Front Lines Rules (OLD)

Table of Contents:
    1. General Battle Rules
    2. Voting Related Rules
    3. How to Set Up a Battle
    4. Definition of Terms
    5. Where do I arrange battles?
    6. Where do I report rule breaking?

Breaking most of these rules is bannable or DQable or both. The rules found in this thread apply to this and other battle forums (where appropriate), and override conflicting rules.

General Battle Rules
    1. No ghostwriting. If someone else writes lines for you, you are banned and so is your ghostwriter. Ghostwriting is plagiarism. Penalty: Lifetime ban.
    2. No Biting. Biting is stealing lines from other people. Penalty: Lifetime ban.
    3. No Recycling. Write new shit and keep it original. Penalty: DQ from the battle.
    4. NO SWAYING. Swaying is making comments about your opponent's verse, or bitching about votes. Penalty: DQ from the battle
    5. No Freeposting. Freeposting is any post which isn't a check in, a verse, your 7 up's, or a vote. Penalty: Lifetime ban.
    6. Seven up's are allowed. If you post more than twice (counting check in's) before both verses are posted, we will count that as an up. Penalty: DQ
    7. 3 Link Rule-For every battle, every participant has to have links to 3 battles he/she voted on recently within 24 hours of dropping(or its a dq at a mods discretion). Using the same link in different battles is an instant dq.(If you do not have 50 posts to vote,leave feedback on two battles anyways and link them)
    8. Saying "Return the favor" and other similar comments are not going to be tolerated. After your vote include your link at the end, with no other comments. Penalty: DQ (on the link you include or battle you mention)
    9. Voting rings = banned for life. If you have a group of "AIM buddies" or "PM Pals" that you ask and get votes from, you are banned and they are banned.
    10. If you post a link without voting, mods will follow the link and DQ you.
    11. Do not ask anyone to vote on your battle, except by providing them with a link at the end of your vote. Do not PM, AIM, or otherwise ask anyone to vote on your battle. That is unfair & you will be banned.
    12. Do not do anything that would provide you with an unfair advantage or that would discourage anyone from voting fairly or participating in Front Lines. Do not do anything stupid like voting on battles which aren't finished yet or voting on battles which aren't completed. Penalty for both: Ban
    13. No Pics in a battle. Do not include pictures of any kind in your text battles. This includes pic(s) of your opponent, something to help voters see a picture your verse, direct links to a pic, etc. This is not allowed. The only time it is allowed is if you state it in the rules and your opponent checks in and agrees. Links to a general thread is ok... Penalty for this: Dq'ed
    14. All Battles in FL require a minimum number of 10 lines. If you drop any less than 10 lines, you will be DQ'ed and win given to the opponent. If both drop less than 10 lines, then the battle is closed and no win given. If no specific limit is agreed upon, 2nd poster must match 1st poster.
    15. If both persons do not check in their battle within 24 hours of the matchup being set, then this battle will be closed and moved. This is to prevent the no show clutter getting lost in the black hole behind all the other open matches.
    16. All battles are ranked. There is no exception unless a mod is making the thread for a specific reason.
    17. Only 5 open battles in FL at a time once the sixth one is opened and the offender drops a verse he will be dqued
    18. No feeding off an opponent's verse. It doesn't matter who dropped 1st, you can't flip lines your opponent used to gain an advantage.

Voting Related Rules
    1. No unexplained votes are allowed. What counts as an explained vote? At least three lines of feedback which completely cover the posting space. You can use other forms of feedback as well but they will not be looked at by the moderators. Here is an example of a vote, I have bolded the part that you must have in your votes. If you do not, your vote will be dq'ed and you will be dq'ed from the link you left.

Vote - XXX

Multies: XXX
    Punches: XXX
    Personals: YYY

Best Lines of the battle:

XXX you're a chump, you'll never be better
    which is why you have a name composed of three letters

vs.

YYY you have no friends, all you do is sit alone at home
    This dude is so wack, he even needed an extra chromosome

YYY was more personal, but he didn't have as many good punches as XXX did. XXX was more consistent and didn't have any lines of filler. YYY had a few lines which weren't interesting cuz they didn't have punches. XXX won this battle because he was more creative and had more punches.
    2. No crew votes are permitted. If you are in someone's crew, you are not allowed to vote on their battle, poll vote or otherwise. Penalty: vote is dq'ed, and possible one week ban.
    3. After you vote just leave a link to your battle with no comment. Do not make a separate post and leave the link in that post. Penalty: 1 week ban.
    4. Do not post a vote on one name, come back, quote the vote, say you are that person, and poll the vote on another name. Penalty: Lifetime Ban.
    5. Do not, after leaving your feedback on a battle, leave your link and say "I will poll my vote after you hit this" or anything along those lines... After feedback you poll your vote... Penalty: You Will Be DQ'ed In Your Battle
    Last edited by The Archetype; June 1st, 2011 at 12:46 AM

None
    Battle Record
    18-0

Re: Front Lines Rules: Updated 8/7/07

Definition of Terms
    1. An "Up" aka "Upping" aka a "Bump" = when a battler posts in his own thread with the intent of moving it to the top of the forum after he posts. Any post other than a verse or a check in which is made by a battler in his own battle is considered an "up". Each battler is allowed 7 up's each per battle.
    2. Check in / Checking = A check in is a post someone makes in their own battle to verify that they agree with the battle rules, and that they are there for the battle. If you make the thread, that is also considered your check in. So if you make the thread, dont post anymore in the thread, and your opponent drops, you get the loss cause you made the thread which is agreeing to the battle.
    Last edited by Leonidas; October 20th, 2009 at 03:28 PM

None
    Battle Record
    18-0

Where do I arrange Battles?

