User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: The Writer's Block: Mag of June

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

The Writer's Block: Mag of June

Sup RB! Been a long time coming….basically, the main issue with the magazine not coming quicker was the mod changes and breakdown of communication…so with that, the promised triple-decker magazine isn’t coming, instead you’ll have to put up with a regular monthly or fortnightly mag...idk which one I’m gonna go for….anyhow, have a good read and leave your opinion in the form of feedback.

The state of the OM section is pretty pitiful to be honest, it’s like a poor man’s excuse of quality writtens….most of the stuff I’m reading is generic spew that is as good as the froth from on top a hat that was left out in the rain and now has tadpoles swimming in its material….honestly, I’m not even being harsh here, being harsh would be shutting down practically 80% of OM’s posted…people, please think about the shit you write….cause if you’re not thinking and appreciating your own work ain’t now one else gonna give 2 shits about it…..so from now on, please raise the bar for yourself and others…and only post your best.

Interview conducted by: Baron P. Mortuus
    Interviewee: Ntalek

Baron:
    Sup readers, Baron here…with Mr.Dopey himself, Ntalek…So what’s been happening man?

Ntalek:
    Nothing much trying to see how I.E. goes..If I lose I'll be back rippin the O.M. forum...and maybe sign back up in SS...But I've been busy with life and haven't had much time for leagues...other than that I've been trying to break records in the RB arcade and haven't had much success...lol…

Baron:
    Yeah IE has been pretty good this time around, SS has been aight….it’s been run very good and Engivale has picked up on Mags to, as for the arcade I’m waiting for curveball to return….anyhow, what do you think about the state of OM, I mean it’s pretty obvious it’s not what it used to be…do you think that the many leagues available are negatively affecting OM or is it just that time of the year where activity is down and out?

Ntalek:
    Personally I think that the leagues affect OM...With SS up and running no one takes time to drop pieces in OM as much as they use to...I know with me being in I.E. I’ve strayed away from topicals a bit...but I do try and collab often to keep the forum and my skills up...and I also think it has to do with Newbs...all the b.s. feed...and wack drops makes the forum look newbish...and that too can take away from the want to drop in that forum…and yeah activity is down because of the time of year...but OM still gets a few drops in there every now and again…you just have to catch em while they're up and give it a quick read and feed...ya know..

Baron:
    True True man, the newer writers aren’t helping but everyone has to start from somewhere and build up na mean….anyhow, recently you were nominated for best Newb which you’ll pretty much win to be honest…what your views on that man, do you think you should be in there?

Ntalek:
    Alot of people have been saying I shouldn't be in there cause I'm not a newb I've been here for 2 yrs and such...but IMO... I think I'm a newb among great writers and even being nominated in that category is respected...I may have been here for a couple yrs...but I'm a newb among Well Known heads...and I feel as though I've elevated a lot from where I used to be...and making I.E. playoffs back to back tourney's should say so..Since I began text then went topical...and now I'm rippin the poetry scene...but @ first I was like I'm no newb…but then again when you look at the talent that stuck around RB for the past few yrs..I would be considered...so it’s fine with me…

Baron:
    Word, I was actually runner up and Cry the winner of the Newb category last year I think, so yeah that is a respectable category…anyhow, now let’s talk about some members and your views on them….first and foremost the Notorious E.N.G, Engivale himself, many have said that he is arrogant and haven’t got much respect for him…I don’t agree as Engivale is a sound guy…what’s your take on him firstly as a writer and then as a member?

Ntalek:
    Oh! ENG The Great ONE...lol…nah but seriously the guy is talented as fuck when it comes to topical...I think he has one of the most nastiest flows...I've seen here on RB (besides Boberric) but his content is always fucking dead on...and I have much respect for a writer of his caliber..As a member I think he contributes a lot to RB with mags and such...and plus all the dope OM's he's dropped...Since I wasn't around for the COM and BTK era...he's the best thing I've seen...besides Ledge! Word up!

Baron:
    Talking about Ledgenz, he was pretty much tearing up leagues and then disappeared, so if it came down to it….who would win between Ledge, BTK and Engivale…consider them all to be in their prime?

