User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Lookin for some advice

Battle Record
    1-1

Lookin for some advice

im jus tryin to get some advice on song writting, when i try thinkin of a topic it kind goes good at first then it falls off, but if i just try to brainstorm verses and then come up with a title the songs like talkin about hella diffrent stuff, any ideas on how i can write up a good song?
    One Deep

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: Lookin for some advice

practice... the more you write the easier it'll become... the more your thought process will be on song writing... my suggestion is write for 15 mins... one a topic... and then leave it.. and start a new one... etc etc... just to practice... that way when you go back to the topic you can be fresh as well as have something already written... feel me? so if it takes you 15 mins to write 16 bars let's say... in 45 mins total time you'll have the makings of a song...

just be precise with your words that's all... if your joints are jumping all over the place... focus them where you want them to go... it all goes back to practice.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    3-2

use the resources around you... it helps, obviously, to have first-hand personal experience with your topic... but you have the news on tv, newspapers, magazines, the internet, other artists... any time you run outta ideas or get a little writer's block, fall back and gather some ideas and look for inspiration... it's everywhere... and then like B said, just write a lot... keep a rhyme book, somethin' that fits in your pocket, and write whenever somethin' hits you... write at the end of the day, like a rhyme diary... write when you first wake up for a few minutes, maybe 'bout the dreams you had... just write a lot to keep your mind sharp...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    1-1

Ight thats real helpful to both of you, appreciate it.
    I was writtin a little 16, it isnt the best but it kinda goes good together, and all the words arent everywhere. So i guess thats 1 step up.
    Last edited by RiZe; June 21st, 2008 at 12:22 PM
    One Deep

Dont force your lyrics... If you have writer's block just stop and chill for a sec.. When you force lyrics that's when you get off topic cause your forcing your self to finish a verse and lines are a bit off topic.... You can always use fillers but you gotta know when its the best time to use it.... dipset uses alot of fillers but it sounds dope.... just practice homie... write about topics you can relate to..... like last night we roped gas and after 10 minutes a dope line came 2 my mind about it. hope it helped... msg me when u drop tracks ill hit it up