User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: When I lease

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

When I lease

When I lease a beat, should I leave the first tag in and thats it. Or should I take out alll the tags?

BTW - All leases are $10 so if you wanna lease, get at me.

Battle Record
    5-3

Re: When I lease

definetly leave the first tag... lol

i'd even put a tag in the middle of that shit
    but I'm not a huge fan of leasing anyway
    Welcome to reality.

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

^Alright, people aren't going to be like "I LEASED THIS SHIT, I WON'T NO TAGS MOTHER FUCKER"! They expect a tag or 2?

Battle Record
    5-3

for 10 dollars... fuck em
    if they want no tags they can BUY THE FUCKIN TRACK...

fuck all that "i leased this, so cater to me" shit...

you gotta draw the line somewere when it comes to self repsect as a beatmaker.
    Welcome to reality.

home
    Battle Record
    61-19

internet hustler

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (new track daily)

Battle Record
    3-2

Ive had a lot of people say "I want to tags in the leased beat"... I tell them if the non-tags that important to them then they can buy it exclusive because for $20 they get a tag. If they edit it out and I find out I take away their leasing rights because they broke a term in the lease contract.
    A lot of people actually lease shit from me to have less tags - but not no tags.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

Cool thanks.

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

Hey, how much you guys think I should exclusive for? I usually just say "throw out an offer" but I'm not getting nothing with that. Now I changed my leases from "Throw out an offer" to $10. Exclusives..... $200? Don't laugh at me, lol. I have no clue how much I should put my exclusives.

Battle Record
    3-2

Whatever you want for them... dont part with them for something that isnt worth it. But dont over-charge. Think about how appealing that beat is and how many people ill want it - the more the more expensive
    My "freedom" beat gets like 5 offers per day of $100-300 normally. I want $600+
    Even though it contains a sample and shit people want it... its a very appealing general hip-hop beat that would make a dope song that would sell - for real. I might bump the price up once I start trying to market it individually to artists

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

^A DAY! Are you serious? I don't get it, I've only got 1 offer and that was a pm from a dude on this forum. I have yet to sold a single beat. Gimmie some marketing tips, what do you do?

Battle Record
    3-2

I spent too much time promoting my shit... I got my name ot there a lil bit.
    Infact I never even touched a computer from friday-sunday and on saturday night I got to number 10 overall on the soundclick charts (number 2 in subgenre smooth instrumentals).
    I got my name out there for both free shit and cheap leases so thats what people come to me for. I went on a lot of sites (never spammed though), contacted a lot of people (mainly on myspace & soundclick) and overall just promoted myself to get where I am now. I expect when I promote myself even more - to the extent that I did before Ill get double the amount of people hittin my page up. and possibly sell a lease a day then 2 leases a day then 4, 8 etc. until I can survive on making beats. Which is my passion and Il love to do it as a career

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

Damn, you should put a link on your soundclick of my soundclick, lol. Do you have to constantly promote, or did you work your ass off promoting for a certain time period, that it's constant now?

Battle Record
    3-2

Wel within 3 weeks I spent like 5 full days promoting. and I mean full days... like 8 hours in those days and 3-4 hours the other days. I guess it paid off though
    Ima do it again for 2 days after I release a new free beat - itll get on the charts and probably stay there for 1-2 weeks then another... just going in a cycle
    Im up at 8000 total plays per day now. Ive had 2 number 2s and a number 1 (sub genres) and in main genres Ive had a number 3, a number 10 and a number 20

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

Ok, I got 2 question.

Lets say someone wants to lease this beat and another guy wants to purchase exclusive the same beat. You received the info the same day... they emailed you or w/e. Can I lease to the guy and then after that... sell exclusive the the other guy? I know that once you sell exclusive to somebody, you can't sell lease... or at least I'm pretty sure.

Battle Record
    3-2

Yes. Until he signs the contract granting him exclusive rights you can lease the beat to other people