User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Am I understanding phase reverse correctly?

Am I understanding phase reverse correctly?

I could be, and probably am way off base here, but with my booth being ghetto, and partly open in places (lol, upgrading when i move into a house that we aren't renting, so i can do some serious construstion), if i placed my new mic in fron the artist, recording the vocals, and put another mic near the noisiest thing my room, and put a phase reverse on it, would it cancel out that noise in my other mic's signal?

BTW, I'm thinking about a Trident S20 Dual Mic Preamp...is this any good? I just need a good all around preamp, not one geared for my voice personally, so testing them will do me near no good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(You should all check this out)

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    it might give the those rumble noises a little comb filter effect i guess.. you'll prolly get it on the vocals too tho if you catch part of them..its a little more difficult to get it cancel out perfect, you gotta place the microphones perfect, the 2 phase positions gonna have to be runnin over each other at 90 degrees and 270 degrees perfectly in order to cancel themselves out.. i can't really explain this shit online and i honestly wouldnt do this

Battle Record
    5-3
    nah, that technique won't work because you'd be recording different sources.

your better off using a noise reduction that "learns" the noise profile your trying to fix.
    Welcome to reality.

In that cae, I'll just use X-Noise...thanks again y'all.

(You should all check this out)