User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: For The Newbs... This is Great...

Battle Record
    3-2

For The Newbs... This is Great...

for all y'all askin' "which program should I get to record"...

rather than settlin' for Cool Edit Pro Dinosaur Edition... Opey likes to recommend Cubase...

Cubase is a little tougher to get the hang of at first when you're new and not very knowledgeable about the process of recordin' and mixin'...

but this site is very helpful, and this particular page has several very helpful video tutorials that cover the basics to get you started...

http://www.maketunes.com/articles/cu...utorial-videos

word... peep it and praise me... lol...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Battle Record
    21-3

Re: For The Newbs... This is Great...

Okay so check this out.. I currently got FL 7 producer edition...Acid 7.0 and I'm working off a hp Pavilion f1503...I don't have an interface, midi board or anything else..what would be my next step in getting started? I'm going for the whole in-home studio thing...but that's all I've gotten so far..Someone told me I need to invest in a Mac!

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

what are you trying to accomplish and how much are you willing to invest in it?

btw... nice find keeb

Battle Record
    3-2

a decent midi controller would be a good start... some options are discussed here... http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...in-368744.html

an interface would be a good choice too, assuming you intend to record vocals and/or live instruments...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Battle Record
    21-3

Quote Originally Posted by Big Keeb View Post
    a decent midi controller would be a good start... some options are discussed here... http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...in-368744.html

an interface would be a good choice too, assuming you intend to record vocals and/or live instruments...
    word...see I'm in a slow step by step process..I just want to be able to make quality music from home for now..and I was asking what's the main essentials I'd need to do that besides what I already have..to answer Opey...but I also make my own beats...but I use to use everyone's else's equipment..like I was more Manual..(beat machines keyboard etc)..now I want to go digital...thas why I got the FL 7 cause I heard it was easy..and then I got Acid 7.0...and now im wondering what's the next most important thing to get me started making beats first then record..and seeing as I bought my FL 7.. out of Guitar Center.. I don't have anyof the plug ins..besides a few like FL keys and some other shit..now I know it's better to buy over the net..lol..

Banned
    Battle Record
    21-3

and I usually spend between 200-300$ per piece...but I'd go cheaper if it's still good..ya know.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

well first of all... you're not "going digital" lol. You weren't using analog gear before. "digital" doesn't mean that you're using a PC. analog gear is analog tape, analog mixers, analog synthesizers, analog tube mics and processors etc.

secondly, $200-$300 gear generally isnt "good". There are people out there that will argue that thousand dollar gear isnt good. This is why you need to come up with an overall budget that you're willing to invest in your setup. "good" is completely relative to what you can afford. I have about $15,000 worth of gear and I'm throwing another $5-8k in within the next month. And I still have a lot more gear that I want for me to consider my setup to be good. So my recommendation of what's good is not going to be $300 gear.

Banned
    Battle Record
    21-3

well you're way ahead of me..first of all..

I got like 1K to get the essentials...so lets say a 200$ midi board..a 200$ Mic..@ 200$ interface...or some shit like that..I'm not trying to build the shit up in 1 day..hell I ain't bill gates..lol..but do you feel where I'm coming from..I just want to get started..I don't want the best studio out the gate(well I do) but I know it's financially not possible atm..so I'll start off with basic shit.. is what I'm saying..I was basically asking a rookie question on what I would need to get what I got going..!!

which is FL 7 producer edition and Acid 7.0...I can do vocal shit on both..but Acid vocals are a bit better than FL's..so I've heard..