User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 101

Thread: Are you a producer or a beatmaker?

You've Earned a Custom Title! RiQue's Avatar
    You can be both shut the fuck up.

You can make beats and sell them off and not produce them just for the money. To other people you don't affiliate with.

And at the same time make beats and produce for the people you work with personally.

Which would make you BOTH.
    Just because you answer both does not mean you don't know what producing is lol.

Some people can make a beat and sell it off its like some people how every girl they are with they like to treat them as their girlfriend. When others are more selective and mess around with a lot of girls and only make a few their actual girlfriend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    LOL

i think you really underestimatin what it means to be a producer.

and if you say both then you consider yourself a producer....... although nobody else might consider you a producer

nice sig by the way

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some beat makers/producers that make beats and produce for major labels have catalogues set up online to show the beats they have for sale a lot of the time if the label buys the beat they don't need you to produce the track because they have other people who already do. That does not mean that they aren't producers producing tracks for their own artist on their own time. It isn't always in your hands to produce the track so sometimes you cant and you have to settle for just selling the beat for the money doesn't mean you aren't a producer.

^that post was obviously stupid as hell

if they sell beats online but produce for a label they still producers

i dont get what you dont understand about this, its so simple

They are also beat makers if they make beats to sell them for profit and don't PRODUCE the actual track they made the beat for.
    I think you are over-estimating what a producer is. Look up the definition of a producer and then tell me you can't be both.

Quote Originally Posted by RiQue
    Look up the definition of a producer and then tell me you can't be both.
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain
    lol, and for the people saying "both"... you consider yourself a producer then.

cuz a beatmaker cannot be a producer, but a producer can make beats.
    word

im not gonna waste my time

You are only riding his dick that's why you agree with him. Whatever information he knows does not make him a dictionary. You can believe what you want but atleast use your own head and not his... Penis

Battle Record
    5-3
    you dont even understand Rique...
    once you ARE A PRODUCER...
    that's it.

Producers can MAKE AND SELL BEATS, and not ever see the artist there selling it too.

Once you've reached that tier were your considered a producer, you've already passed the level of beatmaker.

beatmaker > producer.

thats why i said, not all beatmakers can produce, but all producers know how to make beats, and songs.

it's a level.

not 2 seperate jobs.

it's like "apprentice, and master".
    you cant be an apprentice and a master...

you get what im sayin now?
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    5-3
    Quote Originally Posted by I Am..
    I honestly don't know any people who are just beatmakers. I mean, your either a producer or your not. You can't be half a producer who only makes a beat, then sells it to an aritst, who in turn gives it to another producer to help "direct" the song. It dosen't make sense. I can't think of a single example where it has happened.

Or maybe I just misunderstood what Kris was asking.

you did.

and the person who your describing that you've never seen.... is called an Executive Producer.

they do work you say you've never seen happen... every day.

learn something new everyday huh?
    Welcome to reality.

i wouldnt call myself a producer, unless i had a job, being a producer.....i know how to produce, i produce my own shit, and i have produced other peoples shit a few times....but its not like its an every day thing and im gettin money for it....my name aint on no cd or vinyl sayin producer....
    so i make beats....

Battle Record
    37-1
    i'm a spic

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins
    spic means beanmaker in american....
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Battle Record
    2-1
    ghost ride the whip!
    <center><hr>

yayer.

I would say that I'm a beatmaker making the transition into becoming a producer...I'm just now starting to critique emcees/vocalists and direct moods and feelings of different tracks...it's harder than I thought...but I'll get it...

and Needlz is considered a producer even though he hasn't worked with most of the people that he's produced for...just for the record...
    Last edited by WillieWil; October 4th, 2006 at 07:52 PM
    Self Made... You just affiliated.

Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin on you...? You could have better gear and couldnt style it on me...

Battle Record
    2-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ether
    I would say that I'm a beatmaker making the transition into becoming a producer...I'm just now starting to critique emcees/vocalists and direct moods and feelings of different tracks...it's harder than I thought...but I'll get it...

and Needlz is considered a producer even though he hasn't worked with most of the people that he's produced for...just for the record...

jus cuz some one else thinks this much of one person doesent mean i have to

as far as im concerned needlz makes beats jus like i do

timbaland produces songs
    rodney jerkins (dark child) produces songs
    jd (despite being too short to grab the keyboard) produces songs

and it doesent mean they have to make the beat even

the producer is somebody that the label trusts with enough experience to turn out a good quality song using all elements (music, vocals)

mmmmmmmmmaybe thats why needlz cant get into the studio?
    <center><hr>

yayer.