User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: what equipment should I buy?

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    0-3

what equipment should I buy?

I've ordered a Shure Beta58A and an m-audio fast track soundcard. I've got about $300 to spend on audio stuff, so there any other equipment I should buy? (and i don't mean things I could make at home such as mic stand and pop filter)

Also is it worth me buying a cheap mixer? I'm only recording vocals so I don't know if I need one or not.
    Last edited by fernoe; November 4th, 2006 at 04:12 PM

I had the fast track at one point and time.. Good beginners tool. Give more details on your setup. You already got software? If so... I would just suggest a pre-amp but your not using a condensor... My boys got my old audix dynamic mic and my fast track and has been making some decent shit... I used to make ok sounding stuff with it too. Really I would spend the 300 on some good software, learn the software really good with your equipment you got now... Then when you want to up your mic and interface and shit you will already have the program down you know? BTW what kinda computer you got?

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins
    there is no need to EVER buy software... EVER. Do you hear me..?! NO NEED EVER... Do not listen to this dude...

what you should do... is NOT buy that mic... put that money plus that other 300 into a better mic... such as the NT1A... or the AT4040 I think it that's the name...

another suggestion... sell the shure... get a nt1a... and a preamp. save around 500 for a preamp... focusrite voice master... grace 101... dbx 356... etc...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    2-1
    dudes have platinum plaques usin cracked versions of Fruity Loops and Cool Edit

not saying they didnt work hard and make really good connections to get those album placements
    but its very possible.
    <center><hr>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yayer.

Yea I guess since in the past every time I downloaded software I had somekind of problem or little glitch with it, I just think it's better for the longrun just to buy it.... But take his advice don't listen to me.....

Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by JayFro407
    Yea I guess since in the past every time I downloaded software I had somekind of problem or little glitch with it, I just think it's better for the longrun just to buy it.... But take his advice don't listen to me.....

I have 10-15,000 dollars worth of programs... I didn't pay for... no problems.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Heat
    I have 10-15,000 dollars worth of programs... I didn't pay for... no problems.

and you're proud of that because? lol

Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by quietb03
    and you're proud of that because? lol

because I'm not struggling to try and do it... I'm not stressing about the program like you are... at the end of the day it's not a "proud" thing... it's a I need it... I got it. period.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

Coming Soon

You've Earned a Custom Title! RiQue's Avatar
    Yeah, just download it pretty much every program is on the net and isn't hard to find.