User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Lol.... I don't like sampling anymore!

Battle Record
    5-3

Lol.... I don't like sampling anymore!

wtf...
    it used to be my bread and butter... but it bores the shit out of me now.
    even the dopest samples, i get bored as hell to the point i almost fall asleep when i'm cutting them.

i just want to buy a motif xs and fantom g series... and some dope vsts, and make music all day...
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-2

Re: Lol.... I don't like sampling anymore!

You dont make music all day already?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

I told you this like a year ago... lol *focuses solely on being a rapper* not even an emcee a rapper... I'm about to make snap music.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by paze View Post
    You dont make music all day already?
    nah, i got a job and a social life too

Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    nah, i got a job and a social life too

Same lol... I suppose
    I probably spend most of my time on musical shit though
    Monday & tuesday is purely music days for me... all my homies workin or at skool or whatever. Wed I normally go to college then chill. Thursdays is college durin the day... music at night. Friday is music durin the mornin, studio for a few hours in the afternoon then I go out if somethins goin on... if somethin aint goin on I go out and make somethin go on lol. And I only spend a lil bit of time on music durin the weekends if I got time... Im only in my house for a few hours usually.
    Damn I just explained my life lmao

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

shit meng...im tryin to make a career out of this...i been spendin everyday workin, then comin home and fallin asleep at my computer....usually weekends are the best time to get shit down, ill spend the whole day in my basement, after i make like 5 beats i force myself to wrap it up, so i can take a break and party hardly...ill sleep when im dead bitches!

back to the topic, i wish i had the net at home, that would help wit samplin...i been downloading apps (free apps of course!!) at work (im gonna get fired for bringin viruses in...i know it) and then takin em home to use...ive stepped away from samplin, tryin to get my composition game down i guess...im pretty much in the same boat as you kain, choppin j holidays the shit out of me
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

Battle Record
    3-2

Get the internet for a month and ghet a rapidshare account for a month. Should cost $15 in total or less. Download EVERYTHING you want. Also get a 360GB external for about $160 or higher GB for more... keep it 7.8krpm or more though
    But for real download everything youve ever wanted to use or try... dont try it until the 30days is over. That should be all the software & sounds youll need for a very long time

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

I have the net at home, i jsut have to wire it to my basement, thats the problem...

i been downloading everything i can think of...scratch that...everything i see that is somewhat intriguing...i just upped my rapidshare subscription to 6 months...next step...im gettin a comp

SHOUT OUT TO OPEY!
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

I dunno what to do! Making beats is to fucking complex with the laws and shit. I know it's old, but i just read timbaland got sued for Put You On The Game beat because of indian samples or whatever..... Ehh, I got a scott storch kit, and used 1 instrument from the kit on my last 2 instrumentals.... Ehh... My last instrumental, pianos are sampled from Frank Sinatra. Ugh... I dunno if I'm allowed to sell any of my beats because of the scott storch instruments or because of the frank sinatra samples.... FUCK, someone help me!

Battle Record
    3-2

yea, I've been trying to not use samples lately. But those beats aren't for sale. It's not stealing if I'm not selling them. And if I sell a sampled beat I write it into the contract that the client is aware of the sampled material and is responsible for clearances. I make that a section to be initialed. And I don't sample at all anymore. I use sound alike sampling.
    I think Opey answered this for you in your other thread...

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

Ok so.... if I sample I'm good. But if I use vst or other stuff like absynth 4... it's illegal? And whats sound alike sampling?

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by Palamoon View Post
    I dunno what to do! Making beats is to fucking complex with the laws and shit. I know it's old, but i just read timbaland got sued for Put You On The Game beat because of indian samples or whatever..... Ehh, I got a scott storch kit, and used 1 instrument from the kit on my last 2 instrumentals.... Ehh... My last instrumental, pianos are sampled from Frank Sinatra. Ugh... I dunno if I'm allowed to sell any of my beats because of the scott storch instruments or because of the frank sinatra samples.... FUCK, someone help me!
    your not gonna get sued.
    your a nobody.
    Timbaland is Timbaland the hottest and most well known producers worldwide right now. A damn near household name.

go sell your fuckin tracks man.
    if you ever get to the point were you have to worry about clearances, you'll know. Cuz someone will tell you.

and as far as your "scott storch" kits...
    those are fake ass kits.

people label them that way so people who are new to making music... like yourself... will flock to them and buy them on Ebay, cuz they want "that sound"....
    most of those kits are garbage as hell anyway compared to the stuff real sound designers create.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    5-3

i dont like sampling mainly cuz its boring as fuck.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-2

Kris... maybe you just ain't branched out into other genres enough??? maybe it would be fun again if you were more experimental??? I don't know what kinda shit you're into, but it's just a thought...

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    your not gonna get sued.
    your a nobody.
    Timbaland is Timbaland the hottest and most well known producers worldwide right now. A damn near household name.

go sell your fuckin tracks man.
    if you ever get to the point were you have to worry about clearances, you'll know. Cuz someone will tell you.

and as far as your "scott storch" kits...
    those are fake ass kits.

people label them that way so people who are new to making music... like yourself... will flock to them and buy them on Ebay, cuz they want "that sound"....
    most of those kits are garbage as hell anyway compared to the stuff real sound designers create.
    Thankyou my man! You cleared a lot of shit up for me.