Hence Forward
    axis powers

Can't teach you my swag! D. Josey's Avatar
    Battle Record
    41-9
    Awards 25+ Wins
    yeah.

Vent, or what?

Basic poem, just a venting of anger from what I'm seeing, and just expression hence the reason I like it.

Battle Record
    12-1
    I wouldn't use the word anger. It's done in mockery of the poetic landscape, but not quite in an angry mood. Thanks for the feed. I appreciate it.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    1-0
    Lol. Oh hell This was a good VERY short drop. Just from the first line, I felt your emotion as if you was angry or having that scientific feeling ya know. Bumping Idea's and effect all over the Place. I like this. Intense and thoughtful. Decent.
    It's my own space, my own time, when I'm just out there letting my thoughts go. It's part of my day like eating, and it's one of my favorite parts.

Louise Kent

Battle Record
    1-0
    Hmm, it was kind of cliche to be un-cliche, as a poet - which is cliche to be un-cliche.

Nice depiction, it basically summed poetry up into one of those 'chicken and the egg' kind of problems.

Good take with the bluntness, i don't think it would be half as cliche if you never made it so simple to read.

Anyway enough of cliche, this was great to read. You exploded with how easy it is to use simple words and achieve a huge amount, i really admire poets who understand the idea of language use.

You came across very prosed, very thoughtful, intelligent and provoked. Kind of like when you see the magnum pose, stroking the beard and all
    Just this alone increased the curiosity that the subject creates.

Nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[Po'Ethics][Written Voices]

Mindless Self-Engulfed In Moniker's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion
    This was weak at best Chris. You got the idea across, but it came out as very juvenile. What you touched on could be expounded, furthered, and presented in better fashion. I had hoped to read higher works from you then this man.
    A ruthless
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    12-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindless
    You got the idea across
    Which is the only purpose of this piece. Yeah, I could have used a dope rhyme scheme and made it a 50-line piece that people would rush in and suck my dick over. I've done it over 100 times before. You know I can do it. Everyone does.

With this, it was different. I wanted to say something in as simple a fashion as possible. To completely strip it of everything but the core point. Take away the peacock's tale and let it stand as it is.

Sometimes you want to write a huge eloquent poem where aesthetics almost compete with the point, so people call you brilliant. Then, sometimes, you just want to say something bluntly. Sometimes, the point is all that matters.

I like this more than half the things I've had nominated for Legends.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Blah to the vet complex

... To anyone who doesn't know who you are this wouldn't be enjoyable. That's the thing that you have to concider. Man, and if you're that arrogant maybe it's time to move on from Rb, really, there's nothing left if you know everyone is just going to love it. You need a fresh peer group.
    po'ethics /
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    12-1
    How am I arrogant? I'm a vet on nothing. I've never called myself by that name or anything superior to anyone else. I'm still a student of literature and take feedback and criticism from everyone. I'd rather have criticism than praise.

With that said, I don't see what's wrong with clarifying my motives to Mindless.
    Last edited by Chris Black; August 2nd, 2006 at 12:36 PM
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    1-0
    True story, i don't look at Black with any respect other than the way he knows and understands the values of what he writes about. If he did write a 50 line piece about a topic, full of 7 letter words that substitute 'Heart', i would have most likely said it sucked.

[Po'Ethics][Written Voices]

Yeah, I could have used a dope rhyme scheme and made it a 50-line piece that people would rush in and suck my dick over. I've done it over 100 times before.
    Felt pretty arrogant to me... but that's neither here nor there. I don't mean to flood your piece with irrelevance though, so later days man.
    po'ethics /
    abstanticollective.

T.P
    Battle Record
    1-0
    As a poet, writing for yourself is somtimes the best way imo.. and thats all he did.. poetry is an expression of something and he expressed what he wanted to express how HE wanted..

.. and there we have poetry

Mindless Self-Engulfed In Moniker's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Black
    Which is the only purpose of this piece. Yeah, I could have used a dope rhyme scheme and made it a 50-line piece that people would rush in and suck my dick over. I've done it over 100 times before. You know I can do it. Everyone does.

With this, it was different. I wanted to say something in as simple a fashion as possible. To completely strip it of everything but the core point. Take away the peacock's tale and let it stand as it is.

Sometimes you want to write a huge eloquent poem where aesthetics almost compete with the point, so people call you brilliant. Then, sometimes, you just want to say something bluntly. Sometimes, the point is all that matters.

I like this more than half the things I've had nominated for Legends.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I feel you man. Seriously. And just to be straight there's no hate here, it's all respect. Personally I can understand the undertakings of wanting to strip something completely and simplyfy to bare bones. But that doesn't mean quality is thrown out. Some of the most complex stuff can be worded so simply. It felt more of a surpressed tantrum untill the end, "poets suck" which by then was just anoying to me to be honest. The fact that I could have gone into any highschool and seen this poem nearly verbatim irrated me because you're no doubt capable of greater works. But if it's what you needed to write to help you get past a certain hurdle, or block, or whatever then so be it.
    A ruthless
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    9-10
    nothing good here... just a few babbleing words.

i guesse it was alright for a personal peice... but i didint get anything out of reading it.
    Last edited by Twixn...; August 10th, 2006 at 05:59 PM
    READ MORE

The Best
    Battle Record
    5-6
    I tried, but couldnt appreciate this, for the simple fact that it's too easy to put something like this out, it seems almost a mockery of poetry. though i respect this element of poetry as much as any other, the words you used seemed more a blantant disrespect. mabye i'm just not looking into it as much as i should but thats what i got from it.