User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: First thing I thought....

Battle Record
    5-3

Re: First thing I thought....

once again... he never said it was JUST a black problem. He was speaking on it because it is a problem that exists in the black community PERIOD.

and I think there that problem affects the black community much more than any other community. Especially in the the context he put it in... "rapper, actor, ball player".
    In alot of poor black communities those are viewed as the only way "out"
    That is were the problem lies within. When that viewpoint is reinforced by the glamorization.
    Welcome to reality.

doesnotexist

hopefully this guys quotes reach the eyes and ears of some radicals

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Kris it shouldn't be like that. Why is it only black people an minorities can look forward to "ball playing, acting, and rapping"? Not every person in the community are criminals etc, its just a cop out, an i'm frankly sick of having every minority "leader" make it seem like minorities are fucken helpess man.. infact criminals and gang bangers are the minorites in the community.. it just seems more prevelant cause their outside alot.. shits annoying. Makes me feel like less than a man to be honest.
    Face it, its mathematics, basics far from fake shit
    My mind is sacred, my skin shine like a Cuban bracelet
    Egyptian Pharaoh, potent ganja use to get me paro/paranoid
    Now I inhale from gun shots, through my double barrel

Battle Record
    30-12

Nas is only 34? Goodness.

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by Rican View Post
    Kris it shouldn't be like that. Why is it only black people an minorities can look forward to "ball playing, acting, and rapping"? Not every person in the community are criminals etc, its just a cop out, an i'm frankly sick of having every minority "leader" make it seem like minorities are fucken helpess man.. infact criminals and gang bangers are the minorites in the community.. it just seems more prevelant cause their outside alot.. shits annoying. Makes me feel like less than a man to be honest.
    no one is saying that every person in the community is criminal... all that's being said is that "rapping, acting, and ball playing" are being glamorized too much in the community. You can't tell me there not. lol. I swear every other dude I know wants to be a rapper, or IS a aspiring rapper, that shit even effects dudes that are 25+, they turn 25 and want to start rappin, and "hustlin" after they lost they job n shit.
    Alot of people don't realize it's probably more likely that you can become a biologist, a astronaut, a lawyer, or a doctor, than a superstar rapper.
    I think that comes with the miseducation of what the music industry is really like. Miseducation also occurs because of these fake ass rappers that are saturating the airwaves.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

wtf man. How are these messages lost on a hip hop community. the fact that someone needs to sit in a thread like this and break down shit like this to hip hop heads is a perfect sign of how fucked up shit actually is. we're supposed to be this guy's base. if he cant reach you then he's not going to reach anyone. why bother? i'm sorry but I can't come up with any reason for why this shit isn't sinking in to HIP HOP HEADS other than people are just really stupid. I'm starting to be embarrassed about my own community.

I just think its funny how BTK went from criticizing Nas and Cain to speaking in ebonics like "realness" and "aight" as if he had to save his "down with the Black folx" card[/evillittledevil]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Opey aint nobody breaking shit down its called a fucking conversation. I live in the hood. I can relate to what Nas is saying. I don't live in a black neighborhood, but it's damn near almost black. So why can't I talk about it? Just cause its a "hip hop communtiy" doesnt mean everyone has to agree with what the man is syaing. He probably wants more welfare an shit like that in the "hood", and i dont think that shit helps, I think that shit hurts minorities mroe than anything. The government should make them get jobs, instead of get free money. Its just a repeating cycle of hand outs, an more crime. Mad drug dealers get welfare since they dont report income. An Kain a lot of people dont become doctors an lawyers in the hood because of WHO? Themselves. Who Do I have to blame for being a petty banger, getting locked up, cutting school, doing drugs and drinking while I shoulda been in school, witch led to getting locked up and fighting, and selling drugs. Who do I have to blame? the school teachers for not chasing after me while I was rolling blunts? Cmon now. Everybody wants to blame everyone else for their problems. An nigga, I had a shitty fucking home life. I should be the #1 advocate for this like this, but im not. Minorities are NOT weak, an people need to stop talking about us in 3rd person like were some off breeds an shit. Like we need them to hold our childrens hands so they goto school, or we need them to give us our food, or we need them to give us our houses, or we need them to get us our education. Niggas dont NEED shit, but themselves, and a little hard work. The problem is stupid mother fuckers have kids, an than dont raise them correctly. Drug users have kids, an let them become gang members. Its all a stupid fucken cycle..
    Last edited by so serious; July 26th, 2008 at 07:05 AM
    Face it, its mathematics, basics far from fake shit
    My mind is sacred, my skin shine like a Cuban bracelet
    Egyptian Pharaoh, potent ganja use to get me paro/paranoid
    Now I inhale from gun shots, through my double barrel

