I..
    am..
    darkness?

The beating was my heart,
    and I've died in my sleep...
    in the dark.
    Last edited by Pacino; January 17th, 2008 at 09:40 PM

Pacino

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    5-2

Pacino

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    15-7

Re: D.A.R.K. [Fractured & Jonathon]

up.
    Artificial.Intelligence

deep. i liked the progression of this piece. great describing words. i enjoyed reading this =]

Battle Record
    15-7

up.
    Artificial.Intelligence

good piece, dudes.. real intense.. both of you played your parts well.. everything seemed on track from the both of you.. describing every little thing happening.. shows both of you have alot of talent writing... sounded like something coming out of a dean koontz book.. no doubt.. anyhow.. overall.. wonderful jobs, dudes.. keep writin'.. maybe get another collab goin' on together sometime.. I really enjoyed this.. interesting.. and im into this kinda stuff... dark poetry.. thanks for the read.. one..
    [YOUTUBE]gbEwHJX95QE[/YOUTUBE]

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

I liked it to be honest... at first, the whole "darkness" thing came off as a played old thing and this was going to be "just another piece" but hey, thank you for proving me wrong! there was no dissapointment here, and I was surprised at how well both of you go together... your styles just flow together like you're the same person writing here. yeah, come to think of it, you guys do just as good together as Heychoo and Jonathon did together... it's a real good combo here... I'd suggest doing more work together and getting your juices out. great read... liked it. nom'd.

Battle Record
    15-7

thanks.. uppin
    Artificial.Intelligence

Battle Record
    5-2

Thanks a lot man.

Jonathon, get two more links if you're going to keep upping this bro. Don't want a HoF nominated piece getting closed.

Pacino

Battle Record
    5-2
    Last edited by Pacino; January 20th, 2008 at 02:29 PM

Pacino

better than legendary Neruda II's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-2

Ah, I was expecting more.

Let's see, bell, you need to work on where to put your breaks. You have to learn what you need to emphasize, this isn't a topical so you don't have to worry about making it look pretty, as long as the breaks are in the right place then you'll have a much better connection with the reader because it will emphasize the right words and will get your point across much more clearly. I actually abandoned your structure a couple of lines in and read it straight through without stopping at your breaks, it read much smoother and sort of like a short story. I felt that your lines were "poetic" but I didn't feel that what you wrote was poetry. I see you trying to elevate though, so I'm glad to see that. I love the line about explosion through cities, that's actually really dope. A great use of simile. Remember your literary devices. Metaphor, simile, imagery, onomatopoeia, atmosphere, tone, diction, and all that good stuff. Work on each of these to really make your poetry complete. I think that right now you're at a level where you still have to get the basics down and only THEN will you be able to convey yourself truly like a poet. I did it, I practiced my imagery for a while, a couple of years back I was just known for painting vivid pictures. Then metaphors and similes, I really started to understand what made a simile come alive. Then I worked on my tone, I developed my own voice in my writing, even trying to master onomatopoeia at the same time. Take it step by step, progress is a slow process my friend.

Jon, I don't think you really put much effort into this. I don't know if I'm guessing right because I haven't read enough of your work to know the full extent of your talent but this hardly seemed like something that would get you to where you are now. I wont bother putting much input into this but your part of it was decent. Imagery was good.
    murder murder

Battle Record
    5-2

Thanks a shit load man. I'll take that all into thought and work on all of it. Thankyou so much for the feedback.

Pacino

Battle Record
    15-7

Quote Originally Posted by Ex.Machina. View Post
    Ah, I was expecting more.

Let's see, bell, you need to work on where to put your breaks. You have to learn what you need to emphasize, this isn't a topical so you don't have to worry about making it look pretty, as long as the breaks are in the right place then you'll have a much better connection with the reader because it will emphasize the right words and will get your point across much more clearly. I actually abandoned your structure a couple of lines in and read it straight through without stopping at your breaks, it read much smoother and sort of like a short story. I felt that your lines were "poetic" but I didn't feel that what you wrote was poetry. I see you trying to elevate though, so I'm glad to see that. I love the line about explosion through cities, that's actually really dope. A great use of simile. Remember your literary devices. Metaphor, simile, imagery, onomatopoeia, atmosphere, tone, diction, and all that good stuff. Work on each of these to really make your poetry complete. I think that right now you're at a level where you still have to get the basics down and only THEN will you be able to convey yourself truly like a poet. I did it, I practiced my imagery for a while, a couple of years back I was just known for painting vivid pictures. Then metaphors and similes, I really started to understand what made a simile come alive. Then I worked on my tone, I developed my own voice in my writing, even trying to master onomatopoeia at the same time. Take it step by step, progress is a slow process my friend.

Jon, I don't think you really put much effort into this. I don't know if I'm guessing right because I haven't read enough of your work to know the full extent of your talent but this hardly seemed like something that would get you to where you are now. I wont bother putting much input into this but your part of it was decent. Imagery was good.
    good job on spotting that..

i just freestlyed it in like 5 minutes so he'd quit pming me.
    Artificial.Intelligence

Battle Record
    5-2

Douche.

Pacino

Banned
    Battle Record
    12-2

good collab........but in this piece I don't see anyhting that really stood out.
    I thought that in this piece y'all would play around more with the D.A.R.K...thing as an acronym....and like both of y'all coulda came up with diff meanings for it....

the rhymes seemed to be too much in auto-pilot for my liking....
    ledgens is alot better than he dropped in this piece.
    And frac is alot better than this also....this didn't show off either of you guys full potential.
    I think you both just liked the title so you hopped on it.
    pz