Showing results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Black People : Dark vs. Light

Can't teach you my swag! D. Josey's Avatar
    Battle Record
    41-9
    Awards 25+ Wins

Black People : Dark vs. Light

is completely retarded...
    A controversial study on skin tone has revealed what many black folks have been whispering about for years: Light-skinned blacks are often more likely to be considered for jobs over dark-skinned blacks.

The University of Georgia’s unprecedented study indicates that dark-skinned blacks face a distinct disadvantage when applying for jobs, even if they have resumes superior to lighter-skinned black applicants.

Matthew Harrison, a doctoral student at the University of Georgia, recently presented his research at the 66th annual meeting of the Academy of Management in Atlanta.

"Our results indicate that there appears to be a skin tone preference in regards to job selection," Harrison said in a statement. "This finding is possibly due to the common belief that fair-skinned blacks probably have more similarities with whites than do dark-skinned blacks, which in turn makes whites feel more comfortable around them."

"I think what was most shocking to me was to find that dark-skinned black males with greater credentials were still recommended less -- or seen as less of a candidate -- than light-skinned blacks with worse credentials," Harrison told BlackAmericaWeb.com in an interview last week.

"I think it has a lot to do with the general comfort level that people have with dark-skinned blacks and light-skinned blacks," Harrison said. "The media depicts dark-skinned black men as violent and threatening."

Harrison said he was reminded of the controversial Time magazine cover that featured O.J. Simpson during his murder trial when the magazine darkened Simpson’s image to make him appear more menacing.

"The findings in this study are, tragically, not too surprising," Harrison said.

"We found that a light-skinned black male can have only a bachelor’s degree and typical work experience and still be preferred over a dark-skinned black male with an MBA and past managerial positions, simply because expectations of the light-skinned black male are much higher, and he doesn’t appear as ‘menacing’ as the darker-skinned male applicant," he said.
    So why do dark sinned people envy lighter skin?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    12-1

Re: Black People : Dark vs. Light

So why do dark sinned people envy lighter skin?
    Very inflammatory question. Fist of all, it's a huge generalization that attempts to tell all Negroes what they feel, which is ignorant. When I get past your ignorant generalization, I'll answer an altered version of the question: Why do some dark sinned people envy lighter skin? For the answer, simply read what you quoted. The lighter the skin, the better your chance of success in this eurocentric world of capitalism. Period.

I'm not shocked at all about this study. A teacher of mine once said, people of European descent are powerful because they have the ability to define what reality is. They write history. That, meaning, if they write books and paint picture and define beauty in eurocentric terms, the world accepts it. If they say darkness is ugly, the world accepts it. It's that way because of European Imperialism. Europe pretty much has a stranglehold on the world and all it's resources, so what they write, is taken as solemn fact. If a white man is the one who tells the world what beauty is, of course he's going to say it's white. If a white man says who God is, of cousre, he and his son are white. White people wrote history and the world bought into it because if they didn't, they had to see the tip of a sword. It's the same reason Christianity is the dominant religion. When they took slaves and invaded people, they made everyone accept their books and religion or die. They kept entire populations illiterate and without art so they were only exposed to what art and history whites wanted them to be exposed to/ After generations pass, we're still christian - the religion forced on our slave ancestors and it's so ingrained in us, we teach it to our children, not knowing we're still being controlled.

I could go on forever but I'll stop.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Can't we all just hold hands, be friends, and hate George Bush?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

doesnotexist

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hosea View Post
    damn evil europeans
    lmao....

Banned
    they seek him here, they seek him there, yet none can see me, even though I'm everywhere
    Battle Record
    6-0

coz the people known as mullatos in the slave ara were light skinned / half white. moms was raped by a slve trader, so the light skinned slve negroes was treated a lil better a lot in some cases, and also worked as slave drivers, so thats where the psychology stems from

I'm about to go to bed so I'm just going to state the simple reason why instead of writing an essay like Brutha man Chris Black.

White people fucked Black people's heads up back in the day. We still haven't recovered.

Holla

Punk Bitch Slapper
    Battle Record
    3-7

fuck

now theres two types of blacks i have to opress

thats like twice as much work

=[

"I smoke 'til I choke and I sex a lot
    I got a cross on my chain but it's just a rock"

-J black

..defined eradication.. Relli_Mak's Avatar
    Battle Record
    23-12

Quote Originally Posted by R3LOAD View Post
    fuck

now theres two types of blacks i have to opress

thats like twice as much work

=[
    You a ignorant mufucka...stupid ass.
    NotarizedArtistry
    32-13
    "Superb Individual"

d-_-b
    Battle Record
    1-7

i stay down with the brownz

Punk Bitch Slapper
    Battle Record
    3-7

Quote Originally Posted by Relli_Mak View Post
    You a ignorant mufucka...stupid ass.
    yeah, cuz i was serious

-J black

Battle Record
    23-12

yeah, cuz i was serious
    Whether sarcasm or playing, you have to respect the fact that some people don't find certain things amusing...
    NotarizedArtistry
    32-13
    "Superb Individual"

Punk Bitch Slapper
    Battle Record
    3-7

Whether sarcasm or playing, you have to respect the fact that some people don't find certain things amusing...
    you have to accept the fact that i could give a fuck less what some people find amusing

-J black

Battle Record
    23-12

you have to accept the fact that i could give a fuck less what some people find amusing
    Smh...dude, I'm thru even replying to you after this, because it's truly evident that you're just a 17 yr old immature mufucka..
    NotarizedArtistry
    32-13
    "Superb Individual"

Punk Bitch Slapper
    Battle Record
    3-7

Smh...dude, I'm thru even replying to you after this, because it's truly evident that you're just a 17 yr old immature mufucka..
    clearly

-J black

Banned
    Battle Record
    6-7

lite skin all day