User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Poetry Of My Self

Poetry Of My Self

Poetry Of My Self

Just a light in darkness, a lifeboat in the crudest ocean swell,
    this side of Genesis, no creation to start no war.
    Just a mere hope in the Vietnam jungle, a Jewish snigger in fifties Berlin,
    This time...No walls to escape from thyself.
    A heart burning brightly like a blind man's imagination,
    a water pulse trickled alone in the sands of the Sahara,
    No oasis to blame for the desert.
    A girl in my eyes, thoughts, dreams and sleep like no other could have the resilience.
    No other could inhabit a void so vast or turn cartwheels through my veins like Roman centurions, horse clatter and surreal run all.
    With no chance of a whispered kiss of crisp clean mist, with heart shaped iris gleaming.
    Blustery girl, let me windbreak your hair, cropped-danger-framing-lust, thy dancing tongue inside thy mouth and sofa lips.
    You're an image no architect could dream of, no scholar would mop his spectacled brow, and no painter shall aspire to neither create a face nor reminisce the lace of your fragile chest.
    No carpenter would dare to create a swell so sweet, like a drowning spoon dunked face down in your juices.
    Like a sleeping job seeker, happily embedded in his one true possession.
    No asset of mine would chastise the prize of thy ladyship, fragrance and chivalry’s death.
    Thy go fourth, preach not unto me, but do as thy do religiously.
    Don't ask of her highness, she left by wind, leaving my skin, within her sins, thinking things would bring new mornings to begin.
    Of lost, the past of ancient cats, agile and territorial, fertile abnormal, relinquish, vanish!
    Turn away fate, straight as day, dark as dawn.
    Prick thy finger, children of God's ever greens, no twist in a tale for the lesser author. Scribbled, scrawled, spat out sick, splattered into verse to rehearse for the hearse.
    No thyself enlightens a thousand footsteps in a million tracks. Your wicked toes walk alone, your sacred beauty of purgatory graduation, to worthless information, ventured by patience, invented by graces.
    You stated your reason was only conversation.
    I love your request of a smile, then aloof like the newest recruit, with polished boots being thrown into troop.
    A very special smile, half lit, half dull, timber teeth, tell tales, tell lies.
    Tell me how do you sleep with mirrors close by?
    Beautiful lady precious inside, don't give up life's jewel to fascist fool, nor grateful victims of ignorance.
    Crowned by the very clown who counts them down, without a sound.
    No sign of shame, no sign of thy frown, no hope inside thy shameful cry.
    Invite me whole, take no time, the thief I plead replace my soul. Remake my beliefs, trophy thy charms, allow me a sign, come to my arms or put me in line.
    Wash out my will, oh poisoness snake, squeeze out my life and dance me insane.
    Tender thy touch to trance the terrain, happen to my day, twitch, and trigger aim. That accurate eye, like Cupid, tries and apply thy archer style oh child of mine.
    Shapely stealth, silent wealth, love me true, I love thy self.
    I love your dreams of butterfly fields, I love your jeans with the ragged seams. Oh padlocked pasture, winding lane, eternal furlong, whining pain. To pass me by like a selfish Samaritan, with time from thy, no time to try, no smile from thy, nothing but presence and scorching aura.
    Your posture from Sodomy, your shoulders from Gomorra.
    No wish for your fronts or stiletto stunts, nor Dante diced deliverance, betrayed and blunt.
    Thy diction disturbs me, like a type written heel. Thy friction up earths me like a worm from below. FALL, go on ! Rise these waves and crash them down, upon the forsaken.
    This power is great, sheer match sticks to the lady of the waves. Intended, persuaded, my attention is weak, your eyes no longer laugh and speak, your lips no longer pucker, Alas your face doth grasp the passion of the looker.
    Oh gorgeous face on the Turin shroud, painted in a chapel up in the clouds, your love is like a murderous soul, locked up for years with chance of parole.
    Like a Buddhist monk's life silent and quiet, and no chance of love until the next life.
    Thy graces refrained and put up on sale like an old churn of milk way past it's sell by date.
    Like a forgotten library book, four years behind time and like a poor fool I constantly pay the fine. Your shackled heart and grid locked remarks wander apart since theatrical start. No thee know thy love is unique, and your everything is not for everyone.
    My day is defused by thy decision to speak, encapsulated reverberations demonstrated in her tone.
    Yea she flee, no hope is true, to be beside thee, alone with you.
    Tracks and mud paths and old haystacks, walking back through the night so black.
    Her want is of another world, lame and tame and tainted by blame.
    My want is of the wanted girl, I hear her driving rain more than the sound of my name.
    Her zone is of an alien sting, like the ring of ivory keys as Beethoven begins.
    She crucifies my mind, then celebrates Easter, I don't rise again,
    she enjoys her feasting.
    Herself walk away, cast thy self far, the farthest you are, the closer thou art.
    Thy know thy beauty, You know my attraction.
    You know my interest and fixated infatuation,
    Like an overpaid Asian trying to avoid immigration.

