User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 84

Thread: Studio Setup

Studio Setup

Whats good everyone as of right now i have no equipment iam tryna setup to get on the producer/beat making trip as of right now i got 1200 dollars and ill have more another 1200 in like two weeks can someone help me get a good studio goin... good lookin out

Battle Record
    3-2

Re: Studio Setup

You cant have any sort of professional studio with $2400...
    You only want ONE mic and a ONE channel pre-amp/mixing desk? If so Id just recommend a Digidesign sound interface... the one at $400 is decent. ANDDDDD you get Pro Tools with it- very very good for mixing if you know how to use it
    Get whatever mic for whatever youre trying to record. If you buy that sound interface you have $2000 for a mic. Youll get a pretty decent one for this BUT if youre going for a decent studio setup for bands to use I would recommend getting more cash for ATLEAST (you seriously dont wana be using just 2 mics for drums) 2 Overhead mics (most use ribbons) but the kick drum will sound like shit. You can use the same mic for guitar and things like keyboard and you will probably want to be using hipas settings on these mics to fit frequencies of bass in. Bass sounds ight using it through the desk/pre-amp but the best sound is through a real good cabinet(the band will probably have one of these already).
    Im probably talking shit to you here since you probably just want to record vocals haha. Ignore after like line 7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

home
    Battle Record
    61-19

he said he wants a beat-making set up.

FL Studio 7 (cracked lol)
    Spectrasonic Trilogy (Total Bass plug in)
    M-Audio Keystation 88 Pro (midi controller)
    Korg PadKontrol (Drum pad midi controller)
    Edirol Ma-15D (Monitors)

you can start from there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (new track daily)

damn finally someone posted back chea i feel u man so u dont think i can really get a decent studio setup wit just 2400 the pro tools setups to start gettin good stuff is just hella expensive anyone else got any helpful information

thanks peace ill research that setup u recommended good lookin out

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

dude has $2400 to build a beat making setup. Go with this:

M-Audio Firewire 1814
    M-Audio Keystation Pro 88
    Korg padKONTROL
    Dynaudio BM5a Monitors

You also want to max out the RAM in your PC. Start thinking about acoustic treatment for your room so you can achieve an accurate mix. Your next purchase should be a mixing controller with motorized faders like the Mackie Control Universal.

BTW... the mbox family is shitty. it should NEVER be recommended under any circumstances.

good lookin out opey u still building comps to sell.... iam down to drop some money

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by paze View Post
    You cant have any sort of professional studio with $2400...
    You only want ONE mic and a ONE channel pre-amp/mixing desk? If so Id just recommend a Digidesign sound interface... the one at $400 is decent. ANDDDDD you get Pro Tools with it- very very good for mixing if you know how to use it
    Get whatever mic for whatever youre trying to record. If you buy that sound interface you have $2000 for a mic. Youll get a pretty decent one for this BUT if youre going for a decent studio setup for bands to use I would recommend getting more cash for ATLEAST (you seriously dont wana be using just 2 mics for drums) 2 Overhead mics (most use ribbons) but the kick drum will sound like shit. You can use the same mic for guitar and things like keyboard and you will probably want to be using hipas settings on these mics to fit frequencies of bass in. Bass sounds ight using it through the desk/pre-amp but the best sound is through a real good cabinet(the band will probably have one of these already).
    Im probably talking shit to you here since you probably just want to record vocals haha. Ignore after like line 7
    I really fucking want you to stop talking... and BOW at Op daddy... that's what I'd recommend... except I'd swap the Korg with the akai mpd24...

but that's if you want software... if you want hardware... it's pretty simple with 2400...

Akai mpc 2500 and a pair 500 monitors... records/cds... etc etc etc etc...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

thanks brandon and opey iam reading around da forums for awhile tryna find some good setups ill use the one opey recommended and check out someother stuff thanks for the help

also if anyone has a good recommendation on a computer to buy lemme know should i roll g5 or get sumtin else

Awards 25+ Wins

you don't need a g5... get it the silly fuck out of your head...

go buy a comp with a dual core... TRUE dual core processor... and atleast 4 gb's of ram... without windows vista... you want xp...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

Coming Soon

Awards 25+ Wins

you only have 2400 TOTAL..? for all of this..?
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

Coming Soon

nah i got two funds right now 2300 for the hardware and stuff and i got another fund for 3000 for a computer

Awards 25+ Wins

take some of that computer money... and buy more equipment... real talk. 1000 will be enough on the computer side... so if you can use the other 4300 for equipment... we can come up with stupid shit. like adding a motif rack... onto either set up... a mic... and a pre...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

Coming Soon

mos def brandon aight so iam gonna roll wit a 1000 comp that gives me 4300 for equipment so anyone got some new studio ideas and maybe a pointer in the right direction to a good comp to buy iam gonna google some comps and equipment get at me