Thread: Open Mic Mag Volume 4

Battle Record
    9-10

Open Mic Mag Volume 4

Open Mic Mag Volume 4
    Written by the two dopest cats this side of the internet

Intro
    (by Twixn...)

this weeks theme seems to be returning writers, i've seen some heads posting that i haven't seen post in om in ages. I'm going to keep the intro short this week and cut strait to the chase. The mag was again written by me and The Witness. i hope you enjoy, and your appreciation is a appreciated. peace.

Top 10 writers.
    (by Twixn...)

1. Atticus

What can i say... when it comes to concepts this guys the bomb shit... ahahaha but really, he comes with fresh ideas and ways of tackling a topic that blows most heads minds, and thats why hes on top this week. Despite not dropping too many om's over the last while, he still remains a titan and deserves the mention. his political writtens happen to be personal favorites, and im looking forward to reading more. Props atti.

2 Mindless

Like i said, an underrated legend to those that know this guy, he doesn't post that often in forums like the lounge, which i think is dope :P because he does so frigging much for the forums that matter and keep this site actually producing some dope Writtens. Oh yah... and he can write.... oh can he write, mindless brings that poetic feel to almost every piece and brings you right into it with intense imagery...as seen in A Thirteen's Odd Apollo-gies. He rips some insane metaphors in that piece also... check him out.

3. Engivale (written by the witness)

This dude has repeatedly proven himself to be one of the top writers on RB at the present time. He can come with some really awe inspiring shit, keeping the reader attached to his work, and loving every moment of it. People have commented on his flow being strange, or making it hard to read his piece, but I personally disagree, I think his flow is unique and very fluent. This dude is a dope writer, make sure to check out his shit.

4.Nique

I'm not too sure nique has dropped alot lately, but she still hits my list. Like i said last week she's got a flow that immediately captivates readers, and this in essence makes her content that much more enriching. Nique is one of those rare writers among sites like the 3 above that brings something extra to the plate with there own uniqueness while still covering all the of the aspects of a great topical. Props.

5. Exact

React to this guy, cause though underdog'ed i would say heavily he brings a new touch to rb that i think is necisary for writers on here, not just the useless shit talkers who post crap random talking, this guy brings new fresh concepts and pulls them off in his own little way. Not just itelligent when he posts om's this guy brings intelligence in almost everything he talks about when just posting in places like SS chat. Thouugh he tends to ramble at times, usually it is pretty focused in strange way and comes off as pretty smart. Watch for peices from this guy, im going to try to read more of his work so i have more to base off this guy. i think hell be sticking around.

6. Vortext

though he posts like a Sub Gagnster/wigger/wahteveryouwannacallit/ farmer turned rapper. He has a style all of his own, that i have watched adapt over time. He has just improved so much, that he deservers this mention as much as anyone else on here. Definatly the most inproved writter these last couple of months in my books. His style almost resembles that of some of the top heads obviously not on purpose, he seems his own way of ending every peice that always grabs my attention.

7. Feeble Minded

Comes with that raw rap feeling that i think OM has been missing lately, i mean split writes a decent audio, but feeble knows how to handle a topical to its fullest reaching out to the boundries of the basic in the topical game. His flow is pretty insane in my opinion and i think this jew here knows how to rock that yamica like a roatating frisbee,..... he draws attention of almost everyone when he drops.

8.. Kaotic.Theory

Ive written with thise guy quite a few times, and i must say he covers the basics very well, you'll always notice his structure is usually close to imacualte, and lately he seems to be comming back into the scene slowly. He still seems a bit rusted compared to what i know this guy is capable of, apologies if you have been writting lately but i know you once dropped alot more peices. Good to see you still got the talent.

9.The Witness.

Fellow mag writter here... This crew jumper (for some reason seems to be in every crew on rb) is one guy that i have watched elevtate over time and seen his skills develope. He seems to drop pretty consistent, though i think underatted at times he shines through when he needs to. Defenitly seen this guys multi's increase adding a new movement to his peices and creating a flow anyone could jive with. His poetic feel is still usually there, and when poetry like peices flow as well as a strait topical, i think it comes out beautifully and the witness demonstrates that very well. Check him out in the SS tourney.

