User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Bad Decisions when picking equipment

home
    Battle Record
    61-19

Bad Decisions when picking equipment

I'm sure most ya'll had regretted buying equipment not knowing how to fully use the item. or to know that there was a better piece of equipment that came out later. or just plain wasted money knowing you needed that money to buy groceries (lolll).

a while back i selfishly bought an Akai MPD24 for 145 pnds which is x2 US dollars. at first i was really happy with it once i figured how to use the MPC tool on FL. but a part of me just knew that i'd never be able to learn how to play/sample drum pads either cuz i didn't have the time or i just couldn't be bothered. Watching youtube videos of Heatmakerz and Just blaze playing MPC sorta just fooled me into wanting their stuff.

A few weeks later, i decided that it just wasn't worth it so i decided to return the item (and made some bullshit that it didn't work on my usb since i was using an e-mu 0404 usb interface). They couldn't give money back tho which was a bummer. I exchanged it a Sony V500 headphones and an Edirol Monitor speaker.

then seeing more video's recently such as this one, it just makes you go d'oh! if only i had just kept the MPD24. lol but nah, i guess making beats is just something you learn overtime and you don't just pick it up over night with some new equipment.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...8-50ae43c0bee1

moral of the story: if you buy a piece of equipment, don't regret buying it. have patience, learn how to fully utilize it by using better software etc. at the same time don't go out buying stuff just cuz you want em, actually do research, i mean these things are expensive make sure you know that the equipment's just the half of it, having the willingness to learn to use them is another thing.

pz.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (new track daily)

Battle Record
    5-3

Re: Bad Decisions when picking equipment

i own a MPC2000 and dont even use it. Yet i still consider it a good investment, because who knows when someone will come to my spot, and need to use one.

Plus, i always have that option of beatin drums out on pads, into my system, and getting some real BANGIN drums.

I couldnt see myself using a midi drum pad, especially not with FLStudio, because the FPC doesnt have enough control over sound editing for me. The best software drum machine i've seen is Battery 3.

and your story pales in comparison to my journey with my eventide eclipse 3.0. That's a 2,000 dollar peice of gear.

It looks like I'm just going to keep the eclipse tho, and hook it up to my motif, and alter my sounds from the motif through it. SO it turns out to be useful after all.
    Welcome to reality.