User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 77

Thread: i'm selling my Shure KSM44 Studio condenser mic...

Battle Record
    3-1

Re: i'm selling my Shure KSM44 Studio condenser mi

thats EXACTLY what i told them @ syn, about the pirated software, verbatim i said tht

but the dude who owns the mac says he has them, and another dude in our camp, a dj says he knows, whatever, we'll see

also, i dont know what that channel strip means, can u recommend another preamp better around the# $500 price point
    The gOD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

I have the ill site for mac joints... there's actually quite a few that work on mac... that are just hard to find... but again... I have the connect.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    3-1

dpe ima holla at u if needed then
    The gOD

Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
    thats EXACTLY what i told them @ syn, about the pirated software, verbatim i said tht

but the dude who owns the mac says he has them, and another dude in our camp, a dj says he knows, whatever, we'll see

also, i dont know what that channel strip means, can u recommend another preamp better around the# $500 price point
    channel strip... preamp + compressor, eq... something like that... it does more than one job... the ones he mentioned are you best bets... check on americanmusicalsupply.com if you want to do payments... etc...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    3-1

dope, so if i cop that studiomaster shit i wouldnt need to cop a condenser, sick
    The gOD

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

what mac is it? you could be buying a slow computer. The MBOX version matters too. You don't want to set yourself up for failure. And you could be doing that without knowing it.

Awards 25+ Wins

dope, so if i cop that studiomaster shit i wouldnt need to cop a condenser, sick
    you need a condenser mic... keep the one you have... add a pre you'll be super excited.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

Coming Soon

Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Hosea View Post
    I'm trying to sell my Rode nt1000 too, if anyone is interested. shits like new, i only used it for a year maybe less, before i got my K2, and you guys know how little i record, in that year it prolly got used like 6 times. the rest it sat in the box

I'll buy it jew offspring.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Heat View Post
    you need a condenser mic... keep the one you have... add a pre you'll be super excited.
    i meant to say COMPRESSOR lol

im slow
    The gOD

Battle Record
    3-1

opey, what should i look for in the mac and the mbox b4 i cop?

gime details so i can know if its good or not when i go check it out
    The gOD

Awards 25+ Wins

i meant to say COMPRESSOR lol

im slow
    ah ha..! I'm like I know for christ's sake he knows a lil more about it than that...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    3-1

im just contemplatin which pre to get

the voice master got a compressor and eq in it,but i heard the grace 101 preamp is a better preamp
    The gOD

Battle Record
    5-3

the grace is a better sounding preamp
    but it all depends on what you feel like your gonna need.

the focusrite isnt a bad sounding preamp, but its just not as clean as the grace is. The focusrite would have more functionality than the grace, because of course its a channel strip... and you dont have a compressor to control your peaks already.... so, you might need to get the focusrite for now, until you can afford to upgrade to a better channel strip
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-1

wow decisions descisions

ok, will i need that compressor tho if i had the plug ins on protools?

if u were in my position, which would u get, being that i aint an expert on protools or nothin

the grace or the voicemaster
    The gOD

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

opey, what should i look for in the mac and the mbox b4 i cop?

gime details so i can know if its good or not when i go check it out
    The old MBOX had a TON of compatibility issues outside of Pro Tools. I had it and sold it. The pres were some nice focusrite class A preamps but the converters sucked. it's only capable of converting up to a 48khz sample rate. It had no midi support either. It was an all around terrible design.

Now they have the MBOX 2 mini which is comparable to the older MBOX. The only performance difference is that Digi started putting their own inferior preamps in their pro-sumer gear instead of the high quality focusrite pres. These new preamps sound terrible.

They also have the regular MBOX 2 which gets you a digital in/out and a MIDI in/out. The benefit of this is that you can use a preamp with digital out to bypass the crappy converters on the MBOX 2 by using the spdif in. built i MIDI support gets rid of latecy that you might find when using the USB midi options on your gear. This is especially true if you have a slower computer.

They make another MBOX 2 called the Pro but I doubt that's the one he has. If it is then just buy it. No questions asked. It has great features except the preamps. But it's not worth the retail price (like all Digidesign gear). But if he has the old MBOX or the mini I wouldn't buy it no matter what. But for $150 there are better options out there (especially in the used market) than even the regular MBOX 2.

As for the Mac... I can almost guarantee by the price that it's going to be a shitty Mac. You could build your own PC for $400 with current speeds and storage necessary to run the current software out now. Plus the Windows XP operating system can be tweaked to make even a slower PC run faster than a technically faster Mac. I don't even need to go into pirating. I have a Mac and a PC. I have probably the most solid pirating source around. I can honestly say that there isn't even enough software cracked for the Mac to be useful for audio production (especially if the Mac is an Intel). But if it is an Intel Mac then you can load Windows on it as well and have all your beloved Windows software and plugins too.

These are the important specs for an audio PC or Mac:

CPU: 2MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB
    Motherboard Chipset: Intel (unless it's a PPC Mac)
    RAM: 1GB, DDR2
    Video Card: 256MB, Not onboard
    HDD: 7200RPM, 8MB Cache

These specs are seriously important to avoid bottlenecks in your system. You could build a PC with these specs for $400 so I definitely wouldn't buy a Mac without these specs.