User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Help picking out a stereo.

Question Help picking out a stereo.

Alright, I've saved the money, I'm just hesitating on the mixer and I'm almost good to go...

Except that I've got nothing to play my sound! I can't spend the money on fancy speakers and an amp so I'm gonna go for a stereo with and AUX input (or should I look for an RCA input? Does it make a difference?)

What should I look for in a stereo? Of course I'll go to the store with CD to check out how it sounds but is there anything else I should be looking out for?

I've got a feeling I'll be practising in my basement for a while so I'm just looking for a good stereo to practice on that's loud enough to throw house parties!

Thanks!

I guess you don't have a stereo in your room or anything right?

I had an old stereo in the bottom of my shed that had a fucked up CD player and hardly worked.

Connected it up.. put it on AUX and it works like a charm. Doesn't play CDs or anything obviously but all I use it for is the tables anyway and it does the job.

Also.. I use phono/RCA leads to connect from mixer to stereo. Those red/white or red/black ones. I think that phono/RCA is the same thing really.. so basically if you have those sockets on your stereo you're good to go.

You just set it to AUX on the system.
    Fuck you faggot!
    -Bounce

Battle Record
    14-3
    You can use any old stereo with RCA inputs really.

Sound quality doesn't matter too much if you're just practicing.

Also for house parties...

I use the surround sound speakers I have in the living room to play on sometimes. If they have a similar setup just use that instead of the stereo. If you live in a large-ish city there will be sound and lighting stores with speakers for rent anyways. Just include that in your "fee" and you're good to go.

p.s. Don't expect to be rocking parties any time soon. Get the records then the skills :P before you start planning these things.

~*~*~DR - BEST FRIENDS CREW 4 LIFE~*~*~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah, that's right Copper Jar, I don't have a stereo. I use my comp for everything. For now though I don't want to hook up the turntables to my machine because I'll be setting up in the basement and most likely living there for a bit!

No worries Inspire. I figured it's gonna take me a solid year down in the basement before I wanna show my face. By house parties I meant my own house. We're always throwing parties and I've been "DJ'ing" with a little stereo (no AUX input) and swapping CDs after fading the volume. Ghetto? Absolutely! But you gotta do what you gotta do...

Alright, well it sounds like any good old stereo will do so I'll just go hit up the nearest electronic store (which isn't all that close when you're living in a little town in the Rockies)

Cool

Sonic is the best stereo around it also makes the best noise in town it is not a normal stereo the bass blast any one you know so if you have to chose chose Sonic or you are stupidest person I know
    Little A