User Tag List

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 75 of 514

Thread: Iran

Re: Iran

Quote Originally Posted by soneeyah
    you are the citizens of the country. Stand up and fight!
    (this is why they purposly keep people dumb.....they dont want a revolution)
    Your leader is supposed to be your representative.

I really dont understand how your government works though......you should have a system more like we have. MMP (mixed member parliament)

lol we're a country of pussies with leaders who pass themselves off as warhawks when they're just scared little panty waists.

we dont value freedom anymore, we only value the almighty dollar.

Arohanui :)

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Malarchuk
    lol....theres some revision to the war plan every few months or so and funds meant for other programs gets funneled into the war effort

most times theres no real explanation, or a bullshit one like "new terror cell in queens just sprung up"
    .......so to the people that say the USA cant go bankrupt - tell me why they need to take money out of essential programs such as social welfare and education?
    You'd think if they were so rich they would just have that money on hand.....right?

Battle Record
    30-12

you are the citizens of the country. Stand up and fight!
    Your leader is supposed to be your representative.

I really dont understand how your government works though......you should have a system more like we have. MMP (mixed member parliament)

This is how it works. Hundreds of assholes run for president, with the Democratic and Republican party electing to financially support the asshole who will best further their financial goals. So, eventually, we basically get down to two candidates, because it costs millions of dollars to run for president and most can't afford it. So, with these two candidates, you have one which will represent the Republicans, which are pro big-business, anti-abortion, pro-God, anti-minority and the Democrats, which are pro-gay, pro-abortion and then they flip-flop on everything else based on what Republicans say at the time. Sounds enticing doesn't it?

We elect representatives in each state. Their are 50 states and each one has an x amount of reps based on population. Now, when we vote for a president, all we are really doing is telling our state reps who we would prefer. Who actually gets elected can be different. I.E., George Bush' brother was is the governor of Florida, which is like being the president of the state. The election in 2000 came down to Florida being the last state, with whomever winning it being elected president. Mysteriously, the counties who voted for Gore had their ballots vanish. Hmm. . . There is one election Bush stole. In 2004, Bush ran again for re-election, and lost the vote 51 million to 49. Yet again, with the way the system is set up, Bush was elected due to the electoral college. Which is what I was talking about earlier, in that when we vote for president we just actually tell our representatives who we want to vote for. Basically, it's a flawed system. Not to mention the fact that Congress is supposed to keep a limit on the presidents powers, but instead voted for the Patriot Act. All they had to do was label it the 'Patriot Act', and then after 9/11 whoever didn't vote for it was committing political suicide. So, the Patriot Acts basically took the leash off of Bush, and then he used Karl Rove, one of the members of his cabinet, to go around and bribe Republican congressmen saying that if they didn't vote for what Bush was purposing, then they wouldn't get any more funding from the Republican party. Which means, they are out of the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bax
    This is how it works. Hundreds of assholes run for president, with the Democratic and Republican party electing to financially support the asshole who will best further their financial goals. So, eventually, we basically get down to two candidates, because it costs millions of dollars to run for president and most can't afford it. So, with these two candidates, you have one which will represent the Republicans, which are pro big-business, anti-abortion, pro-God, anti-minority and the Democrats, which are pro-gay, pro-abortion and then they flip-flop on everything else based on what Republicans say at the time. Sounds enticing doesn't it?

We elect representatives in each state. Their are 50 states and each one has an x amount of reps based on population. Now, when we vote for a president, all we are really doing is telling our state reps who we would prefer. Who actually gets elected can be different. I.E., George Bush' brother was is the governor of Florida, which is like being the president of the state. The election in 2000 came down to Florida being the last state, with whomever winning it being elected president. Mysteriously, the counties who voted for Gore had their ballots vanish. Hmm. . . There is one election Bush stole. In 2004, Bush ran again for re-election, and lost the vote 51 million to 49. Yet again, with the way the system is set up, Bush was elected due to the electoral college. Which is what I was talking about earlier, in that when we vote for president we just actually tell our representatives who we want to vote for. Basically, it's a flawed system. Not to mention the fact that Congress is supposed to keep a limit on the presidents powers, but instead voted for the Patriot Act. All they had to do was label it the 'Patriot Act', and then after 9/11 whoever didn't vote for it was committing political suicide. So, the Patriot Acts basically took the leash off of Bush, and then he used Karl Rove, one of the members of his cabinet, to go around and bribe Republican congressmen saying that if they didn't vote for what Bush was purposing, then they wouldn't get any more funding from the Republican party. Which means, they are out of the job.
    so basically, its a corrupt, rich mans game.
    how wonderful........

Battle Record
    30-12

so basically, its a corrupt, rich mans game.
    how wonderful........

Exactly. If you don't have money, you're powerless.

.......so to the people that say the USA cant go bankrupt - tell me why they need to take money out of essential programs such as social welfare and education?
    You'd think if they were so rich they would just have that money on hand.....right?

social welfare? HA!

what a joke.

among other things we're taught to ignore homeless people at all costs because they're all crackheads, drunks and fodder. they couldn't cut it in our capitalist system, so fuck them. if we care so much, we can scrape together the funds in our own time. poverty's ugly over here. not as bad as in other countries, but its inexcusable in a place where people can nibble on crab cakes and sip merlot near a warm fire while a dude outside is puking in an alley and re-examining it for nutritional content.

Quote Originally Posted by Bax
    Exactly. If you don't have money, you're powerless.
    hmmm makes me love my country even more

Battle Record
    30-12

social welfare? HA!

what a joke.

among other things we're taught to ignore homeless people at all costs because they're all crackheads, drunks and fodder. they couldn't cut it in our capitalist system, so fuck them. if we care so much, we can scrape together the funds in our own time. poverty's ugly over here. not as bad as in other countries, but its inexcusable in a place where people can nibble on crab cakes and sip merlot near a warm fire while a dude outside is puking in an alley and re-examining it for nutritional content.

