User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: My life... and music

Battle Record
    3-2

My life... and music

A friend made me start thinkin about what I want in life... I was complainin about college basicly wastin my time. He made me think that about 2/3 of the shit I learn there is in no way associated with what I want to do.
    So I was thinkin about leavin college after this year with an HNC (I know no ones heard of this lol) but yeh... I dont wanna waste my time doin essays about pointless shit - I wanna make music, produce music and learn from doing this. The subjects in college "DAWs" and "Multi Track Mixing" are the only 2 related to what I wanna do... and I have learned almost nothing in them - nothing is new to me. So I looked over the content for next year - and what do you know. Its not much harder. The shit is just more shit that I know. I dont mean to sound like a dick but cmon... this course doesnt seem to be for me. The parts that I learn are irrelevant and the relevant parts is the shit I know from self-experience.
    Ight so I was thinking about making beats full-time. My mum comes out with the whole "college or job" thing... but fuck that. I might sound cocky but I know I can make money from beats... more than Im getting just now. I made like $200 this month from them which is good. But if I put in more time making them and promoting myself I could probably get double that or more, right?

Ok so ultimately I want to be a producer... mainly of hip-hop. Im not in the right country for that cause theres about 50 rappers here and theyre all whack. I could move to london or even to America with a bit of saving... but would there be any point?... I mean Id need to go prepared with artists to meet and get ready to network but how would I go about that? I mean online networking is completely different from actually sitting with the person going through your beats with them

I want to do this... I know what I am and what I want. I want to learn more as I go along, have fun and get myself heard - heard enough to be making money from artists paying me for beats. Idont really know how to go about it... any advice? before I fuck my life up lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

Re: My life... and music

If you really believe you're meant to become a producer, you will go for that shit... whatever it takes... it ain't gonna be easy, no matter which direction you take it... don't delude yourself thinkin' it will... but if it's what you need to do, go do it... you'll probably need to move somewhere with a bigger scene, more connections in the industry... and realistically, don't pigeonhole yourself into just hip hop right away... work with/for whoever wants you... it's just that many more connections...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    5-3

dont quit school.
    period

do beats and get a degree at the same time
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

^agreed. you want something to fall back on. and if you want to be a producer stay overseas. I've considered moving overseas because of how flooded the market is here.

Battle Record
    3-2

Word...
    Its just cause how my lecturers have been aar. A lot of them aint turnin up n shit n I dont really plan to complain to the head who also doesnt turn up. Shit I had a project for yesterday... I handed in my plan a month ago and I got my plan back today. I asked for it every single day the dude was in and had a "Ive looked it it but havent marked it" reply every time.

Word... I wanna contact artists all the time but theres a slight language barrier too lol.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

sounds like your fatigued from school. That shit happens. You just gotta push thru and deal with it.

Battle Record
    3-2

It isnt just that... it was easy enough all year then they go and dump half the coursework on us with 2 weeks to go. It run properly atall and its known to be the best in my country. 1/2 the people on my course are either quitting or moving to another college to do this simply because of the running of shit this year. I cant really move college... theyre all about 2hours (for 8.30am traffic) away

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

welcome to college lmao

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

haha...dog ive had final papers/projects assigned a week before they were due...one teacher even sprung on the class that we had to purchase $500 worth of supplies and no where did they list it in the syllabus...

college sucks, especially cuz this is the time in your life where you wanna get out and do shit, but your actually goin to school for somethin that you like and want to pursue, just suck it up man...its worth it in the long run

and i say if you want to come over here, come, but realize, them 8 hr weeks your workin, aint gonna be shit over here, you gonna have work 40-50 hr weeks and take most of that pay and put it towards rent, and then on top of workin your full time, your gonna put in another 40 hours or so toward production...its for the love tho...i wake up every fuckin mornin and say FUCK WORK, but then, its the only thing keepin my dream alive, but then its the only thing stoppin me from pursuin to the extent i want, shit sucks, fuck paradox
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

