Thread: Open Mic, The Mag: Volume 2.

..in chains? Naw!
    Battle Record
    5-2
    Awards SS Season Champion

Open Mic, The Mag: Volume 2.

Open Mic Magazine volume 2.(12/27/06).
    (Written by dj. Edited by Brixton.)

Welcome to the second issue of the OM Mag. Last week was nice, and we saw a lot more drops with some heads wanting to get mentioned, so good job to those who made it in last a couple weeks back. This week will be kind of different, just hope you enjoy the read. Hope everybody had a dope xmas etc, so lets quit the b/s and get to finding out who's writing what!

Top 10 writers.

10.Penlord.
    Dj: Has one of the most creative minds. He can turn any normal played every day topic to one of the worst, sickest drops you read. Or turn it to one of the most beautiful crafted pieces you have read. No matter what his work will not let you down. Check his latest, “Double Vision”.
    Brixton: Can boast too much at times, but is getting to a point where people WANT to read his work. Props.

9.Xtreme Malice.
    Dj: A creative writer. Honestly doesn’t have a lot of flaws in his work. Everything he writes seems to get good feed but gets slept on a lot. Make sure you check his newest “Never Ending Cycle”.
    Brixton: Started reading shit late from this guy, but he's doing well. Just has to grasp that originality factor.

8.LegendZ
    Dj: A very creative mind right here. I have read almost all of his latest works and I've been left to want more. He can put together a story out of any topic you hand him. Make sure you check his latest; “Welcome To My World: Justifiable Homicide”.
    Brixton: Guy has mad flow. Most of the time, people only grip flow and let other shit faulter.. I have still yet to see him do that!

7.Nique.
    Dj: I have never seen her work. But she can flow like damn. She doesn’t even seem to pay attention to the story but can certainly distract us with her flow to notice she don’t even know wtf the plot is. Which is really good and can definately win her a spot in HOF soon?
    Leave her some feed on her latest; “A Secret Life”.
    Brixton: Probably my favourite write on the site. Dj musn't know Nique at all, which is why I have to have my words. She'll flow "like damn", and her content will be well worth the read. She HAS the knack we all want..

6.Cry.
    Dj: Haven’t seen to much of his topical. But just read his latest piece, and it didn’t dissappoint me at all. He has a very creative mind that knows how to flow and make you feel the emotion in his work. Check out his latest; “The Story of Abraham: and the man who holds him”.
    Brixton: Just skimmed through his latest piece and to be honest, I quite liked it. Flowed nice, but had a bland edge. One to look out for though.

5.Ex Cal.
    Dj: He seems to be at his best since he has returned. Almost every piece he puts out is creative and always catches the reader’s eye with his flow and even structure. He knows how to put together a nice piece and has never let me down personally with his work.
    Make sure to leave him some feed on his new piece “Broken tears, Cupids mistake”.
    Brixton: Lol, hard right here for me to explain my opinion on this guys writing ability. He CAN write, but it seems to me he's writing like we did 2 years ago.. in an emotive sense I mean. Most pieces feel the same. Nice either way though.

4.Vortex.
    Dj: He has moved up, his work is only getting better. He is putting more and more effort into his work and has been coming a lot more creative. He is going to be one of the best poets RB has to offer if he keeps elevating like this. Make sure to check his new piece “Why?”.
    Brixton: Guy has always been good, and he's finally putting content with his shit consistently. Will be annoying the shit outta people for years to come.. but also dropping dope.

3.Evolve.
    Dj: Has moved up a lot in my rankings. After reading his new drop I noticed how slept on he is. He is one head that should always get some of the most feed right when his drop hits. His new piece is filled with emotion and makes you feel like you we’re right there in it.
    Make sure to leave him some feed on “Deep Rest”.
    Brixton: For people like Dj, Evolve should be a person to learn off. Original OM inovator on Rb, incorporating flow/content all the time.. Don't think he'll ever fall off.

2.The Witness.
    Dj: Very creative writer and he can even come with true stories. His new piece has to be one of my favorites of his that I have read. Flow and wordplay was just amazing, the way he came at the topic was still even that much better. Make sure to check, “good/evil intensions”.
    Brixton: Elevated quick to compete with people, and payed off for him. He's done better than I thought he would, and still continues to surprise.

1.D.H.Brixton.
    Dj: He has defiantly out shined every writer these last 2 weeks. Not much to say that I haven’t said yet. Leave him some feed on “All You Need Is”.
    Brixton: He's a prick.

Top 3 Collaborations.

