User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 53

Thread: 2nd

Battle Record
    3-2

2nd

Ok Im about to get my M-Audio BX5As... and upgrading my headphones.
    Im looking into getting a 2nd professional pair of headphones and monitors aswell...
    Tannoy Reveal 6's seem probably better than the BX's response-wise but have a bit of audible noise. Theyre around the same price and I was thinking about getting these too
    As for headphones... do you think its wise to get a 2nd pair? Obviously its always best to get a "2nd opinion" option for your ears to hrar but is it worth the money?

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

home
    Battle Record
    61-19

Re: 2nd

i bought these yesterday, AKG k141 from www.planetgizmo.co.uk

then i realized their was a mark II version of it but it was more expensive. Even though the silver colour shits on the gold one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (new track daily)

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

why are you buying 2 sets of mediocre monitors instead of one pair of decent monitors?

Battle Record
    3-2

Theyre both pretty decent in my opinion and they both produce seem to sound different naturally...
    Im thinking about it - I have shitloads to buy before these but Im buying alot of that shitload this and next week.

and word Zed... Ima see if I can find anywhere local to have a listen through them. There was better AKGs for slightly more expensive but they discontinued them and took em back to an earlier version. I dunno why

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Your opinion doesn't count because you have no idea what decent is lol

It makes no sense to buy 2 sets of monitors when you can buy 1 better quality pair. It's a bad idea, period. You don't spend money on multiple sets of monitors when you can't even afford one good set.

And those AKG headphones are useless for recording. They're not closed-back so the signal will bleed right into the mic.

Battle Record
    5-3

how much money do you have to spend on monitors total paze?
    because there is honestly no reason to buy 2 pairs of mid level monitors...
    i dunno how you form your logic sometimes man... lol.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-2

Well Im planning to spend $220 on the BX5As in a couple days... and possibley get another set in around 2 months. Im getting these because the monitors are normally $320 new here... I want these 1s cause I use em in college - read up on them and they proove to be the best in the price range.

And Opey I have headphones to give to anyone recording... I dont care about my mixing headphones having a lot of spill into my room which isnt recording anything lol.

Battle Record
    3-2

Fuck you...

and I think Ima go for beyerdynamic DT990... theyre probably the best headphones under $200. I just compared about 40 graphs of headphones and these were almost the same as Sennheiser Hd-650's which are around 3x the price. Check out the AKGs too... slightly better but theyre double the price

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Beyerdynamics makes good headphones. Those 990s are like air when they're on your head. And they have metal construction so they're less likely to break, even tho the part that always breaks on headphones is the plug.

But this is what I'm talking about making bad purchase decisions. You're going to spend $280 on a pair of headphones and $220 on a pair of monitors. How are you going to have a better pair of headphones than monitors? I don't care what you read or where you use these monitors. Saying that a $300 pair of monitors is the best in its price range is like saying a Samson USB mic is the best in its price range so you're gonna get that instead of something better. Then you want another pair of monitors for about $400. You could take the whole $900 total and buy a decent pair of monitors. Instead you're going to have 2 pairs of cheap monitors and a set of luxury headphones that will most likely sound better than either set of your monitors.

BTW.. you're willing to waste $900 on shit you don't really need but wouldn't come off of a couple hundred to properly set up your room. You have weak logic. I can't figure out your thought process at all. The only thing I can think is you saw me and Kris talking about nice headphones and multiple monitor set ups and you thought you had to have that shit. A multiple monitor setup is useless if both sets of monitors are cheap. When you can afford a GOOD set of monitors THEN you can get 2 pairs. Stop trying to cut corners.

Battle Record
    5-3

yea, me and opey already have some good monitors (his being way better than mine though... the bastid!). Thats why were trying to go into the dual setup.
    I definetly wouldnt get 2 nearfield monitors that are the same price range as my dual setup though. I dont care how different they sound.

If you really want to just get a set of monitors for like 300-400 right now i would suggest you go ahead and get your "shit monitors"...
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MixCubesAct/

then save up and get a good pair of speakers for like a G or more. Because right now it sounds like you just want to get the bx5's because there on sale. You have the traits of a compulsive shopper. lol.
    But in the end, it's your money... do what you want.
    Welcome to reality.

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

nah i bet when clients walk into his room and see his setup they would be impressed bye the fact that he has two sets of monitors...granted, there really is no point to it, but it could help him charge more money for studio time

idk tho?
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    Beyerdynamics makes good headphones. Those 990s are like air when they're on your head. And they have metal construction so they're less likely to break, even tho the part that always breaks on headphones is the plug.

But this is what I'm talking about making bad purchase decisions. You're going to spend $280 on a pair of headphones and $220 on a pair of monitors. How are you going to have a better pair of headphones than monitors? I don't care what you read or where you use these monitors. Saying that a $300 pair of monitors is the best in its price range is like saying a Samson USB mic is the best in its price range so you're gonna get that instead of something better. Then you want another pair of monitors for about $400. You could take the whole $900 total and buy a decent pair of monitors. Instead you're going to have 2 pairs of cheap monitors and a set of luxury headphones that will most likely sound better than either set of your monitors.

BTW.. you're willing to waste $900 on shit you don't really need but wouldn't come off of a couple hundred to properly set up your room. You have weak logic. I can't figure out your thought process at all. The only thing I can think is you saw me and Kris talking about nice headphones and multiple monitor set ups and you thought you had to have that shit. A multiple monitor setup is useless if both sets of monitors are cheap. When you can afford a GOOD set of monitors THEN you can get 2 pairs. Stop trying to cut corners.
    Im getting the headphones half price because theyre used... same with the monitors.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    yea, me and opey already have some good monitors (his being way better than mine though... the bastid!). Thats why were trying to go into the dual setup.
    I definetly wouldnt get 2 nearfield monitors that are the same price range as my dual setup though. I dont care how different they sound.

If you really want to just get a set of monitors for like 300-400 right now i would suggest you go ahead and get your "shit monitors"...
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MixCubesAct/

then save up and get a good pair of speakers for like a G or more. Because right now it sounds like you just want to get the bx5's because there on sale. You have the traits of a compulsive shopper. lol.
    But in the end, it's your money... do what you want.

Ive worked with a few pairs of monitors in differentg price ranges. The BX5As and 8As are the ones Ive worked with most... I can afford them and theyve been recommended to me by several people. The Tannoy monitors also look decent but from what Ive experienced I prefer the BX5As
    And Kris those monitors cost $600 here lmao

Battle Record
    3-2

I have the BX8's... if you're gonna only spend $300-400 on monitors, I'd recommend them over the BX5's simply due to added low range on them... and I think they sound better overall... for not much more, at least get the 8's...

but honestly... you don't always gotta agree with Opey and Kris, but this is a really good example of when you should...

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Why do you even ask for help? You have it all figured out bro. You should teach us. We don't know WTF we're talkin about.