Battle Record
    3-2

If I moved to America Id save for like a year before moving... since in general pays higher here - especially for "unskilled work" Id have to

home
    Battle Record
    61-19

Paze yo, as much as i miss my home, i love it here in the UK. rent is alright, living standards for students is alright, loans here and there, people are cool. I could've picked any area i wanted (even glasgow ) and probably still be happy. I can do anything i want, and i have. The internet is always there. Consider yourself lucky that you're a citizen, and you can get away with all the financial services they give out here, and you can have schemes to purchase a studio even, or mad equipment, for a very reasonable price over time. thats the one thing i can't do here cuz i'm a foreigner.

but if i were in you're position, and my parents i know would support me, i'd go all out, produce that 6000 pounds studio deal or whatever, and be all set for one MAJOR breakthrough. and plus London is just around the corner, THE biggest centre for music.

I tell you man, if a musician had the money and could pick any one place in the world for a decent chance, its here yo.

(new track daily)

Battle Record
    3-2

wordddd lol

That shits been crossing my mind lately... but you've got it easier than me...

I'm swamped with the Army AND school... so you can just imagine how tied up I am... the only time I get to work on music really is during the weekends... and sometimes I cant even do that like I want because we're always having some kind of training due to us gettin deployed

But believe me... I feel where you comin from
    Self Made... You just affiliated.

Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin on you...? You could have better gear and couldnt style it on me...

Battle Record
    8-7

Quote Originally Posted by Paze View Post
    A friend made me start thinkin about what I want in life... I was complainin about college basicly wastin my time. He made me think that about 2/3 of the shit I learn there is in no way associated with what I want to do.
    So I was thinkin about leavin college after this year with an HNC (I know no ones heard of this lol) but yeh... I dont wanna waste my time doin essays about pointless shit - I wanna make music, produce music and learn from doing this. The subjects in college "DAWs" and "Multi Track Mixing" are the only 2 related to what I wanna do... and I have learned almost nothing in them - nothing is new to me. So I looked over the content for next year - and what do you know. Its not much harder. The shit is just more shit that I know. I dont mean to sound like a dick but cmon... this course doesnt seem to be for me. The parts that I learn are irrelevant and the relevant parts is the shit I know from self-experience.
    Ight so I was thinking about making beats full-time. My mum comes out with the whole "college or job" thing... but fuck that. I might sound cocky but I know I can make money from beats... more than Im getting just now. I made like $200 this month from them which is good. But if I put in more time making them and promoting myself I could probably get double that or more, right?

Ok so ultimately I want to be a producer... mainly of hip-hop. Im not in the right country for that cause theres about 50 rappers here and theyre all whack. I could move to london or even to America with a bit of saving... but would there be any point?... I mean Id need to go prepared with artists to meet and get ready to network but how would I go about that? I mean online networking is completely different from actually sitting with the person going through your beats with them

I want to do this... I know what I am and what I want. I want to learn more as I go along, have fun and get myself heard - heard enough to be making money from artists paying me for beats. Idont really know how to go about it... any advice? before I fuck my life up lol
    First off, don't quit school.

Second, do what your gut tells you. Look at it from a 'no regrets' stand point. As in: If you don't do it now, your always gonna wonder what it would be like.

As you get older, you get more shit to deal with. It all seems to pile up and it sucks. I've been in your mind frame before, and all I can say is.....if you feel you can do it, then do it.

Also, for those who wanna leave their countries, look into canada. I'm serious. The market ain't flooded.....at least the West. our doller is on par with the US.....and the quality of life is pretty dope (Chronic!)

just a thought.

Better than YOU.

Battle Record
    3-2

Word
    I think Ims stick in with college for atleast another year and up my HNC to an HND which is a 2-year diploma. After that its another 2 years for the full degree which would consist of like 80% essay writing
    so yeh another year shouldnt hurt