i think you'd get taken out by a rampaging Opeysaur
    Welcome to reality.

Re: Post Your Setup...

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    I know where u live ether
    Sadly... your right...

But good luck sneaking onto a military base trying to find me... haha
    Self Made... You just affiliated.

Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin on you...? You could have better gear and couldnt style it on me...

Battle Record
    3-2

the AWS900 is a pro tools desk smart guy.
    I realise you can use it as a control console and send the outputs to Pro Tools for extra editing but I use it as analogue.

Im gona be working with a band called Mongrel which has some people you must have heard of in it. Andy Nicholson (ex-Arctic Monkeys), Matt Helders (Arctic Monkeys drummer) and you might hve heard of John Mclure of Reverend and the Makers and Drew McConnell whose the bassist in Pete Doherty's band Babyshambles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

there's no way that studio is the 2nd best in the UK. The best studios in the UK are unbelievable. I shouldn't know the studios in your area better than you do...
    It was voted it... no joke

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    5-3

by who?
    cuz its no were near close to some of the best labs in the UK that even i know of
    lol
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Paze View Post
    I realise you can use it as a control console and send the outputs to Pro Tools for extra editing but I use it as analogue.

Im gona be working with a band called Mongrel which has some people you must have heard of in it. Andy Nicholson (ex-Arctic Monkeys), Matt Helders (Arctic Monkeys drummer) and you might hve heard of John Mclure of Reverend and the Makers and Drew McConnell whose the bassist in Pete Doherty's band Babyshambles.
    what are you tracking to? why would you use an AWS900 and not use pro tools? that's what it's for. you don't send the outputs of the board to pro tools. it's only an 8 bus console. you track to pro tools and mix with the console down to a 2-track. the board is used to mix the audio and control pro tools at the same time.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    by who?
    cuz its no were near close to some of the best labs in the UK that even i know of
    lol
    and I'd be interested to know which studio he thinks is the one that beats it out for 1st place lmao

Battle Record
    3-2

what are you tracking to? why would you use an AWS900 and not use pro tools? that's what it's for. you don't send the outputs of the board to pro tools. it's only an 8 bus console. you track to pro tools and mix with the console down to a 2-track. the board is used to mix the audio and control pro tools at the same time.
    I spent a day in there with 1 of their engineers and he was using it as a desk - everything within the box apart from 1 thing. He had Pro Tools open on the main machine but the majority of the audio wasnt being loaded onto it. I wanted to redo a small section so he loaded the track onto Pro Tools and edited out the part I didnt want... then it was loaded up as an edited file on the desk on the same channel.
    Thats why...

Battle Record
    3-2

and I'd be interested to know which studio he thinks is the one that beats it out for 1st place lmao
    They have a couple of awards sitting in a cabinet as you walk in. 1 of them is ".... UK studio of the year, runner up - 2nd place"

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

I spent a day in there with 1 of their engineers and he was using it as a desk - everything within the box apart from 1 thing. He had Pro Tools open on the main machine but the majority of the audio wasnt being loaded onto it. I wanted to redo a small section so he loaded the track onto Pro Tools and edited out the part I didnt want... then it was loaded up as an edited file on the desk on the same channel.
    Thats why...
    lmao you have no knowledge of signal flow. it amazes me. you need to find another school to go to man. they're not teaching you shit. wtf @ thinking you can "load a track" onto a console. I don't get how you know so little about engineering when you've been going to audio school for like 2 years.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

They have a couple of awards sitting in a cabinet as you walk in. 1 of them is ".... UK studio of the year, runner up - 2nd place"
    but who gave them the award? I can give you an award and you can put it on your wall lol

and "studio of the year" isn't "best studio in the UK" like you said. Full Sail was awarded school of the year this year by the state of florida. that doesn't men they're the best school in FL.

Battle Record
    3-2

lmao you have no knowledge of signal flow. it amazes me. you need to find another school to go to man. they're not teaching you shit. wtf @ thinking you can "load a track" onto a console. I don't get how you know so little about engineering when you've been going to audio school for like 2 years.
    I wasnt producing that day and Ill never be engineering there... I was with others and we were testing the recording environments.
    Ive been doing a production-sided course at a college that has a decent music department. I dont plan to be an engineer and no one will be tought to be a recording or sound engineer at my college. You choose that on the degreee year when we switch to another college if we choose to.
    You constantly diss my college and its because you think Im stupid as hell... which I am when talking about certain topics which Ive either not touched on in my first year or not looked into specifically. Last year I mainly learned about midi timecode, midi sequencing, audio formats and conversion, room acoustics, recording techniques & environments, the invention and progression of microphones and I researched about 5 producers and most of their works. I was also in a studio with an analogue desk for an hour a week learning how to set up channels, inserts and set effects racks.

Thats why I dont know about controlling a desk on Pro Tools. They barely tought us to use it - its all about going home and doing shit yourself in my college if you want to learn something in greater detail than that year of the course covers. And I dont think many people at home have any sort of equipment like the SSL desk

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

so you don't go to an audio school... that explains it. you're taking music production at a normal college. even still... you should know that a console is incapable of storing audio.

Battle Record
    3-2

I thought almost no consols store audio... because when I work with analogue desks I work from a multi track
    And theres no audio schools in my country... probably because all places offering any sort of proper degree should allow the government to pay funding for all of the scottish students and the government wont pay above 5k a year. Thats why
    I never went to the Royal Academy of Music and Drama to do Music Composition... cause the government would only pay 5k a year which is only like 1/4 of the yearly fee and my parents wouldnt pay the rest, I couldnt work for 5 years before doing it because my qualifications run out after 3 1/2 and I couldnt take out a loan cause I was only 16. You couldnt even call that an audio school though... there was nothing technical in that course
    Last edited by Paze; August 29th, 2008 at 01:32 PM