User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Questions on Hinduism/India

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Questions on Hinduism/India

Not only do I myself want to see the critisism faced against Hinduism, but want to test my knowledge on any questions..

This is a thread to ask about anything you don't know, misunderstand or dislike about Hinduism.

If there isn't anything to be asked, then I'll be a happy person, knowing that people don't give enough of a shit to ask about the mother religion and country.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Spul Ka Trinde
    it goes to show how absent minded black people can be
    black people need to grow the fuck up
    dont talk to me about how blacks are mistreated when all they do is kil themselves
    and to top all that off he says...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    keeps sayin im rascist though i have never given a reason to be called it

Re: Questions on Hinduism/India

lol yeh^^.. that's what I was thinking.. they only care about targeting muslims, mostly.

When studying Hinduism, make sure you get a book that's made by well known and reputed Hindus... cause there's a lot of shit about it all the time.. and most people seem to think it's true... aka the reason for this thread.

dont talk to me about how blacks are mistreated when all they do is kil themselves

You're seriously dedicated to reading up on religous books aren't you?^^

I fucking respect that man..lol.. I'm even envious and hope to be able to do that myself one day... to be able to read upon religions properly, buying books etc.

Anyways... umm..

First things first.. to read the religoius scriptures.. (i would anyways)

Ramayan is probably the best book to read imo, but it's BAAARE long.. so I dunno if you would want to.

I'll send you a link by PM.. and I'll explain in the PM about it all.

I don't really know about any books etc. right now I'm reading Gandhi's autobiography/ experiments with the Truth.. which mostly shows the perfect mind of a conditioned Hindu. It's not just a hindu book though.. i'd recommend that to everyone as a good insight to Gandhi's mind and thus non-violence and truth.

I'll ask someone I know who knows about these kinds of things.. he'll give you a good list.

Banned
    Battle Record
    28-4

Read the KarmaSutra....

^^has every sex position ever!

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

im catholic i go to a catholic school i study world religons lol they say to know one religion is to know none thats why we learn em all. and hinduism is boring to me unlike other religions like Islam and buddism well maybe its cause i didn't read up on it much but i was bored
    De Kapitein

Quote Originally Posted by G£s†U®£s
    Read the KarmaSutra....

^^has every sex position ever!
    i believe its spelt kamasutra karma is like what affects your next life like if you do bad things
    De Kapitein

Saying Hinduism is boring means you've either read nothing.. or all the wrong things.

btw.. i wanna ask, what kinds of things have you actually learnt?? and what are your criticisms on certain things??

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist.
    im catholic i go to a catholic school i study world religons lol they say to know one religion is to know none thats why we learn em all. and hinduism is boring to me unlike other religions like Islam and buddism well maybe its cause i didn't read up on it much but i was bored

Don't know about yours but when we were learning about hinduism when i used to go to a catholic school..the basics were distorted and all that was presented was a bollywood lick of a religion. The teachers were to ignorant to teach Islam properly so the class never learnt much either. Plus all they wanted to learn was catholism and protestants varying beliefs.

Yeh that aswell^^... which is why i was asking him what he knew about the religion.. because I'm guessing 95% of it is wrong.

lol...

its either Opey or SMZ that did that and seem to think it was bias. or i might be getting mixed up with someone else completely else..

he was saying that in catholic school they 'freely' learnt about all other religions, prayed like them and even went to some of their religious events. he then said that he got a completely open view about all other religions.

thing is.. as open as it seems to be, it's not really.. because you're going on behalf of the church and you're representing the church.. and so you would be trying to present yourself as best as you could rather than try and learn about other cultures.

its one of the silliest tihngs to say ever, not matter how i seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by cant_think_of_1
    Saying Hinduism is boring means you've either read nothing.. or all the wrong things.

btw.. i wanna ask, what kinds of things have you actually learnt?? and what are your criticisms on certain things??
    true in some ways it was vague and probally distorted in every teaching of other religions we were taught but atleast i found Islam interesting not matter how vague it was

K.. but again I'll ask.. what was it that you learnt from whoever taught you??