Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Our Dark Parade - Jonathon & Baron

Battle Record
    15-7

Our Dark Parade - Jonathon & Baron

Our Dark Parade
    By: Jonathon & Baron

“I lay here, naked… In the dark I remain faceless.” He states in amazement. He continues to stroll through this place in his basement. “I have aches and pains from years of tears, my peers would never understand; I’m scared they’d fear,” he pauses, “what’s that noise in my closet?” As he walks with haste his pace decreases, he notices the sun rising – so he hurries to bed before his body lays in pieces.

She stays awake – remembering her love, and on her knees she prays. “Dear, lord from above; help me pay my greatest respects to the one I praise best, and in the next few days, please help us find a way to connect.” It’s the least to expect from such a young bride who’s erect with hope that one day she could find a man who would select her for more than an object of lust. In god she trusts, but she lacks the facts that he hides behind his back. She knows love's confusing; it’s just the bruising that occurs in order to pull out the slack.

He walks her home- alone he stares at known fears
    calm in the exterior- but inside his demons writhe- tears
    escape his eyes- what will she say? Better for lies
    to cover my path- as truth is a trapdoor made of glass
    once opened I’m trapped- our pact broken won’t last
    I’m not a crass man- but rash decisions make me so
    will she forgive- or am I unforgivable? Misery is my foe
    my woes claim me- my secrets shame & debase me
    but so easily the words of truth could claim the love we
    share- she’ll blame & flee- leave me lonely- but surely
    it could be vice-versa, the curse might not faze her
    I can’t face her- so write oh quill on this parched paper
    Poison swims in my blood assured- gloating it floats
    happily doting on my body- a parasite no antidote- hopes
    lost I can’t cope- but to break down is to lose closed in blues
    eyes slope- my genes ridicule me sluice opposed blood who’s
    Gonna be my beau- who’s gonna save my soul so lost & closed
    woes are my wife- I can’t let her love me oh the cost & opposed
    Forces tackle- I become disjointed in the battle of men & beast
    hands rip to claws, my feet break the saddle- to commit ten feats
    of treachery & terror- terrorizing tenfold of ten people but the pen
    which wrote a confession is broken- I can’t mend this steeple when
    I’m the opposing force as well as the King in his castle
    I’m closing down on the horse- drinking its blood no hassle
    when the citizens can’t see me for who I truly be or am
    the man the beast- the count the priest who’ll duly understand
    that I’m not a lover- I can’t love so why try I can’t lie though
    She may be beautiful- but her bloods more divine so
    she may be a bounty- for a beast like me she seems
    Beautiful- but as a man I’ll rot with guilt tugging the seams
    of my heart, my mind a muddle I can’t peddle my 2 feet
    away conscience don’t meddle as I drink this blood loosely

Once again I lay crumbled in stupor at the feet of my bed. My head covered with a matt of blood, my hair torn & ravaged. Instead of surprise, I feel the dull ache of the dead beating irreverently in my heart and my mind treads down memory lane. Will there be an end to this torment, an end to this pain.

“What have I done?” he asks, pondering to himself, trying to catch the ever evading tail of that elusive answer to his woes. “Why, you are finally awake” she merrily stated, ignoring the wretched condition of the man she had come to love. He turns ashamed, knowing full well that she has come to know of his illness. “Why have you come, am I not in disgrace enough, to yet have to be made a mockery in my own home.” His heart bled as he stated his pitiful disposition. “I love you for what you are or what you may become, please do not turn from me” her heartfelt reply rung in his ears, like the first chirp of the morning bird or the first ray of sunshine. Maybe his life wasn’t cursed, maybe she was right?

His eyes stoop like worn troops in the dessert sand -
    lipstick-like colors cover his lips & weathered hands.
    A sin he's committed - deep down he knows he's fitted for hell;
    but quote man - like father like son; & he's beginning to tell.
    He's not comprehending this well, his mind's a time bomb -
    any second it could beckon & he reckons it'll find calm-
    ness. A mess - through all of these obsessive blood sessions
    & confessions he's made about his newest love connections.
    His parent's left him confused - his soul was abused...
    Not used to this pain it’s like his frame became bruised.
    He realizes his fakeness - & makes this situation hatred;
    after sacrificing his future wife's life for something sacred.
    This man's placement in society is basically his basement;
    he's lived his whole life in disgrace - & now he's set to face it.