10. Twixn... (written by the witness)

This dude is in my eyes, inconsistent. I’m not saying he comes with bad pieces, but just that one day he would come with something spectacular that completely blows you away with the intense imagery and beautiful story telling. Other times his pieces are not as good, they are still of high quality compared to most, but not on the level that I expect to see from him. This dude has so much raw talent, it’s crazy. He just needs to concentrate more, and become consistent with his work.

Special shout out to f-gee... didin't have quite enough peices to hit the list... but he definatly has skills out of this weeks drops.

Top 5 rookies
    (by The Witness)

5. Belligerent

Remaining in fifth place because I have seen consistency, which has please me a lot. He is still coming with some pieces that aren’t up to the standard I expect from him, but they are still nice enough reads. Needs to work on his storytelling if he wishes to elevate further.

4. Mindful Theories

This dude has been dropping consistently nice, and is definitely showing a lot of potential in his Oms. There are still a few factors that need to be worked on, but practice makes perfect, and perfection makes happy readers . He could be a very good writer once he gets experience and works on his setbacks. Look out for him in the future ya’ll.

3. Ink Edible

Another nice writer, with a lot of potential to be dope. I was reading his shit recently and he struck me as a very talented writer. He is unlike a lot of writers in this forum because he can actually put together a comprehensible piece, and make it hit home. But his wording threw me off a lot of the time, which is a damn shame because I was really enjoying his piece. Also he could use a wider vocab, but that’s not too important. Props dude, you’re getting there.

2.Thomas

Dude has went to number two this week, not particularly because of anything to do with his writing, but because unfortunately some more polished writers have come along and jumped ahead of him in my rankings. I still think he can be very very good, and is already starting to show it. He should elevate a lot more now that he is in the artis’tree and I wish him the best of luck

1. Rival/Axeshun

This dude can really put a piece together, and had really started to show it in the last week or two. I’m sorry I didn’t have him in the last mag, I only just saw his shit in the last few days, and was seriously stunned by the complexity of it. I like his work, and with a bit of elevation, he could be challenging for a place in the top 10 very soon. I hope he keeps writing, he has a lot of potential.

Collab of the week
    (Chosen by The Witness)

Les Miserables/Society Exploited
    by lw Truth lw and Baron P mortus

Truth
    My dreams were gone--when a pimp ran away with my mom
    was forced to work odd jobs selling product for modern day dons
    trying to blow up- like bombs-over the babies of Baghdad
    so sad when you’re just another statistic no money no job--no dad
    yeah right-I bet your crying right now- bout the lost blacks
    like slaves who died seeing America & threw into the ocean in sacks
    repetitive traits of a country - legislative muscle flexing equals oppression
    the depression-cultural recession-leaves our spirits lessened
    & it doesn't matter because our uprising is out of history books forever
    so clever-promise them a future always-but make good on it-never
    until we severe some ones head from their neck
    and we end up in a cell like they came to expect

Baron
    I’m a doctor at panning predators with big bans
    Like banning creditors--only to burn--debtor’s lands
    if I do a handstand will I get a grand--of paper
    99.9% of them are laced--with coke dirty rape-r
    Stuttering later—selling condoms for an oral caper
    Mixing dough with pure powder- it’s a real cake-uh
    What about lil Lucy living a lamb- in a laboratory
    A troubled—story—like a knight slain by his armory
    Why God Why God Why God—said it 3 times ya see
    Only voice I heard was pac saying, “Bury me a G”
    So I’ll bury the toy soldier—in a clean casket
    Lived a plastic—life and died—by a drastic-knife
    Never cried—poured flowery water—over his grave
    Was devastated—life’s fragile—like an old man’s fuck
    Rising too fast—back breaks—like a flimsy iced tux
    Interview
    With Atticus

the wittyness: I'm here with the current SS champion and OM mod atticus, sup man? thanks for agreeing to do this interview

Brownnumber18: yeah, no problem man

the wittyness: ok, first of all, your recent switch from Po'ethics to AI. What are your reasons for leaving po'?

Brownnumber18: you know, in my head I wasn't thinking of it as leaving Po, because there wasn't anything I DIDN'T like or was unhappy with.. it was more just that I was looking to elevate

Brownnumber18: I kind of brought up coming to AI jokingly in their forum, and Nah just told me if I beat him and went champ in SS I'd be rostered, and like that it happened

Brownnumber18: then issues arrouse, out my own ignornace and stupidity.. when I just never thought to give a note of my leaving to Po'Ethics

the wittyness: coolio, I don't think the members of Po' where too happy with you after that, do they still hold animosity?