Ntalek:
    Now that would be a hard call IMO...Ledge has this sort of wittiness to his drops...with a spectacular flow...then you have BTK who basically rips the storylines apart with heartfelt imagery and emotion…and then ENG…who takes all aspects of writing and works then elegantly into his drops...so IDK about this one...but If I had to pick one person to win..I think it would be Ledge...BTK and Eng both have that top notch shit and experience…but Ledge's drops (most of the time) have that deep meaning behind them...or @ least that's what I get after reading his pieces...but shit so does Eng..Hell and BTK...so I truly wouldn't know unless I've read the pieces from that particular battle...ya know...but that would be some Legendary shit right there yo!!

Baron:
    Word, we’ve talked about the top writers, now what do you think about the newer range of writers recently, I don’t mean brand new, they can be upto a year old…who do you think are the top five or so writers to look out for?

Ntalek:
    Haven’t really been up on no Topical writers as of late...but I know that I was helping White Winter elevate...so soon as he gets his flow together he'll be someone to look out for....He's real decent with Imagery though...then there's this cat named Wordplay.. I like his style of heavy multi usage...and nice content to back it up! And I also though I hate to say this…I enjoy Bell's pieces when he's not being an asshole...and continuously getting banned…other than that IDK…it may be a few cats who I'm sleep on...but that just says to me that they haven't dropped anything noticeable or worth mentioning..ya dig

Baron:
    Yeah White Winter has been impressive, he’s been steadily getting better which is good. As for Wordplay, I think you mean WordPloy….that is actually an old head, Vortex to be precise…the Wordploy account was created when he was beefing with Wordplay(Audio head)….anyhow, I agree with Bell being a good writer…but to an extent I highly doubt he has ever felt any piece he’s written…I mean nothing of his that I’ve read seems personal…it seems too tailored towards getting a HOF….mentioning HOF, I’ve seen some cats knock it…like Bell for example…I remember reading once that HOF wasn’t that big a thing…do you think after someone’s got their first HOF that it loses it appeal or do you think constantly being rejected makes you badmouth HOF…what’s your views on OM HOF?

Ntalek:
    Personally OM HOF...IMO is more than a net achievement…it really means that people from a far have read, understood and thought that what you've written was exceptional...as far as getting your first...it made me want more...and want to step my game up...it's not that big of a deal but if you can get one shit why not try and get more! ya know..I write my pieces for me in a way that it can translate to any reader of any sort...and If I even get a NOM I feel like I've done my job...as a writer…no one likes droppin BS...and being rejected from OM HOF...makes you envy those who have several..I think OM HOF is a great way to get writer's noticed…and keep track of all your great pieces…lol…but sometimes OM HOF can become a trend of following post kinda like the Legends forum...ya know…if one person says NOM'd then everyone else want's to NOM that piece...and names have been branded...so when certain people drop *coughENG CoughENG* lol...people automatically think off the back that this is going to be a HOF...which in most cases it is...but some people leave bs feed and then NOM a piece..I mean come on...not taking anything away from any of the great writers who deserve to have them...but come on, be serious…ya feel me!!...and word @ that vortex shit...I thought he left the site for good.

Baron:
    True that, the whole follow the leader shit is a nuisance, so much so that posts are now hidden in the Legends forum….anyhow, It’s been good interviewing you…any final words or ending clichés you wanna dish out?

Ntalek:
    Shout out to the whole IJL la familia...and to all Dope topical writers…thx for giving me the interview…and everybody just keep it Dopey...

Baron:
    Yup and that’s about it folks, once again thanks to N for the interview.

The crème de la crème, the top of the crop…the fuckin’ Harvest….these are the writers that RB is all about….the All Star Squad.

10. Atticus

No disrespect to the man, putting him at number 10 may seem a little weird but he hardly ever comes…still gracing the top 10 in itself is an honour. Atticus has a real abstract style to his pieces….so much so, that he single handedly sparked a generation of writers who mimicked his style and tried to pass themselves off as vets…though, in the long run things change and Atticus had many clashes with the likes of Engivale…later leaving and recently returning and resurrecting Absanti Collective….though, will he or it last?...who knows…for now it’s Atticus at number 10 of RB’s All Star Squad.