Debased and angered at my weakness, I can’t breathe. Yet she seems unperturbed and at ease…She sees no illness or disease…my curse is my burden but this burden wants to unleash, ravage all in its way and make my love leave. She seems so innocent…when my first incident occurred she was there; she cleaned my wounds and lathered my hair. Yet it seems odd as to why she never found it strange and accepted all as pre-arranged. WAIT! It seems that every incident of aggression and this beast like carnation has either started or ended with her appearance…is she a trigger, or am I just a fool trying to shift blame on another’s shoulders.

He now loves her; but he's under a situation that's pending -
    how long can he continue to hide this information he's bending?
    Sending her all his regards for this large world that he wants for
    this angel who dangles her life towards him - before he haunts more,
    she reports the abuse, now she's safe, laced in this confused noose.
    Down deep she was seeking his weakness; with lies she put it to use.

The girl turned him in; but burned from within. She knew this hoax had to be blamed on his folks, who had pasted away in earlier days. They were the reason for his illness; in all realness he had to have known he wasn't truly a bloodthirsty human. But as an infant they crashed & blazed, a vehicle ended their ways of pretending their fangs were supernatural, he was left with nothing more than the experiences he knew before he could capture them. The reoccurring of this stage's pace hastened, as the court ordered him life in prison for psychological fixing. His blood pump was broken; still round and thriving, but he felt as if he was dying. Still deeply in love - getting her back was more than worth trying.

Little did he know, she had a secret that was kept & never told. Before this dilemma he remembered the feel of her hands, which were usually cold. Both growing old, and going their separate ways; she's now fulfilling his destiny, roaming the streets living in her own blood parade...
    Last edited by Jon; April 19th, 2008 at 03:26 PM
    Artificial.Intelligence

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    15-7

Re: Our Dark Parade - Jonathon & Baron

First two paragraphs were written by Jonathon
    First verse was written by Baron
    Second two paragraphs were written by Baron
    Second verse was written by Jonathon
    Third paragraph was written by Baron
    Third verse was written by Jonathon
    Last two paragraphs were written by Jonathon

Links on the way.
    Artificial.Intelligence

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    15-7

Oh, I know its long, but when you feed feel free to leave up to three links. I'll hit them, promised.
    Artificial.Intelligence

Whatever, Fuck You HighEngineChief's Avatar
    Battle Record
    15-6

Jon -
    Your first two paragraphs were dope, the lack of any need for structured meter made this real fun to read, you managed to keep it in good flow and with a reasonable rhyme scheme. The opening barfor you first verse was sick, the lipstick turn around was dope. The conept of this piece was cool,the topic is played but you really had a deep connection to your characters and it brought the darkness and enjoyment to the piece, very nice work and the end was on some saw shit, the parade must go on.

Baron -
    I'm actually glad you did'nt rhyme your first two paragraphs, it added a nice feel to this piece kind of like the host of the twighlight zone introducing the scene. Your verse was pure dopeness and you played off of Jon's concepts perfectly. I kind of figured you would rhyme the next paragraph, you had a nice flow and the multi's were simple but very effective. I really enjoyed reading both the story and free verse aspects of this piece.

Great piece you guys, definatly HoF material

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...ar-364996.html
    RTF ^^^^^^!!!!!!

Battle Record
    15-7

thanks man.. i'll get it.

forgive me about the links guys, i don't have computer access except for now, but only 30 minutes.

EDIT: I will hit every link after sunday, thats when i'll have complete computer access.
    Last edited by Jon; April 23rd, 2008 at 08:41 AM
    Artificial.Intelligence

Banned
    Battle Record
    21-3

First off this piece was pure dopeness.

Whoever thought this up had it planned to the T..the execution of tihs piece was great...I liked the paragraph parts really brought more out of the piece and did the job @ drawing the reader in...Jon you did a good job opening this one up...you brought it str8 @ the reader with some descriptive wording..and I really took a liking to the opening...so props on that...then baron, I felt did a good job in the first verse...very informative...basically painted a picture as the reader read along...

Quote Originally Posted by Baron P. Mortuss
    that part right there did something for me...IDk wut it was I just really dug this part...the emotion and imagery in the last 3 lines.. paited this grim picture...I felt like I were in the story so props on that baron..

ON to the next paragraphs...Jon you did a good job here...going into a narritive type format...w/o rhyme scheme..to give the reader a chance to put the pieces together so to say...you had some solid emotion in the 2 short para's...and did a great job lining everything up as the story progress...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon
    This part here was sick..the flow was on point..the emotion was crying out @ you...and the imagery basically slapped you in the face...dope shit Jon..this part really got me hyped up to see how things would turn out..props...

Baron you did a great job carrying the flow over to the next paragraph..and keeping it going kinda on that same rhythm scheme...this paragraph really brought out your ability to simply flow...instead of the normal choppy flow braon this was more so smooth flow baron here so props on that...your wording is always...good..though kinda simple in this one..you worked it well...

Now the ending i thought was dope...you did a good job...especially with the lil flip on the woman and everything..that played out well...and with the way that this entire piece was structured..I could've guess but didn't see that one coming...overall this was a dope collab..kinda like a short story/OM topical...so to say..the first one I've ever seen lol..but overall this was dope...props to both and thanks for the read fellas..NOM'd...RTF...pls...

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show....html?t=366517

Last edited by Ntalek; April 23rd, 2008 at 09:12 AM

Battle Record
    45-8
    Awards Legendary Audio ABL Champion BOTW AOTM AOTW Legendary Member - Award Request Accepted

OK OK OK...What the fuck with this long ass collab...hell when i read this, it took up damn near my whole break of lunch, but as usual it was well worth the 35 minutes it took me to concentrate and read this....ya kno what i am kinda jealous how two people can make a collab as dope as 5 ppl, and i have to give yall props for that, i looked at the title and was like....well another inspirational predictable piece and only one of the words i used was right...i had absolutely no clue wtf was going as until i read it again..

..*so wat im a bit slow* lol but the take was dope as tyrone biggums in a crack house with 6 needles and a cigarette, vocabulary as usual from Baron is exceptionally well and imagry on Jons is the same but both came with their own style of emotion i like how the the overall piece read out not your typical structure which gave it its...well story feel to it even tho im not the bookish type was highly impressed by the structure and well and highly thoughtout collab.

Props to Both and im sure its been nominated...

*Hops On Band Wagon*

:Coolio:
    Last edited by XM; April 23rd, 2008 at 10:17 PM
    Where the fuck was I fore they found me?
    Floatn in a meadow, dragonflies all around me
    Seeded in a ghetto, smokin cigarellos
    Stress oceans try to drown me
    Walking on water like when Christ did, glidin
    Mic in my plam like the trident in the hand of Poseidon

Battle Record
    15-7

thanks man
    Artificial.Intelligence

Battle Record
    45-8
    Awards Legendary Audio ABL Champion BOTW AOTM AOTW Legendary Member - Award Request Accepted

no prob now feed my damn Piece or no love nectur to you

Battle Record
    15-7
    Last edited by Jon; April 23rd, 2008 at 10:43 PM
    Artificial.Intelligence

Is honestly...speaking
    With the Writeobots chillin on the writer's block, sensibility is knocked and we rock pens instead of socks...dig it
    Battle Record
    0-1

so um...this piece was cool man..you both did a great job matching each other...which always makes for a good collab...both writers being on the same page and being able to keep within the same style was pretty cool...

jon...i liked your character development as far as the dude...he was very conflicted and untrusting ...but when he let his guard down he did get the raw screwing so yeah. I thought the paragraphs were interesting...different from the norm round here...and different is often good...so you did a good job starting and ending this piece.

Baron you did a good job here as well...i like also how you stepped out of your normal style and tried something different...like that all the time ya dig. I like how you came along second and followed the story up perfectly and kept it going in the transitions and how you both carried along with the story in that way. I liked the flow of your verses and paragraphs and verse...the imagery was excellent as well...for you and jon...

all in all it was a very emotional, imaginative, well written piece...final answer

hit me up...i got two:

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...am-366365.html

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...ve-366613.html
    Writeobots...roll out

Battle Record
    45-8

Battle Record
    15-7

will do later.
    Artificial.Intelligence

Battle Record
    15-7

so one of my favorite pieces i've written doesn't get attention.. damn
    Artificial.Intelligence

Soule

Hit up my poetry battle against Ex.Machina. and "Damn, These Glasses!". YOU DO OWE ME!

Jonathon- loved everything you had in here man, the topical parts were dope as fuck. And the short story scenerios were just as raw. Loved it all from the get go. Wording was really well focused and very well done. The flow of everything was really fluent and damn near came off perfectly. Liked the rhymescheme, really did itself a good essence of the read. Imagery was beyond my standards. Very visual and held itself some fantastic descriptions here dude. I really was set up to see the whole film without anything going wrong, didn't spill my popcorn, fall asleep or get aggrivated once. My favorite scene with you in it was more then likely...

Emotion was really strong here dude, and in the end a damn near flawless read from my wonder twin. Keep writing.

Baron is a jew! Just kidingm you had just as much of a flawless lead as Jonathon did dude. So everything I said to him, holds it's ground with you. Favorite lines are...

in the end, you guys had the best piece of April right here. And when all is said and done, you put together a perfect piece. Keep writing.