User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Proof "Searching for Jerry Garcia" Album Review

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    10-2

Thumbs up Proof "Searching for Jerry Garcia" Album Review

Well, this was Proof's (D12) first solo album, before he died. R.I.P. Dropped in 2005. No one has done it. So I'ma do it. The story behind the title, proof thought Jerrry Garcia was a very smart person. He wanted to be like that. First review. Enjoy.

Knice
    Just an intro, takes place at the first annual Detroit Hip-Hop awards you hear the announcer and applause, then Proof starts to talk. Basically saying he didn't accomplish anything. He remember when him and hip hop fell in love. The first award is the recognition award and Proof's name is called you kinda hear Purple Pills (D12 song) Then it kicks into the next song.

Clap With Me
    In this song Proof talks about growing up in the D, and the struggles the detroit rapeprs went through. Also how the Shady/Aftermath struggles went through. Chorus is cool, part of the beat, obvioucly you hear clapping. Flow is great on this. Solid song.
    7.5/10

Bilboa's Theme
    This is him trying to continue to have the same mentality of Jerry Garcia, Smart, caring ect. Life aint ahrd just bluff it. You'll be fine. Mellow type of ebat, got some rockish techno type stuff. Pretty good. Flow was decent in this. Solid song.
    7/10

When God Calls (skit)
    You hear the beat from the previous track, and talking. Then you hear a car burnout. After that it's doctors talking and you hear him getting shocked then "We lost him." Kicks into the next track.

Forgive Me Feat. 50 Cent
    WOW. This is one of the DOPEST song on the album. he's reflecting on his past. His disfuctional family. His own family. They days back in Detroit with Em when they were goons. His mistakes. He mentions that hes thanksful to Eminem for always beiing there for him and he's thankful he's his bestfriend. This was a dope as fucking track. Flow is dope. Beat, had pianos, sinths and violins. He's wondering why he's still alive and why did God do so many thing even when he was trying to be a better person for intance he mentions why did he takes Bugz (Decest member of D12). 50 was on the chorus, all they did was sample the chorus from Ghetto Quaran.
    10/10

Purple Gang
    This was okay. Proof wasn't even on this except in the beginning. This was just mostly the detroit group Purple Gang. This was basically aimed at the enemies of Proof. Shut the fuck up or get knocked out. They all have dope flows. beat was okay, at first it was dope then to me got annoying.
    7/10

Nat Morris (skit)
    Announcer Nat Morris. Yo hear the beat a little bit, he's just announcing the next single by Proof.

Gurls wit da boom
    This track was dope. His first single on it. It was a hot club banger. Talking about woman. Parties, drinking. Beat is a dope club beat. Flow was pretty good
    "Yea you shake it like Beyonce, but can you fuck?"
    Pretty dope track, really doesn't get that old. I liked it. Pretty dope.

7.5-8/10

High Rollers feat. B-real and Method Man
    yea, this was dope. Classic Wu Tang Clan beat. It's a dope beat. All are dope as fuck on this track. About being smoking and drinking. Being on top of the world, doing whatever you want. Method, B Real and Proof came dope. B real flow was dopeness. Method had dope verse. So did Proof. Better track.
    8/10

Rondell Beene (skit)
    This is just Detroit Pimp rondell beene. Talking about being big pimps and shyt. This is just for the next track.

Pimplikeness Feat D-12
    This was also pretty good. jazy type beat. Chorus was a little weird. proof and EM on it. Em just does the adlibs on the chorus he says pimp weird lol. Proof came good. Kuniva, Swift and Em came good. Bizarre came trash as usual. Flow was pretty good. Woman, pimping them bitches, lol. It wqas decent.
    6.5-7/10

Ali Feat MC Breed.
    This was pretty good. Chorus was weak tho. It could ahve been better. beat was decent. Not one of the best tracks. MC Breed came better on his first verse. proof came good on his. Flow was better with Breed on his first.Decen track.
    6.5/10

No. T Lose Feat King Gordy
    Nothing but this music. That's the basic thing. Gangster genre. Guns, shot ya up and leave you wrapped in plastic. Beat was dope, technoish and rap. Changes up alot. Gordy is just on hook. Be what you want. Got nothing to lose. Flow was great. Good song.
    7/10

Jump Biatch
    This shit was funny as hell. This is when Derty Harry (alter ego) takes over. He's talking to bitch and gives her "happy pills" lol. They go up to the highest floor, all tripped out. He's just trying to get this girl to jump. this song was funny as fuck. The chorus was stupid tho. "Jump Bitch" over and over. Beat was okay went with it, but you hear like cazoo's or some shit. The lyrics itself was dope.
    6-7/10