9. Tim

Big Tim, former leader of TNL and a great writer. Also, a Legend…known as and inducted. For me, Tim was an influence in the way he formed his pieces and put visuals out for the reader to hook onto….recently, he’s been rather stagnant but that’s understandable…as there really isn’t much for him to achieve…he’s done it all and seen it all…

8. Nique

I wasn’t her biggest fan to be honest, but denying her an All Star spot would be imprudent…after all she was the mistress of flow and rhythm, her street orientated drops dragged the reader headfirst into an avalanche of imagery whether it was description or metaphors, Nique had it…so that’s why she’s here…Nique at number 8.

7. Chris Black

Yup Mr. Black, the angry guy….he currently runs SS and has been doing a good job of it…he’s a story teller, a great on eat that and I believe his main line of writing is in fiction…anyhow, he’s been a great force in SS and always writes pieces that capture the reader, make them swoon to the rhythm of his content…best thing about his pieces are, there is hardly ever a sacrifice of content for flow or vice versa. A finely tuned writer and a legend at that.

6. Camarac

Okay, so some heads will be all WTF at me putting Camarac at 6…they’ll be like, “but he should be higher Baron”…but nah, though he’s a great writer he is hardly even a presence in the broad spectrum…mainly because he is hardly here…I couldn’t care less about other sites….however, talking positive as this is the All Star Squad you have to have something special to be in here…and though unreliable, this dudes got the flow…the multiple words spitting out like pellets like a gun on rapid fire….so there you go Mr. C himself…at number 6.

5. Vortex

Yup, pretty controversial decision putting the V above many other writers, but in my opinion if your gonna have a squad of 10 writers you better make sure you have your bases covered…this guy writes rhymes like we speak…fluid, rapid and every piece has an edge….be it a conscious soliloquy for the world to read or a piece of social mistreatment and revolution. A great writer…deserving of his All Star Status.

4. Legendz

A institution within himself, this guy is a legend in the making…he’s practically ripped through competition like it was a wet tissue, make it a cheap branded wet tissue…government issued…that how good he was…where he’s at now; no idea….but a great writer and humble at that. Much deserving of that elusive legends spot.

3. Engivale

Between number 2 and 3 there is practically no difference to be honest, so I went alphabetical and placed Big E here, a big personality of RB, he’s been a constant and consistent writer…best part is that he is consistently dope and always excels in his pieces…dropping some mythological stuff and next week reversing and writing about asphyxiation…whatever the topic he can make it his own so rightly deserves the spot as an All Star. Plus, he’s RB’s very own Slim Shady….so we have to give him some points for that to.

2. BTK

Big BTK the writer that has competed in both fields of text, be it punching hols where there shouldn’t be or wrapping readers in a quilt of couplets…this guy has a dark, and humorous flair that attracts readers and makes him unique. So give it up for the guy, not only a humble person but a great writer and now an All Starrer.

1. Bounce

Is there any doubt or explanation needed as to why Bounce is here…No, seriously….I’m not gonna bother explaining as there isn’t a need. The Captain…Bounce.

The title may sound lame but these are the writers who seem as the ones with most potential to make a lasting impact on RB… the five writers who I think could be good substitutes if any of the All Stars are unavailable.

5. Jonathon

Practically a veteran of this topical thing, he’s been pouring out pieces each on ehitting the reader in the right spot causing a torrent of nominations….a great writer and competitive SS head. All in all, a future great.

4. Brandon Cee

Previous season champ and a great wordsmith. He’s got a flow that serenades the crowd, it makes them sway as his words sew new meaning into old concepts. A great writer and budding singer. A worthy edition.

3. Baron P. Mortuus

Maybe it’s bias…idk…being as I’m the writer of the mag maybe I think I deserve a spot in the annals of the RB realm…maybe not…if we look at the overall span I’ve been here I believe I have proved myself again and again…though many men have that one flaw…that one weak link and I believe consistency is a women who can’t make up her mind…some days she loves me…others, she carries a dagger conveniently placed from where my eyes cannot see…and where my mind cannot reach…only to stab me in the back and cause me to write a piece that lacks any true meaning a rant if you may call it….but idk…I bribed myself over a cup of Tetley’s tea and convinced myself I should be here.

2. The Witness

A great guy, no idea where he’s at now, probably working or drunk reciting ironic and humorous anecdotes…he was a brilliant writer, a budding legend but life has its own way with many and unfortunately life issues made Witness priorities…no matter though, if times taught us something it’s to never doubt a man, never believe that what’s gone will remain gone…so here’s hoping that one day Witness will return to reclaim his spot.

