User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Grace 101 Vs. Solo/610

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Grace 101 Vs. Solo/610

From the reviews i've been lookin at, the universal audio solo/610 seems like a better, warmer sounding pre for only a couple hundred bucks more. Leme kno what yall think, from what i've gathered the grace101 is nice but doesn't add much presence to the voice, but is more known for it's clarity. I'm going for warmth, presence, and clarity. Leme know yalls opinion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: Grace 101 Vs. Solo/610

after putting them both together... I agree. 610... but then again... it'll depend on the mic you have... because the 110... is solid and the other is tube... or the other way around... so figure which would go best with the mic you have...

*waits for Kris to say the grace or river*
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

I'm using the nt1-a, which I think would go pretty good with the 610 since the nt1 is clear but just a real strait forward mic. I plan on upgrading mics later on... But i've heard from homi's at guitar center and shit the the nt1a sounds really nice with a good warm sounding pre.

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by JayFro407 View Post
    I'm using the nt1-a, which I think would go pretty good with the 610 since the nt1 is clear but just a real strait forward mic. I plan on upgrading mics later on... But i've heard from homi's at guitar center and shit the the nt1a sounds really nice with a good warm sounding pre.
    this is really a apples and oranges situation... neither sounds "better" per say... it's what you perceive as "better" that will matter.

both are great mic pre's for there price, they just sound different... pick the one that caters to your voice.

if your going to be recording ALOT more people tho... i would go with the solid state grace... because you'll never know what a tube will do to some people's voice... it's cases like that when the little to no coloration of the Grace is your buddy.
    Welcome to reality.

Well... I don't really plan on recording ALOT of other people untill I have my own custom built studio... But I def. know what your saying. For my purpose I think i'll go with the 610, as my next pre would prolly be somethin more versatile like a 737 anyways (depending on what else comes out by then). If I do run into a problem with having too much coloration on some people i'll just bypass the 610 and use my firewire solo hah. Thanks for yalls input.

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by JayFro407 View Post
    If I do run into a problem with having too much coloration on some people i'll just bypass the 610 and use my firewire solo hah. Thanks for yalls input.
    i wouldnt even do that...
    i would just deal with it instead of switching straight to a fw solo preamp
    Welcome to reality.