User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 78

Thread: RB's Annual AUDIO BAR VS TEXT BAR thread

RB's Annual AUDIO BAR VS TEXT BAR thread

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...7&postcount=24

Quote Originally Posted by Derive
    Didn't I rip you in some shit not too long ago? Shut your mouth, yo. You shouldn't even be on this site right now. 2 lines = 1 bar in text. That's how its always been. This ain't even your scene, so step the fuck out.

EDIT: And you want to question my audio battling, then set some shit up and we'll see.

so

Derive thinks that

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX monkey nut
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX funky gut

the bolded is one line

lollerguarana

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'Omar don't scare'

I Am...McLovin
    Battle Record
    1-6

Re: RB's Annual AUDIO BAR VS TEXT BAR thread

In text, 2 lines=1Bar. It tis different for Audio though, so has RB heads believe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

None
    Battle Record
    18-0

text heads have always referred to a bar as two lines... right or wrong.

then why go into an audio section of the site and preach about your text jargon?

OH WAIT I KNOW CUS DERIVE IS A DUMBASS!

'Omar don't scare'

btw you's reading into the word line too literally in text fellas.

'Omar don't scare'

Battle Record
    4-0

lol....he hates me for that.
    2007-2008 RB Battler of the year
    4x ABL HW Champ

Battle Record
    1-0

Text is harder than Audio. I mean, imagine 'reading' Crank That Soulja Boy.
    Hence Forward

now that we're on the subject, i'd love to see souljah boys rhymebook

but just knowing how he got big with that track, his rhymebook is probably a .doc file

'Omar don't scare'

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

a bar is a musical term. It means one complete musical phrase. in rap music this typically means 4 beats because songs are written in a 4 beat meter.

when emcees write lyrics they typically write one line to equal 4 beats. this isn't always true tho. But when an emcee writes one bar on paper, regardless of how many lines it takes up, the lyrics are meant to be said over 4 beats.

anything venturing out of this logic is retarded. I don't care whether you're writing lyrics or singing songs. If text battlers call 2 lines one bar then they are uneducated and ignorant. point blank. then again, we all know how retarded text battlers are seeing as how one of their lines are even too long to say in one bar. so what's it hurt that they call their 11 beats worth of nonsense 1 bar? it all fits in perfectly with their shitty set ups and weak punchlines anyway.

lmao it's like the definition of a line changes when it crosses the texican border

'Omar don't scare'

Battle Record
    1-0

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    a bar is a musical term. It means one complete musical phrase. in rap music this typically means 4 beats because songs are written in a 4 beat meter.

when emcees write lyrics they typically write one line to equal 4 beats. this isn't always true tho. But when an emcee writes one bar on paper, regardless of how many lines it takes up, the lyrics are meant to be said over 4 beats.

anything venturing out of this logic is retarded. I don't care whether you're writing lyrics or singing songs. If text battlers call 2 lines one bar then they are uneducated and ignorant. point blank. then again, we all know how retarded text battlers are seeing as how one of their lines are even too long to say in one bar. so what's it hurt that they call their 11 beats worth of nonsense 1 bar? it all fits in perfectly with their shitty set ups and weak punchlines anyway.
    Says a nigga who aint riding on 35's. Goes to show you your lyrics aint fire.
    Hence Forward

None
    Battle Record
    18-0

Not necessarily, Opey. I've heard your argument 10000000 times on this site already. I realize that it is true and don't consider myself ignorant on the subject or in general. I will still call two lines a bar if I'm talking to a text battler. Not to do so is basically the same as wasting more of your life to clear up the impending confusion. I'll gladly use a term thats technically wrong if it gets the point across rather than explain myself afterwards.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

that's your choice. but you're just saying that when talking to retards you try to speak their language. that's understandable.

In my mansion, no locks on the door. You can come right in my guns make me feel secure.
    Battle Record
    0-1

does it count all the same if you rhyme off-beat?

MF doom must have like odd number lines on most of his tracks

'Omar don't scare'