3.War of Worlds, by DJ… & Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by LedgenZ
    Well, this piece definitely had great potential if nothing else. I wish It was a little longer and somewhat more direct, however, for what it was - it was good. A lot of eloquent wording poured over a heap of crafty rhymes. Nothing spectacular - but nothing to diss. Definitely top quality technique, just needs a little more elaboration to fill in the spaces. All in all nice job from the both.
    2.Battle of the Sexes, by Mazerka&Mansin Creative like damn. Each put there best into it and showed that new guys got what it takes. Very well put together and neither out shined the other. Just put together and flowed nicely on each side.

1.The sense of nonsense, by Atticus Ft. Brixton & Edicius.
    Well put together, flowed well on pretty much every line for each verse. They deffintly weren’t 100% when they did this. If each dropped there best this would’ve outdone a lot of collab's wrote in the past. Either way, it was nice to see these writers put a piece together on RB.

Top 5 Rookies.

5.Belligerant
    He elevates after every piece he drops. He's underrated. Not much I can say from the last issue but he does deserve to get noticed and be raised from 9 to 5 in my rankings.

4.DJ…
    Guy can get to grips here and there but needs to read past work to try and make aspects of his writing stand out. Not for lack of trying, this kid could be in the top 10 one day.
    Written by Brix

3.lw Truth lw.
    A Very creative head and has gone through some elevation. Only has a couple off lines but makes up for it with his creative mind and knowing how to flow.

2.Forum.
    Now an SS head and is only going to get better. Not much left to say that hasn’t been said. Just keep you’re eye on this kid.

1.Grimreapa.
    An SS head and has collabed with many of today’s greats. Has even had heads like Bounce comment on his skill and that one day he will be great.

WTF'S @:

Atticus not hitting the list.
    The short ass descriptions, lol.
    dj quoting his shit, lol.
    Brixton being number 1.. ugh :-)

Outro.
    Sorry for this being not so in-detail but not much time lol. I will only review what I have read. My bad if I missed any great drops. Make it so me and Brix see them and you’ll get mentioned. Only once a month I will do the Top 3 oms. And the Top 3 rookie drops. But this is all for this issue. Keep up everyone.
    Brixton: Like dj stated above, this mag' was drew up quick by him, and I edited shit here and there today. I'll be asking a few more people to mags as I'd rather see difference of opinions etc come across in the mags. This maybe brief, but at least it gives an outline to what is going in.

Thanks.

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Re: Open Mic, The Mag: Volume 2.

wtf not being mention ps brix wuv you
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    9-10

nice mag...

glad to see someone snagged my 10 spot :P

damn ss being closed *shakes fist*
    READ MORE

..in chains? Naw!
    Battle Record
    5-2
    Awards SS Season Champion

Twixn, you interested in writing the next mag?
    ArtificialIntelligence
    Sacred Scriptures Champ: 2006.....Brixton

Battle Record
    24-7

nice mag i enjoyed it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twixn...
    nice mag...

glad to see someone snagged my 10 spot :P

damn ss being closed *shakes fist*
    ss got closed i thought we were having a tourny

and brix i wanna help
    De Kapitein

Front Lines Killer
    Battle Record
    5-0

dope mag

Battle Record
    8-3

kewl

Battle Record
    14-2

Good shit.

Can't teach you my swag! D. Josey's Avatar
    Battle Record
    41-9
    Awards 25+ Wins

retarded mag

cause . . .

i'm not on the staff.

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

Dope good work, gives the om section more of a direction.

Battle Record
    62-46
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion FL Champion PS Champion/IE Champion WOP Champion OM HOF PC HOF 50+ Wins

damn

i mean i drop consistant OM;s yet i still get no redognition whatsoever man shits GAY
    ARTIFICIAL | PO'ETHICS | INTELLIGENCE

Soule

Woot Number 5 yo!

Innovator.
    Battle Record
    1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    Dj: I have never seen her work. But she can flow like damn. She doesn’t even seem to pay attention to the story but can certainly distract us with her flow to notice she don’t even know wtf the plot is. Which is really good and can definately win her a spot in HOF soon?
    A Secret Life was about a man who was gay..on the down low..the other topics were "You're Lost", so the intentions were for you to understand the story vaguely with me not going in depth at all. And I have 11 HOF mentions wtf. I don't mind being mentioned at all, but if you're going to mention me at least have knowledge on who I am.
    AI. Legendary.
    19x HOF. Seven Titles. 50.

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

yay, i was in a open mic magazine :\

*feels good about himself*