User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 45 of 63

Thread: $250 budget.

Battle Record
    3-2

Re: $250 budget.

I have it and am learnin' it... I like it so far...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    if a AT mic ever sounds like a Samson USB mic.... it's a preamp problem. Seriously. No AT mic is THAT BAD... lol.

The r0de mics are nice, but you REALLY gotta watch out how you mix your vocals on them, cuz they have a significant high end boost naturally.

and chrit, you should try Cubase SX3... its alot more user friendly than Pro Tools is, and it'll get the job done for you.
    now that I use both programs interchangeably I definitely don't agree with that statement. As far as ease of use Pro Tools editing is SO much easier than any program I've used. But I'm also using advanced editing and mixing techniques. I've been on the fence about this but Pro Tools is definitely the business. Some of the shit it does is like cheating lmao

Battle Record
    3-2

if a AT mic ever sounds like a Samson USB mic.... it's a preamp problem. Seriously. No AT mic is THAT BAD... lol.

The r0de mics are nice, but you REALLY gotta watch out how you mix your vocals on them, cuz they have a significant high end boost naturally.

and chrit, you should try Cubase SX3... its alot more user friendly than Pro Tools is, and it'll get the job done for you.
    Word. Theyre comparable though and have a similar sort of everything - everything just seems quite poorly picked up because of clarity and theyre both noisey - nomatter the preamp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

i have only purchased one mic...and its the rode nt1a...im a big fan

my voice sounds good on it..im actually lookin into coppin somethin else comin up soon...ima head up to sam ash and check some out

EXPANDING
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    now that I use both programs interchangeably I definitely don't agree with that statement. As far as ease of use Pro Tools editing is SO much easier than any program I've used. But I'm also using advanced editing and mixing techniques. I've been on the fence about this but Pro Tools is definitely the business. Some of the shit it does is like cheating lmao
    i dont see how i could work any more comfortably with PT than i could with Nuendo, or even Cubase
    And I'm not a fan of PT LE at all... which is the PT that happens to be in my budget.

One of the biggest things i dont like is being limited in how many tracks I can use, and limited to the interfaces.
    Again... I'm thinking within my budget, and within the budget of alot of people.

I know you spend all day working with a TDM setup at school, but those systems are ridiculously priced because of the grip that Digi has on the industry.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-2

Opey forgets that the rest of us aren't perched atop Mount Olympus... we are mere mortals Opey!!!

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

So I went cheap on a mic...

Was able to cop an MXL990 on ebay for $35 (including shipping)
    AI

Battle Record
    3-2

Boooo!!!

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Big Keeb View Post
    Boooo!!!
    Hey now... gotta remember this is ONLY to see if I actually start recording again. If I get a week or two in and have recorded multiple verses, I'll know my interest is going to stick. At that point, I'll go out and drop another $600-$800 on better equipment.

Right now its completely minimalist... the cheapest setup I can do that won't sound like complete garbage.

(hell, at one point I was able to have not horrible quality with a no name mic and horrible preamp going into a stock sound card) So I figure my mixing should be able to make this stuff sound usable.
    AI

Battle Record
    1-1

the MXL 900 is good quality.. but hey if this is just a test its a good mic to go with

Battle Record
    3-2

my mic is generic chinese shit, and my interface is the most entry-level Presonus offers with built in preamps... so I'm just fuckin' with you...

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

i dont see how i could work any more comfortably with PT than i could with Nuendo, or even Cubase
    And I'm not a fan of PT LE at all... which is the PT that happens to be in my budget.

One of the biggest things i dont like is being limited in how many tracks I can use, and limited to the interfaces.
    Again... I'm thinking within my budget, and within the budget of alot of people.

I know you spend all day working with a TDM setup at school, but those systems are ridiculously priced because of the grip that Digi has on the industry.
    i work with pro tools le and cubase 4 at home. PT LE does a lot of things that Cubase doesn't. I never realized it before but now that I've been using them both interchangeably I've noticed how much easier pro tools works. It makes doing advanced things very easy to do.

And I wouldn't sweat the track limitation. It's only for active audio tracks with audio files in them. Midi, FX, Master, and AUX tracks are unlimited. You're not recording 24-48 audio tracks into your sessions.

As far as hardware goes, I like M-Audio gear anyway.

But that's not even what we were talking about. You said Cubase is easier to use. I just disagree as someone who uses both programs frequently.

Battle Record
    5-3

what does pro tools do that cubase doesnt?
    does it hold me gently while i cry on its shoulder on saturday night?

DOES IT?
    Nah but for real, anytihng I NEED TO DO, i can do in Nuendo... or Cubase, remember I'm not a engineer sir, and the setup, and functionality of Cubase/Nuendo really appeals to me much more than that of PT LE.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    41-13

well fuck... lost the auction on the interface...
    AI

Battle Record
    3-2

keep lookin'... plenty of great deals on eBay... and since you bought a cheaper mic you can spend a couple extra dollars on an interface...

http://cgi.ebay.com/M-AUDIO-Fast-Tra...6.c0.m14.l1318

check that one out... buy it now for $140... not bad...
    Last edited by Keeby Swaggz; July 31st, 2008 at 11:59 PM