User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 46 to 60 of 84

Thread: Studio Setup

Battle Record
    3-2

Re: Studio Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Heat View Post
    yes they are... they have little to no difference... some better plugs with nuendo... and it does video... other than the fuckin look of it... same program. Don't be cute b... lol
    People look at Cubase and say "Ewww, why is this is frames. Im not doing video."
    And I dont know why I just said that
    ROFL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thumbs down Re: Studio Setup

What are you guys telling him. You starting him off all wrong.
    These digi heads have no clue. Yo - You wanna Lab set up hit me up -
    Or better yet. Get at these cats.

Akai MPC Forums-Index.com

They will be way better use. You can get a SP1200 or an MPC right now.
    F**** All this myraid about Pro Tools, and Digidesign. Give him a good informed answer. Pro Tools is way to advanced for someone whom doesn't even have a mic - or clue about making music. Hardware is the way to go. Fresh Sounds and not automated - Roger Linn is the best man for this topic.
    If you were even gonna get real with any software set up I'd say get Reason 5.1 - Or Just go the hardware route.
    Hit me up if you really wanna know how to start a set up. There are more questions to ask than what you can afford.
    Just post up for a bit -
    Damn I hope he didn't go buy anything. You cats have half a set up talking like you're Pete Rock or something. LEARN YOUR EQUIPMENT.
    Last edited by Robinson; November 5th, 2007 at 05:13 PM
    :realist: Robinson

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

fuck that expensive out dated MPC. you're behind the times son. i live and breathe this. this shit is how i make a living. i keep up with every piece of gear that's worth knowing about. and i HAVE just about every piece of audio software worth having.

You need to learn about your trade a little. wtf @ someone learning on standalone hardware easier than on computer hardware. That's retarded.

Your Wack foo. Stop posting behind me.
    Hardware is the reason behind your Software - It started with the Linn Drum and So on. Your lil' computer can't even scratch the surface of where I am.
    You even look retarded.
    If you don't know what I'm talkin' about try asking - Instead of makin' yourself look stupid again.
    I like people like you, It makes my "expensive" MPC easier to grab. Beacuse while you're trying to emulate the sound - I am the Sound.
    Yo - IP Band this guy - He makes computers look like the devil's spawn.
    You breathe this huh ?
    Well choke on my anolog - Aren't you the same kid that said running hardware with a computer is retarded. ?.
    In fly fact - You really have no clue what you're talking about.
    You're outta your league this time Kid. Play runner up.
    So go back to your 64 bit - Digital.
    I'll remain raw with the 12 bit Non Linear.
    Chubby Cheeks.
    Next Caller !!

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

actually... I started on a sp1200... moved to the mpc... then went on to software... hardware isn't worth it anymore... it's smaller... more expandable possibilities... the best is to combine... which I'm a fan of... ie... motifs... mpd's... korg pads... other sound modules... you don't need a mpc anymore b... it's not needed... and I'm one of those... up to a certain price software is 10x's better than hardware... but AFTER a certain price range you need both... even if I had a full analog board I'd still record it to a daw.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

so far all i hve bought is a korg padcontrol next is a m audio 88 key pro but i still need to read up i need some beat makin 101 type shit cuz i cant figure it out

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

and now an mpc is analog. good job idiot.

MP's are both analog and digital. For your information.
    It has this D/A converter - You do the math.
    The newer Mp's are more Digital - Because of the filters it uses.
    My MP - Has no filters. Thus providing the crunch and Slap needed tp get full range on my percusions. No buffs. I aswell own a MPC 3000Le.
    I use alot of records - That's where the analog is at.
    The MP I have really spices up the low ends and with proper recording tech.
    I can blow up the high ends aswell.
    I like the hardware route. Even though I know software is easy and does the same thing. I'm just a fan of the OLd School Tech. All the albums I love were made from the 60 MK1 or 3000 - Sp 12.
    So the sound I make - Will embody the heart of where I started.
    89 - 95. Hip-Hop.
    I like the hardware aswell - do to the reasons that I can do it manually.
    You see - Your Lab should be set up the way you can easily manuver through your equipment. Whatever way is easier for you to manuver through your equipment - So be it. I just happen to have the patience for hardware.
    The digi ways don't fond me too well.
    I'm part of the true school. SP 12's - DJ's - Lunchtable Beats - B-Boy.
    Sorry if my MPC offends you. But it's my parogotive. My predecessors and I have been asked this question many times.

home
    Battle Record
    61-19

i guess theres only one way to find out which of you guys are right.

Beat battle, Software Junkie Opey vs. MPC Robinson.

set it up.

