Showing results 1 to 15 of 57

Thread: Open Mic MAG

Soule

Open Mic MAG

Belligerent
    - PRESENTS -
    The MAG

Introduction
    Well it's been a while since someone has done a Open Mic Mag. Right? So I figured I'd do one as best as I can. It's summer of 2007 and there has been many great peices, many great writers. I hope you enjoy the top 5 writers, the top 5 upcomers. The top 5 peices along with the open mic of the month. The WTF's and the Honorable Mentions. The Interview with Born To Kill. And the overall mag.

Top Five Writers

5: Legendz
    He's been consistent and creative. Staying original with every peice he writes. I see him being a HoF writer, I see him possibly being a future Baron Mynd. *minus the attitude*. He keeps it emotional, and active to the thread. Could very well be a Legend.

4: The Witness
    He's very creative and original, winner of Words In Motion and the next best thing. He's the type of guy that'll be emotional with his work, but with punch you in the face if you mess with him. He has more then just a few HoF peices and even more HoF worthy peices at that. He is never bland and keeps his writing to a level where you'll never be let down by reading it.

3: Nahlidge
    He very rarly posts a peice up, but when he does it has a major effect among all readers. he's not afraid to take risks and experiment with his workings. And has the most heart grabbing stories you'll ever read. I believe he could be Legends material, just keep writing man.

2: Bounce
    Back in the day, he'd write a peice and you ahh at it. Now when he does write a peice. You nominate it. He is Original with ever word he uses. And he holds a new metiphore behind every sentence. You can not read his work without saying "That was a great read." Yes, he is a ghost among the forum. But he is also a legend. But there is one writer that is slightly more legendary and takes the 1st place spot this month ..

The Winner: Mindless
    The 1st place taker and one of the MOST incredible writers in this forum. Taking the most simple topics like "A World Within Headphones" and making it a whole new world. He is HoF with every peice he writes and never let's us down. Thought it'd be nice for him to leave feed on the work of the people that look up to him and feed on his art. he is the best thing at the moment. Will there be a new number one next month? Maybe, that is if he doesn't post anything by then.

Top FIVE Upcomers

5: Messiah Kaeto
    Kid is very creative and original. But needs to work on his multies so their not as predictable. Don't worry though bro, I have that same problem. He could be in the top 5 writers within the next month. We'll just have too see right? That means keep writing man, you're gonna be great very VERY soon.

4: Baron P. Mortuus
    I was debating with my self whether to add him too the top 5 writers or the top 5 upcomers. Then I realized there were a few writers that were slightly more creative adn original then he is. Though he has seized too let me down with a read. I feel he kinda writes about the same thing within every peice he does. Though I do the same thing. I will expect him too change up his story plans for his next peice and surprise me too get on the high level of writing.

3: Cry
    Writing his heart out within every peice he does yet being slept on madly. He's gone from writing about depression and heart aches because of his EX. To writing about life and how he can't wait to wake up in the morning to see her face. He is emotional and original within every peice he does. I feel he deserves for HoF nominations then he is getting, and should surprise us ALL with his next peice.

2: Bezerk
    Former Topical Champion and a HELL of a writer. Holds wins over baron P, Lau and many MANY more. I feel he should still be champion but Thomas surprised us all with a nice read. Which also brings Bezerk to the number 2 Spot and adds Thomas to our Winner ..Best of luck next month Bezerk. Keep writing man, you're very original.

The Winner: Thomas
    The Topical Frontlines Champion. Though I feel ALOT of his work is bland on Emotion and Storytell. He has brought out some pretty nice reads lately. Beating Laureate and Bezerk in a thriple threat match for the title. And holding many HoF work. He has been increasing in Emotion and his grasp on his stories and I feel can be a Top writer within a month or two. Keep it up.

TOP 5 PEICES of Last Month!

Chris Black - On A Sheet Of Paper

Johnny 6-Feet - 200 Titles

Engivale And Mariah - JukeBox Blues

Maven - April Left With Silence

Bounce - Inc Credible

Peice Of The Month
    Coming at the end of the month

InterView With Born To Kill

Belligerent:
    What do you think has changed on RB, that never should have changed?

Born To Kill:
    The level of participation in leagues...

At one time, all our big names were battling...

M~M, Evolve, Feeble, Spit, BribeOne, JayWalker...the list goes on and on.
    SS is missing Bounce, Brix...peeps like that.
    I mean, we got talented cats now...but was it harder back then? To me, yeah, it was.
    Cuz, this season I champed LLL and SS...something I ain't done before...so either I got better or the site got easier...know what I'm saying?

Belligerent:
    Yeah I know exactly what you mean, I joined back in 05. Back then it was hard to get into these leagues because of the incredible skill that so many original heads had.

What do you think should change on RB but probaly will never change?

Born To Kill:
    People that hang here...all the fuckin time...and have a big ass opinion on everything...
    But who don't fuckin write a word of rhyme...ever.
    I hate cats like that. They contribute nothing but their own point of view, which...come on...is boring as fuck most of the time cuz they're boring as fuck themselves.
    No writing, to me...equals nothing to write about...nothing to write about either means you're imagination and creativity are at zero or your life, the life around you is so lame and sad, you get inspiration from nothing.

Belligerent:
    if you were a admin, what things would you do for rb?

