User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 77

Thread: i'm selling my Shure KSM44 Studio condenser mic...

Battle Record
    3-1

i'm selling my Shure KSM44 Studio condenser mic...

i wana upgrade to a diff mic for my stu

mic's in impeccable condition, anybody interested, i can take pics of it when im at home

not a scratch on the mic, just bought it a couple months ago

Best offer takes the mic

Retail Price - $800
    The gOD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Re: i'm selling my Shure KSM44 Studio condenser mi

fih hunet

don't trust Nimrod, i bought a mixtape from him, supposedly a dope mixtape from The Foundation, he sent me a coaster with a picture of a group of black guys on one side and the names of their favorite quotes on the other side! it opens up and you get a free circular cheese slicer!!!!

'Omar don't scare'

Battle Record
    3-1

is that a serious bid?

if so, thats where we at, $500
    The gOD

Battle Record
    5-3

you dont like the ksm44?
    what do you plan on upgrading too?
    and what mic preamp are you using? and also what soundcard?
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post
    you dont like the ksm44?
    what do you plan on upgrading too?
    and what mic preamp are you using? and also what soundcard?
    upgradin to the neumann tlm 103 becus i want a warmer mic, what u think?

right now, im just using a emu usb soundcard, i dont have another preamp but we lookin into gettin a preamp when i cop this mic

what do u recommend
    The gOD

Battle Record
    5-3

well in all honesty... i think you need to consider upgrading the rest of your signal chain... cuz your not going to be satisfied even WHEN you get the nuemann.

the mic preamp, and the soundcard are equally as important as the microphone man. It's like a chain. Your only going to sound as good as your weakest link. So in essence, you could get a nuemann u87... but your still going to be sounding like that emu usb interface.

That's just how shit is.
    I recommend keeping your mic, and actually upgrading your audio interface to something that will do your mic justice.
    Trust me, it will make THAT much of a difference in your sound if you upgrade to a interface that is around 700-800. You can probably find a digi002r on Ebay for 500... i saw one for that yesterday. That would be a great choice. Its not the top tier of interfaces, but it will let that ksm sound alot better. Also look for a Mackie Onyx interface, or a Presonus Firestudio interface.

cuz what you dont realize is.... the ksm IS a warm mic. The tlm103 is more bright, and sterile, hence it being a "transformerless microphone" hence the acronym "TLM", (but that's neither here nor there, because it all depends on what mic sounds better on your voice. "Warm" isnt universally "good"... because there can be warm mics that sound like shit on your voice.)

the 200 dollar jump is not gonna make much of a difference if your running through a 200 dollar usb interface, by Emu. lol.

then when you get some more money, invest in a nice mic preamp. Like a Grace 101, or a True P SOLO, or if you want a channel strip, a Presonus Eureka, or Focusrite Voicemaster. A preamp can have as much impact on your sound as a interface, or microphone. The pars of the chain are equally important, from the booth, to the mic to the studio monitors, to the room you mix in. All of it matters. Thats why so much is invested in commercial studios.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    136-1
    Awards No Show LLL Season Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins

word..I've had a Neumann for a little over a month now and thought it would help

home
    Battle Record
    61-19

and acoustic treatment of the room. don't forget that. on Sound on Sound magazine these london rapper dudes messed with a usb tascam preamp and an SE2200A mic, normal shit, but they had an expensive set of monitors some KRK speakers. The editors came to their place to discuss how to improve their set up. And basically all they did was give em a SE Reflexion Filter, and treated their recording room to make the accoustics right by putting proper padding on the corners of the wall. and also treated their monitor set up. and that was it.

(new track daily)

Battle Record
    9-10

hmmm dead on with the price too...

lowest retail price = 800$

a local shop will sell it even more expensive.
    READ MORE

Battle Record
    3-1

oh yeh i forgot to mention i WAS definitely upgradin @ syn, thats without a question

but right now what we have n sight is the Mac computer, and a mbox

i dont wana fuck wit the mbox but my crew basically set on it cus we got one they sellin around here for $150

i also been recommended the voicemaster preamp b4, so thats what i got my sites on as well

so other than the mic, ima be workin with

mac
    mbox
    voice master

with that, do u think i should still upgrad to the tlm 103? or keep the shure?
    The gOD

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    oh yeh i forgot to mention i WAS definitely upgradin @ syn, thats without a question

but right now what we have n sight is the Mac computer, and a mbox

i dont wana fuck wit the mbox but my crew basically set on it cus we got one they sellin around here for $150

i also been recommended the voicemaster preamp b4, so thats what i got my sites on as well

so other than the mic, ima be workin with

mac
    mbox
    voice master

with that, do u think i should still upgrad to the tlm 103? or keep the shure?

ok, your mind is set on upgrading... when you honestly dont have too. I mean, seriously your putting too much money toward the wrong things if your looking for a quality boost. A Mbox?... really? Mbox's are wack in general quality-wise. I at least hope it's not a original Mbox.
    and also, why mac? why not a new PC? There is literally no difference besides the OS... and that's not gonna make it easier for you to make music, cuz you'll still be using the same DAW on either system.

The 200 dollar difference in the KSM44, and the TLM103 is going to be how the mic sounds... not the vocal quality. If you get what i mean.

in all honesty it sounds like your boys are getting caught up in "pro tools fever"... I'm not trying to be a prick, or be funny, but I've seen it so many times. How the stigma in a local market is "you aint shit if you dont got the pro tools"... Don't believe the hype! I seen too many people get caught up in that. Do yall want a new setup so you can say "we got a mac and pro tools"... or do you want one that sounds great, and doesnt just look slick? The money you spend on a Mac... half of that can go toward a new PC, and the other half can be used in conjunction with the money for the mbox, and you can get a nice interface with some good sounding preamps built in.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-2

i'll give u 7 scratch-offs for that mic, Nim.
    WordPerfect

Battle Record
    3-1

well we're gettin a mac and thembox for dirt cheap

i was voting we get a booosted up pc, but i got out voted

a dude is selling a mac for under $400, and an mbox for $150

we definitely will be upgrading from the mbox in the future cus i know that aint where its at, but thats what we're set on for right Now

so with that in mind, how does that preamp sound? the voice master?

and what else do u recommend

i mean yeh it is the protools hype, but we'r also gona be selling studio time, and we might not accomplish the greatest quality, but this is thehood where n1ggas dnt know shit, i was gettin calls to sell time when i was recording in my room
    The gOD

Battle Record
    5-3

i recommend some good cabling, that can get expensive though. Just dont go buy audio cable from walmart or a consumer store.

the voicemaster is cool as a channel strip. It'll get the job done for what your aiming for.

another thing, yall are going to have problems getting software instruments, and plugins for that mac man. Mac software isnt as highly pirated as PC software (but there are spots). Take that into account as well if yall are broke.
    Welcome to reality.