Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: “The Wide Road to Why Not To Teabag”

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    0-3

“The Wide Road to Why Not To Teabag”

“The Wide Road to Why Not To Teabag”
    by Sam Ghosh

It was one of those nights where I drank too much, tea. My woman, with tears in her eyes, seeing mine red and the Lipton on my breath, said I did it again. I lied. She put her hands in my pockets almost seductively, kissing my forehead. Her lips were still wet with tears. I closed my eyes; her lips were there for an unnaturally long time, about fifteen minutes. I found a teabag held to forehead in place of her lips. I know you drank too much teach, at least owe up to it, she yelled, you start writing scary things when you drink too much tea. Next thing I remember, I was on the curb with only a teacup in my hands. The crosswalk light went from Don’t Walk to Walk. It was an omen. I had a journey to take before I could have my woman back.

Red, green and yellow
    Vistas of shoelaces and hubcaps
    Ivory crosswalks

I journeyed from that crosswalk, across the steppes of Brooklyn, across a rivulet of the river Styx, the Hudson, into the steel valleys of Manhattan. I found myself at the Temple of Peter Stuyvesant, small bricks hidden in the steel city. I took the trials and climbed to tenth floor, using guile, strength, agility, and a Student ID card.

Brush strokes, architects rules
    Words wafting sweet smoke in and out
    In English and Chinese

I met a fellow poet up in these caverns. He looked lost but alive and I guessed his name was Miles. I pulled out my writing brush and exclaimed would Miles cross brushes with me a write a renga.

Bold = Sam
    Regular = Miles

Whirlpools of summer
    The heat of reality TV
    Survivors naked

The click of the remote
    and a new show is born

On the screen, a warthog
    Somehow in a suit, he speaks
    “You’re Fired”

Big Brother orgies in bathtubs
    Telethons and lights of Idols

Desert islands lost
    The sunset turns and rises
    Miles is voted off

I told him he was voted off this renga. His head was low as he mumbled something about how come Sam was allowed to be the tribe. I felt I had learned the first lessons. I must be able to remove the negative parts of my life as easily I removed Miles from the renga.

I met a sage. She said I must travel down to the seventh floor. It was covered in moss and viscous plant life, such a tulips. The evil gardener down there knew I hated tulips, because of their association with corny second grade jokes. I found his lair, where he was putting his hostages to sleep! I exclaimed:

A honey-like escape
    Sleep amongst leaves and desks
    Bring machetes!

Everyone rose and the gardener ran. He seemed to just be misunderstood. They cheered for me as their savior. Though two would not come forward, they were dignified, like me. I knew they were poets. One of them looked like Nedal and the other like a Maggie. I exclaimed would Maggie and Nedal compose a renga with me!

Bold = Sam
    Regular = Nadal
    Italics = Maggie

Stealing Spring Sunlight
    Through winter clouds and barren trees
    Dreaming in Biology

A universe hidden beneath a thin
    Lager of white chalk, empty desperation

Unbearably warm
    Molecular formulas
    Sam falls fast asleep

Dreaming in tie dye equations
    And scantily clad science ladies

Lightheaded buzz
    A blood pool, a bulge
    Images flash across the slate

The meaning of life lost in Figure 5-2
    Textbooks collect rivulets of drool

There I learned the second lesson. I must be able to be efficient in my life, even while I am asleep, I must write beautiful poetry. The gods and my woman will only smile upon when I can be the most efficient.
    The evil gardener came out to speak with me. Apparently he was not evil, just under an ancient spell, which my words broke. He was wise and old and told me that to get my woman back I must learn the ancient science of Women’s Voices. He told me not to believe the legends that Amazonian warriors that ripped men to shreds guarded the art. I wasn’t sure, but in order to get my woman back, I needed to learn this skill, this science.