Take me thy loveliness, with that gaze of a psychotic nymph,
    Shake me my laciness, your waves crash me wimp.
    Fluid pearl eyed water, cry me out in thy tear,
    Smell my fear, and endear me with that sheer veneer of vanilla devour.
    Tell me, my only one that some day I will,
    sit to thou, sing to thou, confess my sins.

Dance to dance, romance thou, enchant you with wealth,
    And forever 'till never will I loves thyself.

Links:

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show....html?t=339020
    http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show....html?t=339424
    Last edited by Paperback; June 23rd, 2007 at 07:06 AM

Re: Poetry Of My Self

Orange Soda

Battle Record
    1-3

pretty nice story.. had some nice imagery and description. that's a long ass piece lol.

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion

Fuck, why is this being slept on, oh wait it's RB, kind of long for most people to sit through the read.

I absolutely enjoyed this, I have always enjoyed your work as you post every now and again here on RB. Always a pleasure, but this was surprise I was looking for today. I really felt that sodomy/Gomorrah line, that was seriously nice. You had some many hard hitting, deep meaning lines in this, and your style was classic. Biblical reference was solid, then you threw in that Dante line, just reeked of torment, Good use of diction, just over all dope. I think you might get better response if you posted this inour poetic scriptures forum. The typical OMers are going to melt down trying to read this...

Thanks for the great read, on that note I shall go home and write tonight for a bit...

[YOUTUBE]Av7yOXafS40?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    "World Class War" Official Music Video
    We can use all the views we can get, please support the Father/Daughter movement in hip hop. Do us a favor and post on your Facebook walls and such. Thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Back By Popular Demand... ELEETE's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-0

damn paper i haven't read anything from you in ages man
    i haven't herad from you since trp says whats been up man?
    this shit was just amazing the knowledge you spit here is just simply amazing man you won't get any love here in rb since you are not a known vet lmfao
    i would nominate this for legends whre it belongs with your other piece but you'll get denied cause you don't have enough posts
    lmfao holla at me man this shit was just amazing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

...practice makes poetry
    Battle Record
    4-1

this shit is too long to read you idiot people on this site will lose interest as soon as they see the length
    Hence Forward

Battle Record
    9-10

Quote Originally Posted by Mag... View Post
    this shit is too long to read you idiot people on this site will lose interest as soon as they see the length
    roger that.
    READ MORE

This piece was kind of long, but I read it anyways and I really enjoyed this piece. you had really nice imagery and metas. Your flow was really good. I saw many nice biblical references and I really enjoyed your story. this piece had solid vocab. I also really like the "Your posture from Sodomy, your shoulders from Gomorra." line. all in all this piece was pretty solid except for the facts I couldn't really find a rhyme scheme.

Thanks for the feeds
    Leave links