You can arrange to battle someone either by PMing them or by posting a call out thread in "Bitch Slapped (the forum above this one)." Agree on battle rules in Bitch Slapped as well. Then, one of the people in the battle has to post the battle thread in Front Lines (this forum), and include the rules you agreed on. For information on how to set up the battle thread, see "How to set up a Battle."

None
    Battle Record
    18-0

If you have complaints of rule breaking,

post those complaints in the appropriate thread in Investigative Reports. Do not PM moderators.

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=127
    Last edited by Leonidas; October 20th, 2009 at 03:30 PM

Battle Record
    179-20
    Awards Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion 1-2 Season Champion LLL Champion Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 150+ Wins

Voting

Ok... still having the same problem... so shit is going to have to get serious for a bit... from this point on, repeat inadequate feed in a vote is going to have a punishment... maybe a week ban or something... i'll have to see...
    I'm willing to accept 4 types of votes...

1) A categorical breakdown

Multies: XXX
    Punches: XXX
    Personals: YYY
    whatever other categories you use...

vote- so and so...

most people don't use this anymore but i'll accept it

2) Picking the best lines followed by a short breakdown of why you felt that way

XXX you're a chump, you'll never be better
    which is why you have a name composed of three letters

vs.

YYY you have no friends, all you do is sit alone at home
    This dude is so wack, he even needed an extra chromosome

YYY was more personal, but he didn't have as many good punches as XXX did. XXX was more consistent and didn't have any lines of filler. YYY had a few lines which weren't interesting cuz they didn't have punches. XXX won this battle because he was more creative and had more punches.

without the breakdown, your vote will be DQ'd

3) A short summary of both verses explaining who got your vote and why

This battle was pretty even. XXX had a couple of heavy hits like the cum and defeat lines but faded towards the end. YYY's momma jokes were ok but he was more consistent imo...

vote YYY

4) A complete breakdown

A bar by bar breakdown of every line. This is the only way you can just say vote whoever at the end

Also, stop saying RTF when you leave your link. Apparently some feel that it's saying "I voted for you so vote for me". And stop the double posting. If you don't leave the link in the vote, you can't come in and leave the link in a 2nd post. You just lost the chance to leave the link that time.

Freeposting

Ive been getting alot of PMs on this issue so here it goes. I know this is already a rule, but i see alot of you guys are not paying attention so ill make it clear in this thread . If you are not involved in a battle and want to leave a vote just leave one vote, and be on your way. If someone knocks on your vote let it go they just wasted an up.

If i see anybody freeposting in other peoples battle threads from this time and date October 14th, 2009 at 04:33 PM onward i will 1st warn you then 2nd time ban you for 3 days.

The amount of garbage in most of these battles is crazy. Just trying to maintain some type of order
    And the same thing with up's. Awhile back I changed the up's from 5 to 7 because a lot of ppl were needing more and I felt it was fair. I was nice about up's back when it was 5, if you went over by a one or two I'd let it slide. But not now...It's SEVEN up's, no more. Dont care if you've been here 5 years or 1 day, if you up more than 7 times, you're DQ'ed

And for those that need clarification..
    Up: Any post by a battler after both verses have been dropped. So if you feel the need to argue with a voter, you're using your ups.

Battle Record
    104-7
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins

3 BATTLES IN FL AT A TIME!!!!! (Peep It)

You have until Sunday Nov 29th 11:59 est. to make sure you only have 3 battles open in front lines or im going to straight DQ you in all your battles until you have 3 open. I dont give a fuck if your up 4-0 in a battle peeps are clogging the threads and not voting so get to voting. Crew battles do not count towards the 3 open.

And Another Note, if you keep voting ass in peoples battles i will ban you. If you dont know how to vote, go look for good examples.
    Last edited by The Archetype; September 7th, 2010 at 02:02 PM

Godwasheeeeeeeeeeeeere

2 link rule

is back into effect. starting now u will need 2 links with ur battle that you start or it will get shut down.

You need to have the 2 links within 24 hrs of the battle being set. Links must be from battles voted on no more than 24 hrs before the battle was set... If not, you will be docked 1 vote for each day you don't have the links. If you do not put the links up, the battle will NOT close in your favor. So basically, if you won 5-0 but had no links, a mod will continue to keep it open... if your opponent has the links and winds up winning after you had 5 votes, it's your fault... DQ's can happen @ a mod's discretion so don't come bitching and moaning about getting one... a mod will decide if one is necessary

enjoy.
    Last edited by The Archetype; March 11th, 2010 at 06:03 PM

Battle Record
    104-7
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins

Freepost in a battle = ban

there you go.....
    whats a freepost?

posting something in a battle besides a vote in another persons battle that does not involve you

Battle Record
    179-20
    Awards Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion 1-2 Season Champion LLL Champion Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 150+ Wins

Re: Freepost in a battle = ban

I don't even know why I have to say this... but stop the faggotry... ANYTHING in a battle after a vote that doesn't say "Up" or "Thanks for voting" or something along those lines will be an instant DQ... no beating around the bush... all this "Wow... whatever" and "I should've raised the post minimum" or "Can I get some vet votes" is swaying... if I see it, you lose that battle...