M.A.D Feat Rude Jude
    This was dope. Sex, drugs and rock n roll. Dope beat had the classic rock n roll feeling. Bouncy. Whole song about sex, drugs and rock n roll. Parties. The classic rock n roll life. Dope flow was great. Had some funny shit to.7.5/10

72 and Central Feat Obie Trice and J-Hill
    Damn, this is when the album start getting heated. Dope as fuck beat. Obie is on this. Starts out someone asking John Lennon for a autograph. Gunshots. Gangster genre song. Shooting and drive bys. Fighting. The beat was dope and grimey. Obie came dope. So did Proof. Also you hear "1 by 1" "2 by 2" ect. Dopness track recommended
    8.5/10

Sammy da Bull Feat. Nate Dogg and Swifty Mcvay
    Another dope track. Mix of a grimey, dark and kinda clubish beat. About fights. You know you're not real, so don;t act like it. We son't take anything from no one. You get the bulls you get the horns. Nate hyst does the chorus (like always). Proof and Swift came good. Swifty shined just a lil bit on this track.
    8/10

Black Wrist Bro's Feat. 1st Born
    Another dope track. Beat has darker pianos. Dope. Black wrists the tatoos that 1st Born got back int he day. Always got your back homie type track. You fight I fight. Fuck fame, I'll die for you. Born came dope as well Proof. This was dope track. Very sentimental also gangster.
    8/10

Slum Elementz Feat T3 of Slum Village and Mudd
    Dopeness beat. Ghostly Spooky type shit.Saxaphones, painos. It's a cut throat world, do what you can. Hustle, deal, pimp whatever, You better be down to rdie or you'll get smashed. All were dope. Especially T3 ad Proof. He mentions how he was potrayed as Future in 8 mile. The things he did in real life just like in the movie (fighting scenes, hosting, battling). Also how the shady family was always there for eacother. Awesome.
    9.5/10

Kurt Kobain.
    DOPE. Last track on the album. He's writing his letter. Saying the stuff of his past. Beat is dope, you hear writing every once in awhile. he says he has to do it. He just wants to kick it with Bugz and not care. he will always have a smile. Minus everything fame and fortune it's still the same old Proof from the hip hop shop. He recalls on the hip hop shop and Em. Bugz, Swift, Kuniva and Bizarre. How they were all back then. Fuck the world. He says nothing will change Em through the money and everything. He mentions he will die for Em and Hailie, I'm your best friend. How he misses Bugz. How him, Swift and Kuniva helped eachother to survive. Bizarre is the realest guy he know. In the end he shoots himself, Kurt Cobain style. he mentions he's proud of himself to. Flow and beat were great. Dope track.
    10/10

Well, that was it, Definately worth the listen. Buy or download it. The cd was dope, and the ladt track definately went out with a bang *No pun intended* I wish he was still alive to put out more albums like this. Nice beats incorporated rap and rock n roll. Topics and fesh ideas. I was thinking a Eminem or detroit sound, He had his own. Definately worth it. i give it
    8.5/10. Very dope. R.I.P Proof.

Last edited by ....Gone.; September 28th, 2008 at 12:41 AM

Behind Brown Eyes
    Battle Record
    2-2

Re: Proof- Searching for Jerry Garcia

Yeah, thats about right Kurt Kobain is one of my favorite rap tracks, all time
    To The End

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have hours, only lonely
    My love is vengeance
    Thats never free

Battle Record
    10-2

Yea this album was dope. That sucks he passed tho, could have ou out more... R.I.P

Battle Record
    7-1

wtf...he made another album...I love hip hop or some shit....

he had a few mixtapes, but SFJG was his only album.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    10-2

Word. I miss the hip hop shop was dope. Electric Kool Aid i liked to.

Battle Record
    0-2

Man Eminem Almost Commited Suicide after he died.......That Was Some Sad Shit yo, i got this video Of him Freekin out. and he's crying in the corner and shit

Battle Record
    10-2

Why does everything you post, have somethin to doa bout Em...? lol wtf.

Battle Record
    0-2

lol probly Cuz its in my Sig lol,

naw but idk.......only thing i really look at.

Battle Record
    10-2

lo, I was just kidding man.

Battle Record
    0-2

i know bro.....i dont take nuttin Seriouosly i just assume its a joke every time i see sumin lol

Battle Record
    35-10
    Awards 25+ Wins

where can i get the whole cd? even online if i gotta pay.

Battle Record
    10-2

You have to have winrar to listen to it. Extract them but.

I bought it but.

www.albumwash.com

www.katz.cd

would have it.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Illa-Grammatik's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-2

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom. View Post
    You have to have winrar to listen to it. Extract them but.

I bought it but.

www.albumwash.com

www.katz.cd

would have it.
    That albumwash site is sick
    It got errythin on there
    ''Try Again Motherfucker!!''

Battle Record
    10-2

Stop illegally downloading. Support lol. I support the rapper I really like. Some..