User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: video card

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3

video card

this video card, i got it for free but i cant get it to work. i know its a shitty videocard but im sure it would be somewhat of an upgrade from the stock onboard video card i got now.

its the nvidia geforce mx 4000 3d fuzion. i think its 128 mb, and its pci. so first i turned off the computer and inserted it into my available pci slot which was below my soundcard. then i plugged my computer monitor into the new soundcard and started it up. i also put the driver cd in the drive.

i got output from the card during the boot up of windows but it froze right as it was taking me to the log in screen. the monitor goes completely blank each time. and its always right before normal log in time during boot up. this means that i couldnt properly install the drivers either.

wtf...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am me
    yeah that sucks, maybe run it in safe mode, i don't know how windows does drivers when you do that, you are probably having an issue with the on board video and the new video card, might have something in the bios you can mess with.

i had similar problems when building my computer a few years back but don't remember exactly what i did to get around it. i do know i ended up disabling the on-board video and sound

Battle Record
    2-0
    I got a buddy named drop dead Fred, He ain't really real, he my imaginary friend,
    My mama said that I shoulden't talk to him, Cause I look crazy when I start to fuck with him..

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    definitely a driver or resource conflict. i really dont know how to fix it tho. try updating the drivers from their website.