User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Belo from Do Or Die merks somebody

Belo from Do Or Die merks somebody

Do Or Die Rapper Charged With Murder, Girlfriend Charged With Witness Tampering

Belo, a member of the Chicago rap group Do or Die, has been charged in a murder case that took place in 2002, while his girlfriend is being charged for witness tampering.

According to the Chicago Tribune, the rapper (born Darnell Smith) is currently on trial for the death of Raynard Pinkston. Prosecutors allege that Belo shot and killed Pinkston in November of 2002.

However, the prosecution recently ran into some obstacles that may amount to witness tampering. According to the prosecution, there were eight or more witnesses to the shooting, but recently several have recanted prior testimonies to defense attorneys.

The Chicago Tribune reports that Felicia Hamilton, Belo's 34-year-old girlfriend, has been charged with two felony counts each of communication with a witness and obstruction of justice. Yesterday (July 27) Hamilton was ordered to be held without bail.

"There are four total witnesses who say they got paid off," Cook County Assitant State's Attorney Brian Sexton told the Chicago Tribune. "We suspect they all got paid off."

Hamilton became a witness tampering suspect in March, after allegedly paying $500 to one of the witnesses in Belo's case. After reporting the payoff to police, the witness wore a wire during another meeting with Hamilton where he was told "not to come to the trial" Sexton said.

Currently on probation for possession of a controlled substance, Hamilton will appear in court again Tuesday (August 1) to face the obstruction of justice and communicating with a witness charges. A judge will determine whether her probation was violated in court on Wednesday (August 2).

Belo's group Do or Die is best known for their 1996 single "Po Pimp," which also featured fellow Chicago rapper Twista. The group has released seven albums as well as a greatest hits set in the last decade. Last fall the group broke into the Top 40 hip-hop charts with their latest album, D.O.D.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    36-12
    chicago is a grimey place do or die always had dat sort of dodgy look in him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Got a hole in you then your bleeding
    so its not like im just calling you pussy for no reason - Jada

You've Earned a Custom Title! Dangerlyrics's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-3
    Good discussion my nigga. You knew I was gonna reply too this!!!

Hell yeah I heard about this and real talk, I was finna cry. Do or Die that crack. Man They neva got the good publicity at all. Rapalot ain't give a fuck bout my niggas. They didn't promote they cd's fa shit. I bet most of yall thought they were died. I was told that the shit they talk about they would do but I thought it was a joke. My man's popped dude and paid niggas off 500. They was serious about "Po Pimp" lol. I give prayers to my man and hope he get out. I heard he was bailed out and on tour wit D.O.D now. Thats my nigga tho I don't know him he be speaken that real shit. All dem do.

Real talk, yaw gotta buy one of they CD's. Bone Thug fans....They fucked BOne Thugs up on a song called "Bustin Back" ate them niggas the Fuck up!

But for real tho, cop "Picture this" or Heads or Tails, Victory, Back to the Game Pimpin aint dead, D.O.D, or gettin that paper. Them all they albums shit sick. I got em all. Picture this has Po Pimp, so if you wanna flash back cop that.

D.O.D fo life!