Born To Kill:
    I dunno...hold more tourneys, maybe...
    Do the RB Awards more than once a year...those are fun.
    And maybe...s'just a thought...but maybe...figure out a pay scale for mods...nothing amazing, but enough to be motivational. Not that we don't have motivated mods now...but money always helps.
    I mean, I guess the site makes money...I dunno that part of it...but I assume it goes somewhere...
    Maybe that's what I'd do as an admin...find out where the money goes!
    But, bottom line...show recognition to the best cats on here, it's like...The Lounge has no idea what's going on in LLL...LLL has no idea what's going on in SS...SS has no idea what's up in 1-2...and so on...
    I'd try an merge shit somehow...at least try and get the site's population motivated and interested in what the fuck's going on with the site.

Belligerent:
    That would be a great idea.

Any last words?

Born To Kill:
    Battle!

If you do, keep at it...
    If you don't, then start!

I don't give a fuck if you're Topical either...hit up SS and throw down.

If you're a shitty newb, hit up 1-2 and figure out punching.

If you're a Front Lines cat...strive for LLL Jr. when it returns...

If you're LLL Jr. strive for LLL.

I mean, RapBATTLES...is in our fuckin name...so do it!

Peace

Sorry it wasn't a very open mic interview, but you get the point what he means right?

Honorable Mentions

Stay active with the forum guys. keep it clean and active. Feed, and you'll be fed on. Do not just go into a peice and tell them everything they did wrong. Tell them what they did right and tell them how to elevate on their mistakes. This is mostly aimed at the newer writers or the slowly elevating writers like myself. It's karma, help and you'll be rewarded. Thankyou.

WTF!

WTF @ Po'Ethics Not Doing Any Mroe Collabs As of Late?
    WTF @ SS Dying Slowly?
    WTF @ Baron Mynd being banned?
    WTF @ There not being a mag every month?
    WTF @ Feeders HoF?
    WTF @ Feeble getting HoF for a peice that was done like in a battle-like format?

Thankyou for reading, sorry if you don't like it. I tried.

Battle Record
    9-4

Re: Open Mic MAG

i'm sorry, but with the way he's dropping right now, how is legendz not number 1 on that list.
    glycerine.

Soule

Like I said. He Could end up there in the next month. But I feel he is only a number five contender.

Battle Record
    11-10
    Awards OM HOF

He needs to get more active

Nice shit dude.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

24 x OM Hall Of Fame

Soule

Thanks man.

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

Nice work man....but when did Bezerk beat me...I honstly can't remember :/
    Kiss me through the camera lens.
    TNL

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-0

man I'm glad someone sat down and really took the time to write this. Much props to yo Bell, this is exactly the type of shit the open mic needs to keep cats active and interested.

Shout out to Heychoo...and good look on the number 5 spot
    I'm content with that...gives me something to work towards

for the record though...i am a HOF writer I've been in there like 10x - in a row. LoL j/p....kinda

glad to see my boys witness and mind getting some props aswell

Bell get at me if you need help with next weeks mag.

pZ

Soule

Rofl, I believe he said he beat you Baron, I dunno if he actually did but whether he did or not. He still deserves that spot.

And No Problem Legends, I know yuo've had multiple hof peices. I'll be doing next months mag. And'll like all the help possible. So if you get the time. interview someone, pick up some opinions on heads. And Pm me what you get. This goes out too anyone. I'll make the thread, hopefuly with your help.

Battle Record
    37-7

Quote Originally Posted by Belligerant View Post
    Rofl, I believe he said he beat you Baron, I dunno if he actually did but whether he did or not. He still deserves that spot.

And No Problem Legends, I know yuo've had multiple hof peices. I'll be doing next months mag. And'll like all the help possible. So if you get the time. interview someone, pick up some opinions on heads. And Pm me what you get. This goes out too anyone. I'll make the thread, hopefuly with your help.
    Nah i got no rpoblem with him having the spot, he's a great writer. I just can't remember him beating me...he prolly did idk..i've got a bad memory anyway lol.

Soule

rofl. Read your verse against Jus Write, leaving your feed now.

Battle Record
    37-7

Quote Originally Posted by Belligerant View Post
    rofl. Read your verse against Jus Write, leaving your feed now.
    Bleh, it wasn't as good as it should have been.

Soule

I liked it. And ROFL @ The Witness' Sig. I be dope like that

Abraxas
    Battle Record
    13-1

I should.ve been a newcomer I dropped 4 OM in 1 1/2 weeks lol
    But btw that was a very nice mag like interveiw too.
    Percept Shun

Soule

rofl. Doesn't matter how many OMs you drop bro. It's how consistent and good your peices are. I am all about how much Heart you put into your peice. I am all about the emotion and story grasp. You might be on the next mag, just keep writing and we'll see.

Battle Record
    37-24

Good job bell, sorry i havent been in here showing OM support, but i guess like Born said right now my life is gay and boring...and i have no inspiration or motivation to write, its kind of irritating to know at one point i was on the up n comers to make a name for myself here....but hit a roadblock in my own um..real life, and now have lost everything i had going for myself, now im struggling to write even for topical battles...which i use to very rarely lose...now i cant win one lol.....sad days for spekz
    Succeed Without Fear

Written Voices