(new track daily)

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

how is that any way to find out who's right... that's silly. that's like saying... Zed you get all the software and you'd battle me using all hardware... you'd lose... that doesn't make hardware better.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    5-3

retarded... reatarded argument

its NOT ABOUT WTF YOU USE... it's how you use it.
    some producers swear by there mpc60's... some by there software... like Battery... it's all about what you do with it

one setup or the other isn't gonna make you dope... or make you "certified"....

i use hardware and software in conjunction... i owned a mp, and now i use battery... yet i will still use a mp is i want to.

it's somethings i pledge alliegance to hardware for, but others that i prefer software...

example...
    software is the best for sequencing imo. the fastest way to get your thoughts out.

hardware is what i swear by when it comes to sounds... software sounds are too thin imo. I rather have sounds come out the keyboard, or a instrument, go through a stereo preamp, and a little compression (for drums)... and then into the box.

most of the top producers in the game use "what sounds good"... they have access to all the beat machines in the world, and software, yet still use mpc60's, and linn machines. It's all about what your trying to do.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post

some producers swear by there mpc60's... some by there software... like Battery... it's all about what you do with it
    Agreed. You need talent/ideas to compose and produce.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    MP's are both analog and digital. For your information.
    It has this D/A converter - You do the math.
    The newer Mp's are more Digital - Because of the filters it uses.
    My MP - Has no filters. Thus providing the crunch and Slap needed tp get full range on my percusions. No buffs. I aswell own a MPC 3000Le.
    I use alot of records - That's where the analog is at.
    The MP I have really spices up the low ends and with proper recording tech.
    I can blow up the high ends aswell.
    I like the hardware route. Even though I know software is easy and does the same thing. I'm just a fan of the OLd School Tech. All the albums I love were made from the 60 MK1 or 3000 - Sp 12.
    So the sound I make - Will embody the heart of where I started.
    89 - 95. Hip-Hop.
    I like the hardware aswell - do to the reasons that I can do it manually.
    You see - Your Lab should be set up the way you can easily manuver through your equipment. Whatever way is easier for you to manuver through your equipment - So be it. I just happen to have the patience for hardware.
    The digi ways don't fond me too well.
    I'm part of the true school. SP 12's - DJ's - Lunchtable Beats - B-Boy.
    Sorry if my MPC offends you. But it's my parogotive. My predecessors and I have been asked this question many times.
    an mpc is digital. it's a computer. it has the same internal elements as a computer. even in 1989. the difference is that your old mpc uses a low quality 12 bit signal. this is where your old school hiphop sound comes from. I can achieve that by changing my resolution. But what you can't do is layer high resolution samples over your low resolution samples to get old school sound without old school quality.

I know how to use your hardware. I graduated to my hardware. don't be confused. this hardware vs software talk is nonsense. i have more hardware in my "software setup" than you do in your "hardware setup". you came here attempting to flex your knowledge with posts riddled with insults and a condescending attitude. I don't give fuck all what you make music with. you questioned MY setup recommendations. I can make music with anything because I understand the actual principles of sound and recording. My knowledge goes a little deeper than how to push buttons on a machine.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain View Post

one setup or the other isn't gonna make you dope... or make you "certified"....

i use hardware and software in conjunction... i owned a mp, and now i use battery... yet i will still use a mp is i want to.

it's somethings i pledge alliegance to hardware for, but others that i prefer software...

example...
    software is the best for sequencing imo. the fastest way to get your thoughts out.

hardware is what i swear by when it comes to sounds... software sounds are too thin imo. I rather have sounds come out the keyboard, or a instrument, go through a stereo preamp, and a little compression (for drums)... and then into the box.

most of the top producers in the game use "what sounds good"... they have access to all the beat machines in the world, and software, yet still use mpc60's, and linn machines. It's all about what your trying to do.
    word. i agree completely.

but... the instruments on your hardware are just software. it's not windows or mac based but that shit is digital software. Not all vsti's sound thin like sampletank. Vienna Symphonic Library is better than anything on the market... software or hardware.

Nothing truly replaces the real thing tho.

The MP has purpose to convert from analog sound - and digital.
    It is a midi contol based system - It will take in data information in digital format and process it - Same with analog sounds and process them.
    D/A converter - And A/D converter. I'm not arguing what's better to use.
    You make your own set up. I just side with the hardware - It's what I use.
    I'm not ishin' on your set bro. I just know my furlough - The digital wave has made it easy to occupy the sounds of yester. I'm not with the digi way, I am from the yesterdays.
    Besides my version of MP keeps the creativity level high. I'm not working with unlimited sample time, or 99 patterns. I'm working with one pattern at a time. Yeah that's the long way - But that's the way I keep my drive. I can still upload my sounds into your laptop just as easy as you can save them to your desktop program. There's no idiot about it. It's use what you are comfortable with. I'm comfprtable with MP's and records. That's my M.O.
    Chill.