User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: The Mind of a Poet (part 1,2 and 3 of 5)

Battle Record
    91-11
    Awards OFOTK Champion Haiku Champion Legendary PC Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF 75+ Wins

The Mind of a Poet (part 1,2 and 3 of 5)

The mind of a poet
    Is clearer than the cleanest water,
    That trickles through your mind
    Like a stream of thoughts,
    Until it builds
    Into a waterfall of emotions,
    And collects
    In a lake of blood,
    Surrounding the hole
    I put in my head…

The mind of a poet
    Is crowded with ideas,
    Scratching to get out
    Until they burn a passage
    Through your right hand
    Bleed onto the page
    And formulate the letters
    That didn’t make sense
    When I wrote them…
    The rough draft of thoughts

The mind of a poet
    Is obscured by blurs
    Of occurrences never heard
    The shadow you walk on
    And the one that hides you
    In the darkness you shiver
    But fail to realize
    That it is the lone cloud
    That rains down the tears
    You didn’t know how to cry
    A few achievements here and there

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Best
    Battle Record
    5-6
    i said i'd leave feed and i will, though you didn't take my advice under consideration lol. not that you need any. anyway, the second one is very to the point, alot of poets can definatly feel that one because you nailed the topic on the head. the artistic value was nice but like i said about the first one, not much to read. the third is somewhat like the second except it has a more personal feel, more of your own words than those that would be put together by others, which is good. still, not much to read either. i think with this topic i would LOVE to see longer peices for each part but its your work and you definatly know what your doing so keep doing what you do. good job and i will leave feed on the 4th and 5th.

Battle Record
    91-11
    Awards OFOTK Champion Haiku Champion Legendary PC Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF 75+ Wins
    Thanks much onus...think of it as a 50 line poem written 10 lines at a time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    6-5
    When I heard the topic I was expecting much because I thought it was rather bland but I see why they say don't by a book by it's cover. You definantly stuck to this topic the whole time and didn't let up, you fully grasped the concept of this. The metaphores you used were very relivant and very on point. You kept the lines short and right to the point which I also loved about this piece. I woulda loved to see you get more in depth with this but it was still short and sweet. I related to the second stanza the most and really got into that particular part, not saying I didn't get into the rest just that part the best. Keep writing, I look forward to more. Very good drop.

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303048
    ^Please hit that piece up.

IJL

Battle Record
    91-11
    ty.

Battle Record
    2-0
    I love how you take simple things and in some almost subliminal fashion make it something that lingers in the mind. I love the first verse because of the imagery and emotion that I got from reading it, to me its the verse that stood out the most.The second verse holds quite well to the truth, and obviously its something any poet could ever relate with... The third verse had a certain emotional depth to it that seems to me like you were leaning more to a personal side, which made it that much more interesting to read. Like always before, I've enjoyed reading your work, you never cease to amaze me.

~*UnO*~