Brownnumber18: you know it put a lot of my family up in arms, and really bothered a lot of people to whom I'm tight with and that wasn't my intention
    Brownnumber18: I attempted to apologize in the forums, but the issue was too current and everyone was pretty heated

Brownnumber18: but I've since spoke to Sharp on aim and we smoothed out.. I haven't gotten a chance to really talk to Mindless though, and, I really feel like he was the one who felt most betrayed by the move

Brownnumber18: and Mind, as you know was my boy in Abstanti, and we'd started collabing before that and he basically raised my writing
    Brownnumber18: I would never want to squash that friendship you know?
    Brownnumber18: so, still kind of waiting and giving time for that to fully smooth out.. it sucks, but, it's my own fault and I understand that
    the wittyness: yea, I think mindless was affected the most, you two have been cool for as long as I can remember, and you're collab in legends shows just how well you work together. Do you think you will ever be as close to him as you were?

Brownnumber18: I hope we can get past, I mean, as I said it was purely my fault.. I really just wasn't thinking fully when I made that move, not even the move though, it was just the way I left that bothered people
    Brownnumber18: so, I can't really say, but.. Abstanti was just bumped back to the top, with both myself and Mindless organizing an old collab that got sat on

Brownnumber18: so.. that's a step forward
    the wittyness: word, well moving on. You are currently the SS champ, do you think you can keep that tile the whole way through the tourny?
    Brownnumber18: you know, I could never say.. these long stretch battles and leagues and shit really aren't my game. I kind of just came back to further my name to a larger group of Rb since it seemed like really only the poets truly knew who I was

Brownnumber18: now that I've done that, it's going to be a struggle to stay consistent

Brownnumber18: but I mean.. I'm pretty bipolar with the whole thing, one day I dont want to write, and the next I write a verse at someone 170+ lines (sorry Nah)

the wittyness: well, I think you've achieved just that from your time in SS, you are now widely regarded as one of the top writers on RB. what/who gives you inpiration to write like you do?

Brownnumber18: ha, you know, it can almost solely be pinned on one band/singer.. Cedric Bixler-Zavala of The Mars Volta. I've given this name out to a few people to check out, and everyone one of them has come back with a new understanding of my writing in both poetry and Om's. the guy is amazing.. it's really just something you've got to hear.

Brownnumber18: he's a huge inspiration and it shows throughout my works, some of which directly quote and run off of Zavala's own pieces
    the wittyness: I'd like to listen to him some time. Is there anyone in particular that you see being a very good writer in the future?

Brownnumber18: oh, definitely.. you know, every now and then I'll stumble along a new Om'er who just, you can tell. just the other day I read works from a kid named Pious ('The Joker's Dismay') and another guy named Ink Edible ('Silence is Golden..') both who I see being the future of Rb if they stick around.

.Brownnumber18: then of course you have your semi-rookies like Engivale and Ninjah Red who are already breaking through that 'new-comer' status and growing into very well known and respected writers on this site. aswell with my boys LegendZ and Soulstice who, will keep that Abstanti style alive
    for awhile

the wittyness: word, I have fallen in love with Engivale's writing recently lol and Ninjah Red has really started to shine. Ok, as OM mod, you're bound to see newcomers with a lot of potential, is there anyone you think should be given more recognition, but doesn't get seen as much because they aren't in SS competing with the best?

Brownnumber18: you know, oddly enough with the new comers it's all pretty relative since they all feed and respond amongst themselves

Brownnumber18: the most overlooked I would have to say would be Mindless actually

Brownnumber18: out of everyone, he drops some of the most epic and original pieces, and one by one I see them all drift back with a reply or 2 max.. never upped, never "RTF"-ed, nothing. just drop and then they go unnoticed a lot
    the wittyness: word, dude is one of the best writers, yet doesn't get much feed, and is very under rated.

the wittyness: ok, your dream collab?

Brownnumber18: ah..
    Brownnumber18: LegendZ and unspoken, with Sharp dropping brief interjections for the transitions.. poetry of course.

the wittyness: unspoken still writes? and yea that sounds dope.
    the wittyness: ok Engivale vs Mindless?

