User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 57

Thread: Big Ben, hurt Badly

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Big Ben, hurt Badly

Roethlisberger was in serious but stable condition late Monday night after breaking his jaw and nose in a motorcycle crash earlier in the day.

Roethlisberger, the youngest quarterback to lead a team to the Super Bowl championship, was taken to Pittsburgh's Mercy Hospital, where he underwent seven hours of surgery.

It was not immediately known whether the accident would affect Roethlisberger's chances of playing this season.

Dr. Harry W. Sell, chairman of the hospital's surgery department, told reporters that four doctors operated on Roethlisberger for multiple facial fractures and that "all of the fractures were successfully repaired."

Doctors are unaware of any other serious injuries, but said Roethlisberger remained in serious but stable condition, according to Dr. Daniel Pituch, who led the team of doctors caring for the star player.

"His brain, spine, chest and abdomen appear to be without serious injury and there are no other confirmed injuries at this time," he said.

Roethlisberger's condition was not expected to change through the night, and no updates were expected until Tuesday afternoon. Doctors declined to release further information, at his family's request.

The hospital's chief of trauma, Dr. Larry Jones, said earlier that Roethlisberger "was talking to me before he left for the operating room."

"He's coherent," Jones said. "He's making sense. He knows what happened. He knows where he is. From that standpoint, he's very stable."

Steelers coach Bill Cowher arrived Monday night at the hospital, where several of Roethlisberger's teammates, including defensive end Brett Keisel, had also gathered.

Team president Art Rooney II said the team was "encouraged by the early reports from the medical team" at the hospital.

"I am sure Ben knows that we are praying for his complete recovery," he said.

The 24-year-old Roethlisberger wasn't wearing a helmet, Pittsburgh police said. He has said he likes to ride without one, a habit that once prompted a lecture from Cowher.

Roethlisberger was on his black 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa traveling east on 2nd Avenue toward an intersection at the edge of downtown at about 11:10 a.m., police said. A silver Chrysler New Yorker traveling in the opposite direction took a left hand turn and collided with the motorcycle, and Roethlisberger was thrown from the bike, police said.

The other car was driven by a woman identified in published reports Tuesday as Martha Fleishman, 62, of Pittsburgh. The car was registered in Maine, where she has a summer home, police said. No charges were filed.

"She really feels terrible about the whole thing, and we certainly wish him a speedy recovery," said her husband, Martin Fleishman.

He declined to comment on his wife's condition, except to say, "She's doing as best as she can."

Sandra Ford, of Pittsburgh, was waiting at a bus stop nearby when she said she saw the motorcycle approach the intersection. Seconds later, she said she heard a crash, saw the cyclist in the air and ran toward the crash scene.

"He wasn't moving and I was afraid that he had died ... He wasn't really speaking. He seemed dazed, but he was resisting the effort to make him stay down," said Ford, who didn't realize the motorcyclist was Roethlisberger until she went home later and turned on the TV.

In only his second year in the NFL, Roethlisberger helped guide the Steelers to the Super Bowl title in February at age 23. Training camp for next season begins at the end of July.

Several teammates, including backup quarterback Charlie Batch, linebacker Joey Porter and safety Mike Logan, arrived at the hospital emergency room but did not comment. Roethlisberger's stepmother was crying as she arrived at the hospital Monday afternoon.

Roethlisberger has said in the past that he prefers not to wear a helmet when riding his motorcycle. He has pointed out Pennsylvania's state law requiring helmets to be worn was repealed in September 2003.

In May 2005, Cowher warned him about safe riding after Cleveland tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident. Winslow tore knee ligaments and was lost for the season.

"He talked about being a risk-taker and I'm not really a risk-taker. I'm pretty conservative and laid back, but the big thing is to just be careful," Roethlisberger said at the time. "I'll just continue to be careful. I told him we don't ever ride alone, we always ride in a group of people, and I think it makes it even more safe."

According to the Suzuki Web site, the Hayabusa is the fastest production bike made.

Roethlisberger continued to ride after Winslow's accident, and that angered Terry Bradshaw, who quarterbacked the Steelers to four Super Bowl victories during the 1970s.

