Last edited by WareProductions; January 4th, 2008 at 08:45 AM
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

Battle Record
    1-2

Re: 6 New Beats - 2 Free Beats

I listened to the first beat

the bass sounds pretty offkey dude and I don't like the sounds you used for it, I like some of the samples you chopped, but the way you put em together seems a bit more random than well put together

keep workin
    HOTTEST BEATS EVER AT LINKS BELOW!
    soundclick.com/dtproductions
    myspace.com/dennistproductions

NEWEST BEAT ON SOUNDCLICK: "HUSTLERS ANTHEM"
    [SOUNDCLICK]6686112[/SOUNDCLICK]

Battle Record
    5-3

weird intro on thick... a power drill? but im a fan of weird when it works, and when its done nice...

i dunno whats goin on with some of your sequencing though... and the clap needs to be put down the middle for this... and the kick needs to be tuned, its a tad off key...

and one of your synths on the breakdown is really out of tune. The drilling on the hook gets annoying. Man this clap reallly needs to get centered.

on to next....

stadium status...
    ok, weird guitar riff... the bass in this one is not off key, but i think the 808 could really use a layered kick on top of it to get it sounding more grimey. That pad that you use is playing a melody that is clashing with the main melody... it's making it sound too cluttered. This one isnt bad, you just need to reorganize some of your sequences.

on to next....
    bungle.

ok, i like this one of the bat... but the clap needs to come down the middle, this one is simple and too the point... the kick needs a 808 under it to get it really bumpin hard. This is my favorite so far...
    this one is pretty decent man...

next...
    laxed...

another one that seems simple... this one is pretty nice, i like what you tried to do with the bass on this.. give it a live feel. the kick needs juice though, and that snare needs to be dry, so the mix will stick... you gotta stop panning your drums so hard man.. the kick and snare are usually right down the middle for hip hop stuff... either that, or there panned out cuz its creating a widening effect.... but usually when thats done there are 3 snares stacked, panning out in a fan....

overall, pretty good man... some suggestions for your overall progress would be to try and get your mixes to "mesh" better... also research on when to use and not to use reverb on tracks. That can make a big difference. Also you need to update some of your sounds... cuz some of your snares and kicks sound like they came from a stock kit of sounds that comes with a program... its cool to use those, but they need to be tweaked to be really useable.

peace man, keep workin!
    Welcome to reality.

Thick....is wierd as hell.........wtf is that sound....I'm all for unique, but if it works lol.

iiight that sound is gettin annoying,

The sounds you're using doesn't even go together.....it's all random....

so is the composition........

Stadium.....I see....you got a wierd taste.....or just have bad choice of sounds....you need to touch up on your sound choice and sequence.

Bungle, you had a better concept for the melody on this one, but still needs work, wasn't feelin that clap tho

Laxed...really what's going for this is the bass...idk if its cause of this earpiece, but your drums and snares sounds like its all to the left...idk why, should retain in the middle, unless you're creating a roll of some sort, or multiple snares back to back, which is usually the time you can pan it.

Other than that, keep it centered.

neways, stay up

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

no doubt no doubt...its weird man...i get mixed emotions from everybody on these jaunts...i been workin on tryin to master mixing but shit aint easy...i been remixing and mixing old and new shit tryin to get shit to be the way it needs to be

thanks for the feed
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind