User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 52

Thread: Major League Baseball™

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    2-0

Major League Baseball™

Believe it or not, it's almost baseball season.

There's been a lot of stories over the break...
    -Barry Zito going to the Giants
    -The Cubs and their ridiculous contract signings.
    -Red Sox and Dice-K phenomenom.
    -and of course the Yankees....

Discuss different topics.
    Vote For Me as Sports Member Mod!!

Battle Record
    14-18
    Awards OM HOF PC HOF

Re: Major League Baseball™

sosa is back lol

AI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    2-0

eh, we'll see. I live in Dallas area, so i watch the Rangers... he's done well in spring training. Hopefully it'll carry over into the regular season.

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by ®Fresh. View Post
    eh, we'll see. I live in Dallas area, so i watch the Rangers... he's done well in spring training. Hopefully it'll carry over into the regular season.
    *dap*
    [YOUTUBE]XEx2T1NLsqw[/YOUTUBE]

Cubs > All
    Face it, its mathematics, basics far from fake shit
    My mind is sacred, my skin shine like a Cuban bracelet
    Egyptian Pharaoh, potent ganja use to get me paro/paranoid
    Now I inhale from gun shots, through my double barrel

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

Barry Zito is gonna post 16 wins at the most. Sure hes in the NL but hes in a very competitive division with the Dodgers and D Backs(young talent here), and the Giants aren't a strong enough hitting team to bail him out everytime he allows 1 or 2 runs.. ill get to the rest in a minute when i come back
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Battle Record
    2-0

yea, i feel ya. the san fransico have no hitters (unless you wanna include what Bonds can do every now and then..) So Zito'll have to step-up every time he's on the mound, unless the offense explodes every now and then.

Battle Record
    9-4

braves fan until i die.
    glycerine.

Battle Record
    2-0

Braves fan, not so much .. but Andruw Jones fan, hell yes.

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

Ok to finish...

The Cubs will make the playoffs... either Wild Card or Division, all depending on the Cardinals and Astros. The Astros are that team that will creep up in the second half. Cards have Pujols... thats a trump card in itself. I expect good years from Ramirez and Soriano, the biggest contracts, as well as from Lee if he's healthy. Also, their outfield is pretty stacked, and they have my boy Cliff Floyd, who if healthy can definately be aforce in Wrigley. They wont get far in the playoffs since their pitching may be shaky after Zambrano, but they'll definately be a force

Dice K, from what I've seen is a good pitcher. Will he hold up in the summer when theres enough video and scouting on him ? I think he can, hes incredibly crafty and pitches rather than throws. He's compared to the '99 Pedro, but Hes not near there for me. Mind You.. I think he'll get a decent 16-18 wins, and a likely ROY nod, but he wont change much for the Red Sox who'll have to settle for 2nd place again to the...

Yankees. You love it, everyone loves to hate them. They have the most dangerous lineup this side of the universe ON PAPER. They have reliable backup plans for any potential failures from Pavano or Igawa, and any injuries to their outfielders will be handled by Melky Cabrera, who should be starting if it wasnt for the yankees being oversaturated with fucking players. They will win the AL East as usual and im looking to a 2nd round exit. You hate the Yankees, and everyone predicts them being eliminated, but thats the thing, they get eliminated... they make the playoffs every year albeit early exits. Their success in the first half will ride on Wang(injured), Mussina, and Pettite. We'll wait and see for what seems like Pavanos first year in the Bronx, and the new Kaz Ishii aka Kei Igawa(not cuz theyre asians either) to have any effect and if either of them are gone in the second half, look for a possible Philip Hughes comin up or the many arms they have stashed in the bullpen.

Notice I talked about the Yankees without mentioning the biggest name on their team. George Steinbrenner..

...must look at this year as the year which will decide A. Rods future. He says he wants to stay a Yankee, and honestly I wish he would go. Not that I dislike A Rod or anything, but I think he gets too much blame for everything going wrong. When everythings is rollin, hes the last person who gets looked at because he probably hit a useless HR in the ninth, but if everythings going wrong hes under the microscope more than any player. It seems like death and destruction is destined everytime he opens his mouth. But he is a player who when he has a bad year 35HR 121RBI .290 AVG, its what would be a career year for 95% of the major leaguers. Thats the truth, he can turn it up and win another MVP at any point. He's 31, hes got a bunch more years to go. No matter what any stats say, no matter how you want to measure him in the clutch, he is a great player, and though criticized for being too soft, is probably the most dangerous Yankee, the one who can hurt you the most. This may be the year he stays focused, doesnt let the boos get to him and churns out an MVP performance, and shuts yankee fans up for the few months after October. OR he can just mail this year in, opt out like a bitch(JD DREW) and go to Chicago. Alot of people will think that the latter is the route for him, but I think he will definately turn it up this year. He is that type of player, and if He really wants to play here, REALLY REALLY WANTS the people to love him, He must realize Yankee fans expect no less than World Series No. 27. He can hit .400 with 67 Hrs and 198 RBI, but it means nothing if the Yankees dont win in October. Its unfair, but Yankee fans tend to forget the team has 8 other hitter which have to do their job..

Forget the sleepovers. Yankees have the Al East.
    The Craziest Bat wins. I love Minnesota, but Detroit got better. Thats enough
    I did not ever knowingly make this pick. Vlads the man,Matthews isnt, but Oakland in the West.
    Your Wild Card is either going to Boston or Minnesota. I dont see the West involved at all, unless the Angels handle their business.
    NL East, belongs to the Mets until another team proves otherwise. Sure the Mets are old, but theres not many pitchers more reliable then Glavine. And Pedro will make an impact, even in August.
    NL Central, still belongs to the Cards, they underachieved in the regular season only to turn it up and win a WS. Think they can't repeat? Think again.
    NL West, logic points to the Dodgers. Actually everything points to them.

WILD CARD... its gonna be really good. the west has a bunch of teams that will go at it, never mind the astros live in this department, and the NL East will have an impact themselves with the Braves, Phillies and Nationals improving. And dont count the Marlins out. DO NOT count the Marlins out.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Battle Record
    2-0

i think for the Marlins to have a good year, Dontrelle Willis needs to have a monster year. and I still think they're a year off.

Battle Record
    2-0

damn, i just saw the new Arizona D-Backs Uni's on ESPN .. shit is hideous.

http://static.flickr.com/106/293023969_b6b30e0bde_o.jpg

Battle Record
    5-3

Nah, that's some tight shit. Their old uniforms looked like puke rags.
    [YOUTUBE]XEx2T1NLsqw[/YOUTUBE]

Battle Record
    2-0

yea, but they could of been a whole lot better imo

Banned
    Battle Record
    24-0

GOOOOOOOOO Marlins!!!