User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: DSP Cards...Is it a necessary addition????

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: DSP Cards...Is it a necessary addition????

on the eclipse the dual mono means that you can plug 2 separate inputs into 2 different fx and output them on 2 different outputs. So the left in feeds one effect which outputs only on the left output. same with the right.

Dual Mode can take 2 different inputs into 2 different fx and sum them on the stereo bus.

then you have parallel and serial modes which take one input into multiple processors. the parallel mode adds the dry signal into each individual processor then sums them together on the stereo bus. Serial daisy chains the fx.

I think most of the time you would want to be in serial mode unless you were trying to do some special processing.

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

opey, i group when i can, use sends instead of inserts when i can...its slow as shit running an instro thru cubase...theres a long ass delay...even if i wanted to load the basic synths that come wit cubase, theres still a long delay, no way i could play in real time
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    on the eclipse the dual mono means that you can plug 2 separate inputs into 2 different fx and output them on 2 different outputs. So the left in feeds one effect which outputs only on the left output. same with the right.

Dual Mode can take 2 different inputs into 2 different fx and sum them on the stereo bus.

then you have parallel and serial modes which take one input into multiple processors. the parallel mode adds the dry signal into each individual processor then sums them together on the stereo bus. Serial daisy chains the fx.

I think most of the time you would want to be in serial mode unless you were trying to do some special processing.
    both of my inputs channel 1 and 2 were turning the mono signal into a dual mono signal on the 02r, like i would pan hard left on my sidecar mixer, and it would register that I'm only playing the left channel on the entire rack... but in the console it shows 2 channel mono signal. The eclipse is the last piece of gear before it hits the console. Its the same way when I'm playing both channels. It just sounds a bit fatter cuz its two channels being summed into one 2 channel mono signal when its being outputted.

Its some setting on the eclipse i cant find to make the analog outputs work correct. I even went ADAT optical out, and it did the same thing.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by WareProductions View Post
    opey, i group when i can, use sends instead of inserts when i can...its slow as shit running an instro thru cubase...theres a long ass delay...even if i wanted to load the basic synths that come wit cubase, theres still a long delay, no way i could play in real time
    check what driver your using.
    you want to use your best ASIO driver.
    Welcome to reality.

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

I have a problem wit mono channels...i can never mix/listen wit headphones...ill plug stereo headphones into my 1/2 output on my delta interface and it only comes out one ear...i tried buying a y splitter, but that dont work either...

DRIVERS
    i would assume my best is my M-Audio ASIO...ima check that...but im pretty sure i had it selected already
    PR

Up Against the Wind

Battle Record
    5-3

are you recording in mono?

and are you panning your outputs on your 1/2 channel to the left and the right when using your Y splitter?
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    check what driver your using.
    you want to use your best ASIO driver.
    Or download the best for free

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

vocals ill record mono...but i got stereo files in a project and it only comes out one ear...its not the headphones, they work properly...i dont really use cubase nemore cuz of the fact that it slows my computer down alot when i load plugs...and rewiring wit reason sucks ass ... the delay is horrible

on my interface...i got the 1+2 channels stereo linked...i dont hard pan anything really...unless im tryin to go strictly left or right...

paze...drop the name...ill find it
    PR

Up Against the Wind

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    both of my inputs channel 1 and 2 were turning the mono signal into a dual mono signal on the 02r, like i would pan hard left on my sidecar mixer, and it would register that I'm only playing the left channel on the entire rack... but in the console it shows 2 channel mono signal. The eclipse is the last piece of gear before it hits the console. Its the same way when I'm playing both channels. It just sounds a bit fatter cuz its two channels being summed into one 2 channel mono signal when its being outputted.

Its some setting on the eclipse i cant find to make the analog outputs work correct. I even went ADAT optical out, and it did the same thing.
    I'm guessing that this is tru no matter what mode you're in? the mode is supposed to determine the inputs and outputs. There's no other setting that I'm aware of. Have you tried bypassing your entire setup and going:

instrument ---> Eclipse ==> Monitors

This will isolate the problem so you can be 100% sure it's the eclipse (obviously). Also, while testing use an effect that is definitely stereo like a stereo multitap delay or something. Test each mode and see if there's a difference. If not then I have no idea what could be wrong. Anytime I've had this kind of trouble it's been either a bad cable or I/O on the console. It seems like you've already eliminated those possibilities tho.

BTW... why do you use another mixer when you have 2 02r's? I don't get how your gear is setup. Sounds unconventional.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by WareProductions View Post
    vocals ill record mono...but i got stereo files in a project and it only comes out one ear...its not the headphones, they work properly...i dont really use cubase nemore cuz of the fact that it slows my computer down alot when i load plugs...and rewiring wit reason sucks ass ... the delay is horrible

on my interface...i got the 1+2 channels stereo linked...i dont hard pan anything really...unless im tryin to go strictly left or right...

paze...drop the name...ill find it
    asioall.com
    I think all of them are free...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

you HAVE to hard pan your left and right stereo channels or else everything will be in the center of the mix. stereo linking just syncs the faders together.

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    BTW... why do you use another mixer when you have 2 02r's? I don't get how your gear is setup. Sounds unconventional.
    it is unconventional, i didnt set it up initially... I was heading up the "full studio project" and the 2 consoles were purchased without getting a final consent from me. i wanted to get one and a interface... but at the time we made the purchase, my people were focused on "looking" the part of a big studio, instead of thinking conventionally. They had already negotiated prices, and purchased the consoles before i even knew.

so the situation is... "we got it now... might as well use it"... lol.

so basically my right console is just used for freakin playback control... and talkback. It works for now, cuz the interface were using is SHIT... the headphone gain is linked to the master gain on the card, and the interface software has no true monitor control.

that's why I've been trying to sell at least ONE of the consoles. To use that money to upgrade the interface.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    5-3

and i use the sidecar mixer for the sound... period... i like the sound of it, it's a old analog mixer... really high headroom on it.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

oh i gotcha. is all your shit hooked up to patchbays?