Thread: Timbaland style

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0
    Last edited by Trey Songz; March 16th, 2008 at 02:19 AM

Battle Record
    1-2

Re: Timbaland style

The beat is aight, but there are a couple things you definitely need to work on

for one, the drums are WAYY too soft, and if you goin for a timbaland feel, you can't have that, and the other thing is that the melodies are way too simplistic

the beat is polished and there isn't any mixing problems, but if you want your beats to be hittin like you want, make the drums hit harder and all bro
    HOTTEST BEATS EVER AT LINKS BELOW!
    soundclick.com/dtproductions
    myspace.com/dennistproductions

NEWEST BEAT ON SOUNDCLICK: "HUSTLERS ANTHEM"
    [SOUNDCLICK]6686112[/SOUNDCLICK]

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

Thanks man.

yea hes right the drums could be louder the melody is simple but i think it works with this your transitions are nice solid beat man

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AIM m1raclech1ld

Battle Record
    5-3

the only thing remotely close to a timbo sound is the gated synth.

the drums don't sound like tim at all, neither does the kit... some of your sounds are way too clean... the hat doesnt fit in the kit you picked either. The mix isnt lead by the drum either. Plus there is not enough motion going on with the melody.

You need to create a more solid counter melody, and let the trance synth fall back sometimes.

Get it poppin man... get that bounce goin.
    Welcome to reality.

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

Thanks guys. Yea... when I heard that synth, I was like, timbaland would so something like this. So I fucked with it and made the synth sound like timbo. Didn't really know how he did his drums or anything else. :/ But thanks for all the feed. Muchly appreciated.

Battle Record
    5-3

pay attention to how tim works the movement of his music... how he keeps it simple, but just has alot of subtle movements going on through out the song. He sets a mood with his drums, then builds on it with his instruments. his arrangement compliments all of the building as well.

You also have to pay atttention to your arrangements... i think if you break your songs down into the correct arrangements, it will encourage you to make more moves musically.

add a bridge in there instead of a 3rd verse... make it progressive, make it build up into a explosion in the hook... create a stronger counter melody, and think of a stronger main melody. Make it real catchy... when you go after making tracks like this, for the clubs, and for the radio... you gotta think big money at all times. That's how your gonna start finding out that formula to making music that sounds like "hits"..... piece by piece you'll slowly see it.
    Welcome to reality.

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

Thanks man, I'll keep this info mind.

though it's not even a big deal, but for your vocal tag, should prolly run it more slower lol

Drums should be a lil more harder, and either need to work with a more powerful clap or use a snare

I think the hi-hats doesn't really fit the kit you were workin with on this one

From your last tracks I heard, you seem to be steppin up though

keep at it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.