Visiting the Steelers' training camp last summer, Bradshaw remarked: "Ride it when you retire."
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Battle Record
    4-1
    wow hopes he get better

Battle Record
    5-3
    Yeah, what a dumb ass move that was. I have no sympathy for anyone who is going to be such a dumb, reckless fuck.
    [YOUTUBE]XEx2T1NLsqw[/YOUTUBE]

You've Earned a Custom Title! Donald Trump's Avatar
    Battle Record
    162-14
    Awards 150+ Wins FL Tournament Winner PC HOF FL Champion
    Always wear helmets kids

Soule
    Damn he's my favorite teams lead QB. Hope he gets better. Soon.

Banned
    Battle Record
    54-7
    dumb fuck. shoulda known better

Battle Record
    5-4
    Hope dude gets better

this morning on a local indianapolis radio station they were talking about Bens accident then they dedicated "ridin dirty" by chamillionaire to him..................LMFAO>>

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-5
    forget the steelers winning the superbowl

Battle Record
    30-12
    He'll play this season. . don't worry about it ya'll. . . we'll be contendors again. .

Battle Record
    30-12
    Quote Originally Posted by zanex
    this morning on a local indianapolis radio station they were talking about Bens accident then they dedicated "ridin dirty" by chamillionaire to him..................LMFAO>>

Well shit, if one tackle ended what was by far the best season my team had had in nearly 40 years, i'd hold a grudge against him too.

Fuck Indiana as a whole, that place is a shithole.

doesnt afraid of anything
    Battle Record
    18-8
    oh ROFLMAOZZZ I fort diz waz about mai ohmboy ben wallace chea cuz i alwhys erp tha d yo efen doe we lozz to mami it waz ok cuz i nw we wyl cum hart next jear yo.

[/sarcasm]

Battle Record
    4-1
    Awards LLL HOF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand of God
    Yeah, what a dumb ass move that was. I have no sympathy for anyone who is going to be such a dumb, reckless fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plain-Thug
    dumb fuck. shoulda known better

you two. STFU. since when is riding a bike down the street a dumb ass move? what, because he plays a sport, he isnt allowed to ride the same kinda bike youd be allowed to ride? i wouldnt wear a helmet... would you?

And u act like ben is the one that caused the accident faggots. he was driving straight down his lane, like he was supposed to be... and the OTHER person made an illegal left turn. hitting him. so suck a dick bitches, gettin all erect thinkin he isnt gonna be in 100 percent come week 1 thinkin ur weak ass teams may finally have a chance again. to bad hes expected to be outta the hospital within the next two days.

STEELERS ARE GOING TO OWN YOU ALL AGAIN THIS YEAR, AND THERES NOTHING YOUR BITCH ASS WANNA BE HARDASS TEAMS CAN DO SHIT ABOUT.
    You really think ur tough... come 'n try me man
    I’ll get a hiccup that isn’t spasms of the diaphragm

Banned
    Battle Record
    10-10
    word, i hope he gets betta too

Battle Record
    5-3
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Walker
    you two. STFU. since when is riding a bike down the street a dumb ass move? what, because he plays a sport, he isnt allowed to ride the same kinda bike youd be allowed to ride? i wouldnt wear a helmet... would you?
    of course i would, but you wouldn't get the point because you're completely fucking stupid. think about it you pituitary retard, if you're getting paid $20+ mil by an organizaiton and they've made it clear that they'd rather have you ride your bike with a helmet on, FUCKING DO IT. theyre looking out for you for long-term reasons. jesus, no sense jeapordizing your entire career just so you can feel the wind in your fucking fabio mane. and if youve ever ridden a motorcycle on a highway dumbass you'd know how much it fucking hurts getting hit with pieces of debris from overloaded open-top trucks or a flying bug. at least with a helmet you dont get a wasp or a chunk of cement hitting your lip at 100 mph. riding a bike with no helmet is a dumb ass move.
    i know how tongue-stuck-up-the-butthole you are with roethlisburger, but its fucking stupid as shit to go without a helmet. and not just that but PROUDLY tell everyone how you dont where a helmet when you ride your bike.

and i dont give a flying fuck about when ben's ready to play.
    they dont have the best team in the NFL, or the AFC for that matter this year. cockwipe.
    [YOUTUBE]XEx2T1NLsqw[/YOUTUBE]