User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 45 of 51

Thread: BodyWeight Excercises > All

Battle Record
    30-12

Re: BodyWeight Excercises > All

Yeah, I have been isometric training for about a week now. . it is ALOT more efficient. .

I can cut my workout time in half. . and the best part is I can do it all at home.

Every other day I do 3 elevated sets of pushups till burnout, 3 sets of weighted situps till burnup, a ghetto chin up where I use a towel, a door stopper and my bathroom door, and then I just stand in a doorway with my feet at shoulder length and just pushup and hard as you can. . try it. . it's incredible. .

on the whole, i'm not a fan of weights. . I never liked having to leave to go to the gym. . but this way, I notice not only am I more cut, but i'm actually still building bulk as well. . I went to the gym earlier to use the treadmill and ended on doing some curling. . my last curl weight was 150. . I did 165 today. .

so yeah. . I highly recommend it. . I Just wish there was a better way besides pushups to work my chest. .

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

I torn between power exercises and actully lifting weights normally and doing cardio...

One will give me more efficiency and the other will make me look better. Both will do both actually, but one more than the other.

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Running, High Intesnsity Interval Training <<<read up on this for FAT LOSS, Condition, Speed, Explosiveness

Pylometrics.
    Face it, its mathematics, basics far from fake shit
    My mind is sacred, my skin shine like a Cuban bracelet
    Egyptian Pharaoh, potent ganja use to get me paro/paranoid
    Now I inhale from gun shots, through my double barrel

Weighted Situps/Side Bends = no good, they will actually stretch your waistline making your appear fatter.

Battle Record
    30-12

Quote Originally Posted by Kun Ive AH View Post
    Weighted Situps/Side Bends = no good, they will actually stretch your waistline making your appear fatter.

Enlighten me. . .

What do you do for your chest? What do you do for your tum tum?

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

Word... I also do more shoulder/lat and lower quad exercises than other exercises to appear taller.

Battle Record
    30-12

Quote Originally Posted by Show Gun View Post
    Word... I also do more shoulder/lat and lower quad exercises than other exercises to appear taller.

I was basically ignoring my shoulders when I started working. . then in the gym I decided to try pull-downs for my chest and inadvertantly starting working my shoulders. .

It's easy for me to see results there because i've never worked them before, but now that I know what I look and how I feel like afterwards, i'll never ignore them again.

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-2

pull down's for chest/shoulders? which one is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dez View Post
    Enlighten me. . .

What do you do for your chest? What do you do for your tum tum?
    Well the common person may think hey, when I work my arms, the fat "dissapears" but thats false, it has to due with your diet, you may get muscle but their will be fat, so why not try and target your obliques or "love handles" by bending to the side with weights. But for some reason your body doesn't accept it as the same as your chest would, it actually stretches your waist or stomach, causing it to look thicker/fatter. What works my stomach? Diet.

What excercises help build muscle? Roman chair lifts, situps, crunches, leg lifts, chair kicks.

For my chest, if your doing weights, I usually do incline/decline dumb bell bench presses, chest machines, and cables for my chest, pull ups, and wide grip/diamond pushups as well. Chest takes time to develop.

Right now my routine is this:
    PUSHUPS (ANY TYPE YOU CAN THINK OF INCLUDING HAND STAND PUSHUPS)
    LEG RAISES
    SITUPS
    CRUNCHES
    SEATED KICKS
    RUNNING/SPRINTS/BIKING
    BODY WEIGHT SQUATS
    SHADOW BOXING
    PULL UPS
    DIPS
    GORILLA CRUNCHES
    "WASHING MACHINES"
    Last edited by so serious; March 24th, 2007 at 10:37 PM

Yo I hope oyur not one of the people who do LAT pull downs and pull the cable behind ur back lol that shit isnt working anything. You should definitally work your shoulders hard, if your trying to compete for sports make sure your in range and not over training, if your trying to make yourself look good for appearanc eor the beach definitally work your shoulders + back nothing looks better to chicks thn the V shape.

Battle Record
    30-12

Yo I hope oyur not one of the people who do LAT pull downs and pull the cable behind ur back lol that shit isnt working anything. You should definitally work your shoulders hard, if your trying to compete for sports make sure your in range and not over training, if your trying to make yourself look good for appearanc eor the beach definitally work your shoulders + back nothing looks better to chicks thn the V shape.

Nah. . lol @ doing pull downs wrong. .

i'm just trying to look good. . and yeah, i've been fiending for the V for awhile now. .

Hows your diet.

Battle Record
    30-12

Hows your diet.

Shitty. . . I can feel the muscle underneath, it's hard. . but there is a layer of fat over it. . .

I do an hour or so of cardio a day though. .

Too much cardio nigga, ima be real, no matter how much cardio you do you wont ever go anywhere without at least a DECENTTTTTTT diet. Boxers dont even do an hour of cardio, nor runners. Heres what I try to do, get about 1g of protein per body lb. I dont eat bread MON - Fri, or Sunday. I eat oatmeal, eggs, nuts, fruit, veggies, meat. I try to keep things NATURAL, and not in the box. Fresh ingredients, homemade shit so I know what im cooking. Saturday I eat lotta bread, whatever I want basically, try to avoid sugars n shit unless its a bday or w/e.

Battle Record
    30-12

Too much cardio nigga, ima be real, no matter how much cardio you do you wont ever go anywhere without at least a DECENTTTTTTT diet. Boxers dont even do an hour of cardio, nor runners. Heres what I try to do, get about 1g of protein per body lb. I dont eat bread MON - Fri, or Sunday. I eat oatmeal, eggs, nuts, fruit, veggies, meat. I try to keep things NATURAL, and not in the box. Fresh ingredients, homemade shit so I know what im cooking. Saturday I eat lotta bread, whatever I want basically, try to avoid sugars n shit unless its a bday or w/e.

That's what I hear. . . and I do lose ALOT of weight when I do cardio. . I mean, my metabolism is insane. . . but I think it's more muscle than I would like to lose. . don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to get huge. . . right now i'm 5'11 214. . . I have about 15 extra pounds of fat on me. . trying to get to 200. . ideally, i'll be defined but not enormous. . like Jarule or Cuba Gooding during Jerry Macguire. .

but word at the diet though. . I noticed when I eat right, it's alot easier for me to do what I need to. . but damn it's hard. . especially when you are a single 20 year old dude who can't afford much more than junk. .

mehhh. .