User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Studio Setup Help...

Studio Setup Help...

Whats good everyone i got a question for u guyz i wanna produce and make beats what should i get next current setup...

Two yamaha hs 80m studio monitors
    Mackie big knob
    korg pad kontrol
    and a not so great lexicon lambda interface
    and i got a decent comp any suggests

budget 1800... plz any good advice would be well appreciated get at me

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: Studio Setup Help...

Are you trying to compose or record? or both?

Oppppey haha whas good mayne long time no speak feel me i wanna get down wit both fam

well dang dont everyone reply at once get more help from guitar center lol

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

I'd start with just getting a decent mic and acoustically treating a recording area and a mixing area. shop around on ebay for an AKG mic under $400. You should be able to find a decent used mic in that price range. After that you should look for a preamp like a Focusrite Voicemaster or Grace 101.

Battle Record
    0-1

decent mic(200-300 should place you with good quality now-a-days). m-box will be handy when recording and composing. m-audio speakers are cheap and work good. then its loading up on soundbanks, and having a good midi controller. if your down to sample, pick up a used turntable(replace needle) and start digging. thats just a quick example.
    Is It Me Productions

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Chemist View Post
    decent mic(200-300 should place you with good quality now-a-days). m-box will be handy when recording and composing. m-audio speakers are cheap and work good. then its loading up on soundbanks, and having a good midi controller. if your down to sample, pick up a used turntable(replace needle) and start digging. thats just a quick example.
    he already has yamaha 80ms's... and you suggest m audio... he has a lexicon lamada... and you suggest an mbox... why does he need a turntable... he doesn't need that to sample...

I'm not trying to make you look like an idiot or anything just wondering why you suggested what you suggested...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

cus he's an idiot?

Battle Record
    0-1

ahh thanks, i fucked up and started splattering words without reading the thread carefully.

i said pick up a turntable because its always useful to have one. How much could an old belt-driven go for now anyways?
    Is It Me Productions

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Verbal Chemist View Post
    ahh thanks, i fucked up and started splattering words without reading the thread carefully.

i said pick up a turntable because its always useful to have one. How much could an old belt-driven go for now anyways?
    anywhere between 50 - 500... depending on what condition it's in when you find it... or you can just get a 100 usb turntable... but... unless you're ordering records... since now a days they're pretty regional it's not a good look.

Besides... 99% of what you'd sample off a record I could find digitally and make it sound somewhat similar... with less sample time.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    3-2

Belt drives are very cheap... even if its a good 1 its still a belt drive. And theyre getting cheaper because more direct drives are coming out at lower prices

was good everyone i appreciate the feedback just got some more money in iam at 2500 so aight opey ill hit up the akg and a grace 101 or the otha one u recommended anything else i should pick up anyone

Battle Record
    3-2

What programs you use btw? Id say build up on your processor power, DSP cards, external hars drives & producer sounds. Im getting all that shit atm since I bought a mic & interface. After this Ima give my homie back his monitors and get my own lol

Whats good right now i aint really rockin anything but fruity loops and i got a gang of sounds iam not really sure how to get started in the beat making game but i be messing round with fruity loops anybody got any good recommendations on beat makin software

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

external hard drives do nothing performance wise. And if it's not an eSATA drive its slowing shit down.