Now let's all stand for the national anthem.

social welfare? HA!

what a joke.

thats disgusting.
    Its the system that turns people into those things and it is the system who should have measures in place to fix them. I had an American lecturer last semester from Berkeley (sp?) he said that he was amazed at how few homeless people we have in our cities.

Ive also heard your health system is pretty fucked up too - all user pays. (thats just what ive heard? I dont really know)

We really look after the poor over here. At the same time though, we have thousands of people ripping off the benefit (social welfare) and housing corp. But meh, Id rather have a few people rip it off than thousands of people who cant even feed their children.

Battle Record
    30-12

thats disgusting.
    Its the system that turns people into those things and it is the system who should have measures in place to fix them. I had an American lecturer last semester from Berkeley (sp?) he said that he was amazed at how few homeless people we have in our cities.

Ive also heard your health system is pretty fucked up too - all user pays. (thats just what ive heard? I dont really know)

We really look after the poor over here. At the same time though, we have thousands of people ripping off the benefit (social welfare) and housing corp. But meh, Id rather have a few people rip it off than thousands of people who cant even feed their children.

Americans are bred to think that self-preservation is the key to a happy life. We are told not to worry about anything, because our government will take care of us. Which is why, of course, most of us are retarded when it comes to the rest of the world, or our little world even.

As long as we have our SUV's, American Idol and McDonalds, we don't give a fuck what happens on the other side of the Atlantic. Or even down the street for that matter.

*moves to Calgary*

Battle Record
    78-5
    Awards 75+ Wins

The News-paper the other day said that we've used something like 2.4 Trillion dollars in the war in Iraq.

There's a lot of talk of china being able to take us over in about 20 years or so. As of now, they cant do it. And ummm, i dont really want them to in 20 years either.
    RB OG Triple OG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

fast.
    Battle Record
    7-6

Soneeyah is one of the only people actually making sense in this thread. Those who are steady talking about Saudi/American Relations and how the States can fuck up any nation are slightly confused and should take a political science class before they let AMERICAN BROADCASTING NETWORKS sway your beliefs. Things in Saudi Arabia aren't going as well as you think they are with Americans - Osama was a Saudi - a lot of the Saudi royal family is not "cool" with the relationship between their Nation and the Americans so when the current prince is out of the question A LOT of shit will change in the international world. There has been a lot of speculation that one of the reasons for invading Iraq was to establish a stable military HQ in the middle-east because the one currently stationed in Saudi Arabia is slowly becoming less and less reliable. Going to war with Iran is going to be a lot harder than war with Iraq, and go ahead ask Bush how easy that's proving to be right now - Then in war with Iran you have to worry about other Allied Muslim nations - they have a completely different war tactic than anything the Americans have dealth with (except for Iraq - and right now they're not fighting a winning battle there). I mean, the Americans probably could defeat Iran, but it would be devastating for them and their population/economy. Not to mention they are without a lot of allies many people oppose the Americans decision to go to war and wouldn't send troops - Canada is showing a more and more liberal stance in policies and the Liberal Party will probably win the next election, causing a decline in the number of support troops we've been providing since Harper came into power, not to mention the French/Germans/Chinese wouldn't get invovled. If America went to war with the Middle East China would emerge as the World's Super-Power and a lot of shit would change. As for China telling N. Korea to shut-up; China has also said that they would veto any effort the States made to place sanctions against them; they're trying to be neutral, but in the end the Commies will look out for the Commies. Vis and others, you need to really take an un-biased look at the future of your nation if you seriously think it will be a cake-walk for the American army in the Middle East.
    fastforwords.>>
    //WordPerfect

Battle Record
    3-2

i'm so tired of hearing about Iran and Iraq.

they are 3rd world urinals. a drain on all modern day society with their ass backwards way of life.

let them talk all the shit they want. i still don't care. i go to bed like.. hmm.. i hope i see some new ass tom. i wake up n think.. man.. new ass today.. never once is my thoughts plagued with Iran or Iraq.. shit's getting old. they are like some bad wrestler who keeps calling us out for a title shot but ends up just getting laughed at.. cuz that shit is a JOKE.
    WordPerfect

Battle Record
    30-12

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown
    Soneeyah is one of the only people actually making sense in this thread. Those who are steady talking about Saudi/American Relations and how the States can fuck up any nation are slightly confused and should take a political science class before they let AMERICAN BROADCASTING NETWORKS sway your beliefs. Things in Saudi Arabia aren't going as well as you think they are with Americans - Osama was a Saudi - a lot of the Saudi royal family is not "cool" with the relationship between their Nation and the Americans so when the current prince is out of the question A LOT of shit will change in the international world. There has been a lot of speculation that one of the reasons for invading Iraq was to establish a stable military HQ in the middle-east because the one currently stationed in Saudi Arabia is slowly becoming less and less reliable.

Like I said, I don't watch American news. And, like I said before, the Saudi government, not their people, are what support us. As for the SRF not liking us. . who cares? The only opinion that matters is King al-Saud. And right now, he loves us. As does his family. Wtf are you talking about. .

I swear, most foreigners will say anything to try and make an American look like he doesn't know what he's talking about. Even if they are completely wrong.

As for a war with Iran being devastating. . I highly doubt it. We've got that Saudi backing, like I said before. .

Battle Record
    30-12

Yep, the Saudis hate us.
    Last edited by Baxter D. Wall; April 1st, 2007 at 04:36 PM