Brownnumber18: I'd say Mind.. Eng really lacks any creative element, as far as I've seen. he has strong fundamentals, but just never seems to say anything new. where as Mind has ultra creative fundamentals, and his approaches/concepts are always pretty left of center

the wittyness: Legendz vs Ninjah Red?

Brownnumber18: LegendZ.. I honestly feel like if he TRULY cared, he could take out the greater majority of this site, including myself pretty easily. he's a quiet giant in a sense.

the wittyness: Nique vs Nahlidge?

Brownnumber18: ha.. well, hm
    Brownnumber18: I want to say Nique, but at the same time Nah is another one of those writers who doesn't often try his hardest, because he just doesn't have to. I don't know, I'm going to say Nique but I wouldn't mind actually seeing this one go down

the wittyness: ok, and finally, Tim vs Laureate?

Brownnumber18: Tim.. Laur has been struggling lately with finding the line between poem and open mic. Tim on the other hand seems to have more of a definate idea of what he's doing, and although he seems to drop pretty inconsistantly, the bottom line is that when he does his thing.. he leaves some beautiful work for the boards.

the wittyness: word. So last but not least, any shout outs?

Brownnumber18: definitely.. big shouts to Nique and Nahlidge, both have been giving me a hand lately. Brix for that mod spot. Love always to my Abstanti family. also, I want to just give a shout out to Po'Ethics and Mindless. I've got nothing but love for you guys, and, I've got to apologize for what happened before.

the wittyness: word, well thanks for doing this. Peace dude

Brownnumber18: definitely, keep this mag up you're (you mean you guys are doing a great job :P) doing a great job man

Brownnumber18: one last thing, if i don't get this off my chest i'll wake up in the night in a cold sweat. i just wanna say... i have a raging fetish for flamingos... anything that can stand on a leg that long... dosen't need to be a topical champion. peace my children.

WTF @

Method's posts in our last mag. nuff said.

People beggin to be in the mag's... (proove it please)

soulstice probably no showing against me in the SS tourney

The witness and his antics (hahah kidding)

irony.

the level of whackness still displayed by wannabe gangsters.
    Last edited by Twixn...; January 11th, 2007 at 07:29 PM
    READ MORE

Soule

Re: Open Mic Mag Volume 4

Dope,

Battle Record
    9-10

rofl... i got the rookies places mixed up (edit)
    READ MORE

Can't teach you my swag! D. Josey's Avatar
    Battle Record
    41-9
    Awards 25+ Wins

coolio.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Soule

Damn, I liekd being number one. But yeah, I've been working on my story telling. Its slightly elevating. Wont be long till I'm with you guys in the major leagues, I hope.

Battle Record
    9-10

thanks for the support btw... i wouldn't really wanna do this mag alongside the witness if no one was enjoying it.
    Last edited by Twixn...; January 11th, 2007 at 07:20 PM
    READ MORE

Soule

I love your mags. You two do great jobs.

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

Yup dope mag..though there were better colabs this week..nonetheless..a very good read and i believe both writers should stay intact for the next issue.

Battle Record
    9-10

^ word... i thought that too about the collabs... but i think it was just rushed in at the end... and that one was definatly worth mention at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Belligerant
    I love your mags. You two do great jobs.
    thanks dude :P
    READ MORE

Can't teach you my swag! D. Josey's Avatar
    Battle Record
    41-9
    Awards 25+ Wins

That interview was dope, and Atticus, I stand behind your move of strongholds.

Twix and Wit, it would help if you bolded everyother name in the interview to make it easier on our eyes.

Thanks.

You guys should go by Twit. That would be dope.

k-seeya.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Soule

Battle Record
    9-10

btw... atticu's last comment is not actually atticus :P.

rofl at twit.
    READ MORE

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

sexy mag

tho you should mention the hambugerler more
    http://www.caughtatwork.net/ratings/...hamburglar.gif
    De Kapitein

Brownnumber18: one last thing, if i don't get this off my chest i'll wake up in the night in a cold sweat. i just wanna say... i have a raging fetish for flamingos... anything that can stand on a leg that long... dosen't need to be a topical champion. peace my children.
    lmao..
    po'ethics /
    abstanticollective.

I'm wack.
    Battle Record
    1-2

Dope...

And I'm trying to work on my wording, but it's hard to get away from the multi based ish...

Good ish tho...Also, good motivation
    This is my signature...