1. Poeta

He’s gone by many names, but synonymous in all is the fact that this guy knows his metaphors from his similes, his anecdotes from his imagery…he’s the poet…the writer with a thousand words and another thousand ways to put them. A great addition and worthy member.

“Accomplishment is easiest when we work the hardest, and it is hardest when we work the easiest.”

This mag was more a best of compilation, a mag of reminiscing and congratulating the deserving…there are so many writers who deserve shout outs…writers like Cry, Mariah, NTalek, Thomas, Daz, Smoka, Johnny 6-Feet, Ace of Aces, Nahlidge, Feeble Minded, Mindless, Soulstice, Exact, Maven, Grim, Slim Desperado, HighEngineCheif, Write, Elemental Soul…and many many others who escape me at this very moment…I’d list all of them but then the mage would end up never being completed…like the many other ones promised before…where they are who knows… So until next time, when I can give you a mag more catered towards the current generation of RB. Peace and Love, Baron P.
    Last edited by P. Mortuus; July 14th, 2008 at 03:56 PM

Battle Record
    37-7

Re: The Writer's Block: Mag of June

Good shit time for me to hit the OM side hard again.
    Kiss me through the camera lens.
    TNL

Banned
    Battle Record
    21-3

word dope mag..I'll be tearin up OM's again...pretty soon! and p.s. I should've been in the top 10..

cool, writing now.

Battle Record
    136-1
    Awards No Show LLL Season Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins

nice mag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

first mag i think i've truly read from top to bottom; enjoyed it. I appreciate the work you guys are always putting into getting these things up and running.

Battle Record
    62-46
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion FL Champion PS Champion/IE Champion WOP Champion OM HOF PC HOF 50+ Wins

wow i put out shit and still no mention....HOF nominations twice and a HOF piece there already....and good reviews yet still no recognition...just cause i changed my name.
    ARTIFICIAL | PO'ETHICS | INTELLIGENCE

Battle Record
    37-7

Honestly man, I did this mag on my own and am not up to date with everyones new names...so you have to excuse me for that na mean.
    Kiss me through the camera lens.
    TNL

Battle Record
    21-10
    Awards OM HOF Gauntlet Champion LLL Champion LLL HOF

Nice mag man.

I still don't get any recognition , haha.

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-0

Quote Originally Posted by atti? View Post
    first mag i think i've truly read from top to bottom; enjoyed it. I appreciate the work you guys are always putting into getting these things up and running.

^So I take it you were just lying to me all those times then huh...okay, okay, I see how it is. lol

Anyway, super dope mag BP. It was hella informative and enticing. It's been a while since someone has taking the initiative to do this and I'm glad you decided to take it upon yourself to get it done. But, huh, great writing, interesting articles, nice gfx, and dope interview (props Ntalek). Keep 'em coming. pz

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-0

P.S. -- I think you might have forgotten Boberric Lyrics

haha na i skim the others. i just like to see the highlighted pieces and some of the interview usually.

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards WOP Champion

I enjoyed reading this, thanks for the props where they were at, I thought it was really well done and I might be a bit too high on your rankings depending on who you ask, but I appreciate it anyways.

Much respect for doing a mag on ur free time, it was cool of you, but some of the shout-outs to heads who are basically dead to rights at this point seems a little unneccessary and kind of ignores the newer generation of writers in favor of our glorious past.

U just knew I had to have criticism in some way, right? LoL. Nice job, tho, BP, and btw, I consider you one of the cream of the crop on the site and you have been for a while, you rank yourself maybe a bit too low, man.

A.I.

"She managed to extract from the restriction itself a further delicate thought, like good poets whom the tyranny of rhyme forces into the discovery of their finest lines."

Battle Record
    37-7

Thanks, the main problem I had whilst writing this mag was not knowing what's actually going on...so I catered it as a more best of issue, not really an up to date one...hopefully next month I'll have this whole thing in grips to bring a more refreshing read.

Banned
    Battle Record
    2-4

I enjoyed this. It's apparent you put quite some time into it.
    Although, I'd like to be the one that says wtf @ bounce being number one. I'll be the one to say Bounce, Nique, and Camarac suck.