Battle Record
    212-103
    Awards LLL Season Champion LLL HOF 200+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by .El Che. View Post
    I just think its funny how BTK went from criticizing Nas and Cain to speaking in ebonics like "realness" and "aight" as if he had to save his "down with the Black folx" card[/evillittledevil]
    Yeah...ebonics...you got it...found me out...
    Wow...you're perceptive abilities are amazing.
    Go cop a job as a cop.
    You've got deductive powers like I've never seen.
    Or better yet, become a Republican...
    You attack just like us.
    Welcome.

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by Rican View Post
    An Kain a lot of people dont become doctors an lawyers in the hood because of WHO? Themselves.
    thats what Nas is saying, and what I'm saying. LOL.
    It's a problem WITHIN the community. We as minorities shoot OURSELVES in the foot by misguiding our own youth, and allowing them to be misguided by the "phantom menace"...
    which happens to be our own leaders when the masks come off.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    20-6

enough with all this philisophical '"move me a mountain, down by the river" bullshit. Your either going to live respectably or your not. Period. If i want to sell drugs, i will sell drugs. Because i WANT to. If i want to get a job, i'll get a job. because i WANT to. I hate when people get bent out of shape of 'community issues'. The community doesn't affect personal choice, it's vice versa. & Opey, everything Nas is saying doesn't have to be understood. I don't even really like Nas. does that make me any less of a hip-hop head?
    Always Impervious an Axis Power.

Supermod Me.

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

Some of the replies in here explain why they say racism is
    due to ignorance.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

I stand by what I said. Period.

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    enough with all this philisophical '"move me a mountain, down by the river" bullshit. Your either going to live respectably or your not. Period. If i want to sell drugs, i will sell drugs. Because i WANT to. If i want to get a job, i'll get a job. because i WANT to. I hate when people get bent out of shape of 'community issues'. The community doesn't affect personal choice, it's vice versa. & Opey, everything Nas is saying doesn't have to be understood. I don't even really like Nas. does that make me any less of a hip-hop head?
    every person makes up a community... your not seperate from it.
    and regardless of personal choices people make, it doesnt excuse the FACT that we constantly shoot ourselves in the fucking foot as a COMMUNITY. All we do is kill ourselves, then brag about killing ourselves, but blame it on other people besides ourselves when confronted.

Fuck that shit.
    Im not the dude to sit here and go, "man, george bush sr dropped a shipment of guns in the hood"... "man, reagen flooded the streets with crack"...
    who the FUCK sold it to his own people dickface?
    Thats like someone putting a gun in your hand... then you go on a killing spree, but blame the person who put the fuckin pistol in your hand.
    I don't care if you did it cuz you WANTED too... you still did it you nigger.

That's why all these fake ass rappers glamorizing this bullshit piss me the fuck off. The shit is us making ourselves into caricatures. We let ourselves play OURSELVES.

and THAT'S real my nigga.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    1-5

Quote Originally Posted by Born To Kill View Post
    Well...I never heard that quote...
    If he said it, he's obviously wrong about that subject.

And aight, if I misunderstood the lyrics, my bad.

But in all realness...it isn't just black kids trying to make a fast buck with fame.

Look at the useless Hulk Hogan family...
    That daughter of his has her own show...as her job.
    No drive to be anything else except famous in some way.
    Same with Denise Richards, etc...

Yes, it's a black thing...to strive and wanna be only a sports star, rapper, or actor...
    But it's also a generational thing. A current society thing.
    ^^^I agree with what you say