User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Budden Say's "Mood Muzik'll Sell More than Saigon"

Battle Record
    78-5
    Awards 75+ Wins

Budden Say's "Mood Muzik'll Sell More than Saigon"

For most unsigned artist attention is something you crave, and a buzz is something you work towards, but former Def Jam recording artist Joe Budden is no regular unsigned artist. It is for this reason that despite Budden's recent release from Def Jam, he has been in the headlines more than ever. If he isn’t talking about his break up with Def Jam, he's discussing his beef with underground rapper "Ransom", or what seems to be a budding beef with New York rapper Saigon.

In a recent interview with Hip Hop Game, Budden say's that his new mixtape "Mood Musik will probably sell more than Saigon’s debut album." Looks like Budden might be in the headlines a little longer.

”When it’s time for the album to come out, Saigon will learn the hard way. I’ll probably sell more of Mood Musik than Saigon will sell of his album, and that’s realistically speaking. Don’t get it fucked up. I have all the love and respect in the world for Saigon as an artist, but once you try to discredit me, you should at least try to get the facts straight." Said Joe.

In response to a blog Saigon posted on his myspace page, where he stated that he was going to "Smack the Earth Wind and Fire" out of Budden, because of a BET freestyle that Budden did where Saigon felt targeted, Joe said:

“When I made the line, I wasn’t trying to diss him and it’s unfortunate that he took it that way. And however he wants to handle it from this point on, we can handle it that way." He also said “I don’t really give two shits about this. If he wants to approach me, that’s fine with me. If he wants to talk about this civilly, that’s fine with me also. If he wants to handle this on wax, that’s fine with me also."

Despite some of the remarks Budden did say that he respected Saigon as an artist and did not have a problem with him.

During the interview Buddens also discussed underground rapper Ransoms third diss track titled "The End of Joe Budden" where Ransom vehemently calls Budden gay.

Despite the track Buddens stated that he would not bother coming out with another track responding “I don’t blame him. I blame his engineer and I blame his entourage for that. When you’re trying to discredit somebody and battle somebody, repeating yourself for five minutes at the end of the record doesn’t really get the job done, especially when you’re calling somebody gay. When you’re doing that you sound like Wendy Williams.

That’s like when you’re in elementary school and kids tell mother jokes. Ransom knows that I’m not gay. That’s something so childish that I won’t even dignify that. Ransom knows the caliber of females that I keep around. He used to ask me for advice about how I did it. On the second diss record, I had a girlfriend that everyone was trying to fuck. Then on the third record, I’m a faggot or I’m bisexual. You’re confusing me, Ransom.

Budden went on to say that he holds no grudges against Ransom personally but that he would "never work with him again"

Mood Musik 3 is slated to be released December, 2007
    RB OG Triple OG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    21-10
    Awards OM HOF Gauntlet Champion LLL Champion LLL HOF

Re: Budden Say's "Mood Muzik'll Sell More than Sai

Budden is dope, lol.
    LOL

Battle Record
    2-0

But Saigon will still sell....

Battle Record
    21-10
    Awards OM HOF Gauntlet Champion LLL Champion LLL HOF

Yeah^.
    LOL

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

It will sell more than Saigitty and thats unfortunate. Saigons been doing alot lately to lose his core group of fans. On the other hand, Budden cant be doing enough, his fans are usually satisfied with what he puts out and he has his core group, so I wouldnt be surprised to see Budden moving some units, even though his fanbase is more internet based.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Battle Record
    2-0

Yea it sucks, Saig got fed up with the media and thats the reason he's calling it quits... he doesn't even want to tagged with the label rapper anymore. But thats some hard shit to shake. You saw what happened when Jordan went to try and be a so called baseball player.

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

Quote Originally Posted by El Ruckus View Post
    It will sell more than Saigitty and thats unfortunate. Saigons been doing alot lately to lose his core group of fans. On the other hand, Budden cant be doing enough, his fans are usually satisfied with what he puts out and he has his core group, so I wouldnt be surprised to see Budden moving some units, even though his fanbase is more internet based.
    of he'll sell more, saigon is like borderline bitch/gangsta, it's like dude has a split personality. he'll be too worried about who says his name, on some random website(like rb) to care about his album. i've heard the line dude is talkin about and it definitely wasn't a shot at him, he was just stating facts, dude punched and ran and was proud of it at one point, now everytime someone mentions it dude blows a gasket.
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

and I thought Buddens flipped that punch dope too, I just think Sai was hatin but its whatever, Sai cant fuck himself over anymore than he has.... his album title is becoming a curse if you ask me
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Battle Record
    5-11

Budden>Saigon

but he'll sell more than Budden cause people like wack ass bitchy mainstream hip hop

Battle Record
    2-0

Saigon is mainstream music? When did that happen??