User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 52

Thread: i know i asked already

So what you're saying is that...instead of treating your room with inexspensive shit to get a better sound out of your condenser mic, he should by a shitty dynamic mic? How does that make the slightest bit of anything even resembling "sense" to you? Don't listen to the douche bag, take I Am's advice (as well as everybody elses) and get the Rode. Either way you'll have to learn how to EQ and compress, it's a part of mixing and recording, there's no way around it (unless you don't mind shitty quality, then by all means, get the dynamic mic and spend the rest on herb).

Get some blankets, save some cartons, and have a blast!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(You should all check this out)

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-1
    i know how to eq and shit check my songs i did that wit a radio shak mic look

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    ^^no ones even gonna check it cause how the fuck you supposed to eq right with a radio shack mic?? you aint even rrecordin it properly, the sound is prolly so mangled no one can even tell if you eq'ed it worse or better..

oh yea and if your gonna get a dynamic mic you might as well stay with the radio shack mic..

crook.. cats on this site is bitches cuz.. go to a site where niggas know what their talking about.
    The ONLY respectable nigga on this site is opey.. and brandon heat when he's not bein a hard ass.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    and in this case im agreeing with them... dynamic mics are for live performance. condensors are for vocal studio recording.

crook.. cats on this site is bitches cuz.. go to a site where niggas know what their talking about.
    The ONLY respectable nigga on this site is opey.. and brandon heat when he's not bein a hard ass.
    Do i know you?

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty Chopz
    ^^no ones even gonna check it cause how the fuck you supposed to eq right with a radio shack mic?? you aint even rrecordin it properly, the sound is prolly so mangled no one can even tell if you eq'ed it worse or better..
    ugh ppl tell me my shit is realllllllly clear if u check ull see it will take 30 secs quit actin like a bitch nigga

Battle Record
    2-0
    Quote Originally Posted by adversary
    Man, seriously..screw you. We know plenty. Your just being ignorant. Your the dude who told this nigga to get a "cheap dynamic microphone and a good pre-amp for $200." He said he wanted to start recording in a home studio. All home studios include condenser microphones. Condenser microphones are superior to dynamic microphones and are specially made for vocal recording.

If this dude was performing live or on stage, as Opey said, then a dynmaic microphone would be used, obviously. What person you know performs on stage holding a condenser microphone, jumping around and shouting.

ok, i can see where ur comin from about the walls being treated with blankets.. but still, a dynamic mic will work better. I'm STILL trying to get my rode to sound good. You gotta know how to eq properly, and have proper treatment. Dude is just starting out, and he dont got a lot of money.. get a dag gon Shure dynamic mic.. sound is fucking sound.
    Can you please enlighten me on how you came to the conclusion that a Shure Dynamic microphone is better then a Rode NT1-A..even in his case. Man, your "picking up unwanted sound" arguement is weak. There are plenty of noise reduction plug-ins which do miracles. You can treat walls with blankets, egg cartons, bed matresses..etc..You don't need some fancy Auralex foam.

Even Opey, said the Rode NT1-A in an untreated room works perfectly. If it's not working with you then your obviously not taking care of the factors that were fucking up your sound quality in the first place.

i didnt mean to say preamp in my previous post. What i meant to say was a better interface than the 0404 for around $200. Also, the hum from the computer, and outside noise is gonna be a big factor with a condenser mic.
    You will not find a good interface for less then $300. So if he is just starting out then he should get a 0404 for $100..so it won't put a huge dent in his budget and will give him what he wants.

OR..
    Crook, what you can do is take that $500 and go to a professional studio.. save yourself the headache and let someone else do the dirty work. With studio's around my way, u can get around 10-15 hours of recording time with 500.
    Memorize ur lyrics to save time, and have all your beats ready before u go.
    I recommened a $500 set-up which will stay for him forever and put him light years away from 80% of people who rap online. So he should just blow away the $500 on studio time because you think that learning to mix is waste of time? How many songs do you think someone can pull of in 15 hours? Some studios are a lot more expensive then the ones around your way..

Man, I'm not trying to argue with you anymore..But wtf at you saying nobody helps here. Seriously, fuck you. I'm here every-fucking-day helping people..and so are Opey and Brandon..you decide to pop up one day and drop your 2 cents..and you expect everyone to say "Omg, Adv, your right! Dynamic microphones are the right way to go!" And when people prove you wrong you start to say that nobody on here helps?! Don't say stupid shit, man.
    Last edited by I Am..; June 25th, 2006 at 08:54 AM
    I got a buddy named drop dead Fred, He ain't really real, he my imaginary friend,
    My mama said that I shoulden't talk to him, Cause I look crazy when I start to fuck with him..

Battle Record
    2-0
    Quote Originally Posted by CrooK
    ugh ppl tell me my shit is realllllllly clear if u check ull see it will take 30 secs quit actin like a bitch nigga
    Honstly, man. Your quality is below average. I peeped your song. You may think it's good, but it's really not. It could get much, much better with better equipment and a little mixing.
    I got a buddy named drop dead Fred, He ain't really real, he my imaginary friend,
    My mama said that I shoulden't talk to him, Cause I look crazy when I start to fuck with him..

aight imma drop a name of another site hoping it aint gonna be a violation...
    www.tweakheadz.com .. the cats on that site have been doin this shit for YEARS.. u should see some of the studios they have, and the music they've recorded.. and the smartest niggas on that site told me dynamic is reccomended in a noisy room.. so go there and tell them their wrong, and u'll get clowned just like your trying to do to me.

and i been here 2 years before u cuzzo, so no i didnt just pop up and drop my 2 cents

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    its better to record in a NOISY ROOM... thats why theyre used for live performance. muhfucka does not have a noisy room. he has a quiet room and an isolated closet. a noisy room is like a public area. when people are studio recording they dont buy a dynamic mic because their room is noisy... they FIX THE NOISE. just dead this argument because you're wrong. you're using someone elses advice in a situation that does NOT apply. using a dynamic mic for vocals robs the recording of any dynamic range that it should have. and you cant add something in that was never there to begin with. on the other hand, a condenser mic has a wide dynamic range that can be EQed and mixed properly to avoid unwanted noise to a certain extent. shit... alcatrakz made a booth out of CARDBOARD for practically nothing. everyone that records vocals uses a condenser mic unless they cant afford it. hardly anyone has a nice vocal booth but we all manage to work something out. your advice is BACKWARD.

and yea... thats not another rap board... posting the link is fine.

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-1
    wait i cud put carboard around my closet to sound proof it

No....

There are plenty of noise reduction plug-ins which do miracles. You can treat walls with blankets, egg cartons, bed matresses..etc..
    And in response to Adversary...
    and i been here 2 years before u cuzzo, so no i didnt just pop up and drop my 2 cents
    ^Look at the difference in the number of posts that you and I Am have. Evidentally you DO just pop up and drop your 2 cents...