Among escalators
    I lose my self’s backpack
    Standing still

I find the keeper of the secrets on the trial grounds on the 9th floor. I was surprised to find men amongst their ranks. I exclaimed where is the keeper of the knowledge. She was not there. I fell to my knees with tears in my eyes. How can I go back home unless I had the knowledge! Those who I perceived to be Polina, Jamal, and Michi came and gave me a pat on the back. The ultimate remedy for the soul is a renga. My soul was a bit more hurt than usual so we wrote two:

Bold = Sam
    Italics = Michi
    Regular = Jamal
    Underline = Polina

Edges in the field
    Gilded in sunlight and snow
    The dog yapping

The cold chills me to the bone
    My mother is calling me

Her image looms large
    In the doorway of the room
    Where the warmth lones from

Is that her at the loom?
    Or is it an approximation?

The smell of coffee
    Wafts seductively to me
    I want to drink some

Get the guns, bulletproof vests and rations
    We gon’ take ova Starbucks y’all

But Starbucks isn’t worth it
    I want the whole world at my feet
    Gimme my mochaccino

The pretty barrista winks
    I will smile and wink back

Her body winds
    With the mechanics of a zephyr
    White chill on the glass

I walk outside, coffee in hand
    Steam from the coffee mingles with the clouds

I take a deep breath
    The smell of fresh grass and soot
    Immortality

A moments quiet ceases.

A shaft of sunlight
    Diffuses through the treetops
    Scattering brilliance

Snowflakes are lazy on branches
    Snowmen walking into the ground

Snowmen have no feet
    When I try to add feet to snowmen
    They collapse into their parts

I pick up the dirty carrot
    Brush it off and take a bite

Add an extra branch
    And I have made a mutant
    With three spindly arms

Someone takes the bottle nose I gave it
    Moves it to the crotch. What unnatural limbs

Bestiality
    Unnatural attraction of beaks and lips
    Dogs bark, cats meow

If you do it with a goat
    Your kids will have horns

What is more brilliant?
    Goat boy is here to please you
    A ‘maa’ reverberates

Mountain Billy goat prances proudly
    Lead me up to the mountaintop.

Boulder’s are trolls
    Sleeping in midnight caverns
    Till the sun rises

That when a lesson came unto me once again. Like the snowman I must not be afraid to be molded by others. If my woman wants to change me, I should let her. She had my best interests at heart. So off I went.

Returning home alone
    Is difficult as pushing the sun
    Below the horizon

She slapped me when I returned home. She slapped me with the force of the Northeaster Wind God, Northeaster, or who I affectionately call Bob. She made me throw out all the teabags and do a hundred pushups. I asked what the pushups were for; she giggled and said there was no reason. I was not angry, for if I were angry with her now she would leave me. She was my weakness. The bedroom was a marble amphitheater, with wooden floors touching destiny. They glazed with the neon blue of two people in understanding.

“Maya, because of you I have traveled the Wide Road of Why Not To Teabag… Thank you, my love”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    0-3

Banned
    Battle Record
    18-28

Re: “The Wide Road to Why Not To Teabag”

wow....it was a really spacy type piece...real trippy.
    but in the end somehow I winded up understanding it....thanx for his read.
    in the end it wasn't about not teabagging it was about whatever you give up for a woman,,,to keep her.
    or any lusts you give up for a real love or passion....very dope
    this poem made me think and I thank you for that again

You are a very strong yet very unique and beatly writer
    love your style and peace

Battle Record
    14-18
    Awards OM HOF PC HOF

well yeah this was all over the place had to read it twice, but yeah as i perceived it, this was a pretty dope piece. All about the lengths you'd go to remain commuted in a relationship, and i was digging it the whole way through. i don't think I've read anything quite like this on RB, so you do receive points for creativity, but i think that you could have organized it better.

AI

Battle Record
    35-10
    Awards 25+ Wins

Yea I thought you could have organized this better like the paragraph parts seemed more like a story form, you know. anyway the imagery and creativity was an up because I've never seen this style before. but you still kept a decent read, though it was really long and somewhat boring because of the structure, i couldn't really tell if there was much emotion. but overall this was a not bad piece. good drop man.