User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Yo anyone know shit about rap industry?

Tha Burnin Sensation 2hot2handle's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-17

Yo anyone know shit about rap industry?

Yeah i been thinkin of a possible rap career, but I need to know some things. I believe my rhymes are good and I can rap them. Now I know that music business can be crooked and screw people and the fact I never done audio but I plan to. The thing is, can someone give me some pointers I should know if I decide to take this path. Like would it matter how my voice is? or how I rap? Someone with knowledge about this would be much appreciated, thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

- Martin Luther King Jr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

View this from last year^

shut up stupid!
    Battle Record
    1-0
    before you do that and get advice about the industry worrie more about getting better and entertan ppl with your music

once sign shit is not easy

You shouldnt be thinking about that right now

pz

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-1
    you got to start out with some lil copmany thats close to you . see i live in the bay the only way ill get signed is with club bangers and hymphy shit jus make sum track that adapt to your hood and radio stations to start off

doesnotexist
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hot2handle
    Yeah i been thinkin of a possible rap career, but I need to know some things. I believe my rhymes are good and I can rap them. Now I know that music business can be crooked and screw people and the fact I never done audio but I plan to. The thing is, can someone give me some pointers I should know if I decide to take this path. Like would it matter how my voice is? or how I rap? Someone with knowledge about this would be much appreciated, thanks.

lol seriosly....you dont gotta be worrying about the industry if you've never recorded a damn rhyme lol

and even when you do chances are it'll be QUITE A WHILE untill you're good enougha nd polished to be actualy looked at by anyone

people been rapping for years and years and still ain't really "made it" and I'm talking SICK mc's

and of course it matters how you rap wtf kind of questio is that even....RAP GOOD...hopefully original

and if you have a horrible voice of course nobody will wonna listen to you, if you sounding like vincent price or some shit

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-4
    Lmao..in other words if your voice and G sounding..then you aint gettin no record lmao..

and yeah it will take a minute before you develop a great relationship with the mic and learn how to ride beats and develop a sound

Its not impossible tho lmao..Vanja makes it seem so far off..

By the people that are getting deals NOWADAYS all you gotta do is be well renowned street hustler and have DECENT rhymes about the hood..then your well off

Battle Record
    1-17
    Well guys thats what I mean. I mean ya know Im goin into my senior year in high school and I know Im not tryin do shit so soon, but Im tryin to think of possibilities if I ever wanna go to be a rapper. What I think is that not go do something that aint u. Like the dude who said hed have to do hyphy since he in the bay area, if that not ya style, dont do it. But Im not worrying about it just that I been thinkin what I might wanna do.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Battle Record
    17-14
    dude its like not " if at some future time i think "hey im goona be a rapper""

thats shit all

rapping is something you gotta love and work at man its not shit you buy at k-mart on a whim

UGK
    Battle Record
    3-3
    look dude, i've never been signed but shit can go alot of ways.

first off, to alot of people, your voice does matter. i used to get told all the time that my rhymes were ill, but i didn't have the voice for them. so you know what this indy label had me doing, writing their artists rhymes for a while.

@ the time, i was in 9th grade and i was making good money for being so young, but that wasn't what i always wanted to do. i learned that just from ghostin, shit can be shady and shit can be fun. the tight shit is though, in 10th, that same record label offered me a $10,000 deal that i refused. =/

i got steared the wrong way and shit. i had to quit even writin songs for the label. but thats just about the voice. delivery is always key as well. make sure the way you present your lyrics is good. you don't wanna sound like your just talkin on the mic, then it sounds like u can't even keep up with the beat.

another thing is, you should maybe start recordin amaturely before you try to make it into the industry. cause if you get beat box's that can record your voice, that way you can keep up with the beat by being able to see your vocals bar by bar.

just don't get discouraged. if rappin is what u wanna do, then go for it. but like vanja said, your gonna need alot of expirience before you decide to make an album worth buyin, or shop'n as a demo. also, how old are you?

Battle Record
    37-24
    ^^...see as for me, im a junior in highschool and already have plans etc. to go to fullsail for artist relations/record production/and probably songwriting... I love music ive always loved music, and i know ive had a late start towards pursuing a career in any part of the music industry let alone rapping....also i like to negotiate/write/be creative but also be a business man at the same time...so i took those paths in the industry, instead of becoming a "rapper"...i want to start audio, and i have done a few small things...but time is tight right now, so my senior year i will be going nuts learing the industry..and all about record productioni so when i get to fullsail i wont be clueless..but its something i wanna do so best believe when im at fullsail..its all business!
    Succeed Without Fear

Written Voices

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-4
    Well with me..its different..i havent really had those oppurtunities you kids are talking about..

i just LOVE the game so much because it takes creativity..and i love using words to express real shit..

entering the game is the hardest part..cause u gotta be CRACK or they gonna flop you with a quickness..your first two mixtapes or albums will define you as a rapper

i mean..record labels are still people and they are willing to work with young new talent..just find yourself a person with a studio..and work on delivery and flow then start making your lyrics tight..cause whats good with tight lyrics and you cant spit shit

i just let the beats tell me how im gonna flow and how im gonna spit..

i usually write to the beat..i dont free write usually..but im starting to now cause my flow is down pat

im just now starting to get into a real studio with my niggas..make sure that your around somebody your comfortable with when u record as well..cause they will give u positive feedback and tell you whats good

if you want it bad enough..youll get it..all you gotta do is be consistent in writing shit..learn to freestyle a bit..the hardest thing for me tho is remembering what i write..

when it comes to that im like WTF lmao..i have to think for a second and get myself started..you usually wont remember it unless you SPIT it MULTIPLE TIMES and you HEAR it MULTIPLE TIMES..just focus on learning new words and shit

another thing..dont focus to much on punchlines..focus on the point you are trying to get across

Here are some easy steps to follow when focusing and trying to get into music

There is no question that regularly revisiting the fundamentals is critical to success in any long-term endeavor. With that in mind, this week I'm offering a short list of things to consider for perspective and balance while pursuing your musical goals.

1) Define Success
    How far do you want to take your music? Is it a joyous and rewarding hobby, are you making it your career, or something in between? Setting specific goals and giving them regular attention is vital to achieving success at any level. Goals give direction to your action. Furthermore, achieving goals is a tasty reward that will build your esteem and motivate you to reach even higher. Guide Dawn McKay at About Career Planning can help you plot your own course.

2) Spend Time, Not Money
    How long has it been since you saw a rookie musician with stacks of absurdly expensive gear? Not long, I'm sure. Each of us is guilty of walking into a music store and ogling the top-end instruments, convinced that if we could afford that stuff, our sound would improve by leaps and bounds. "If I had that guitar, I'd practice every day." If you're not practicing every day already, a new guitar won't change that.

The only investment that improves our success as musicians is time - time spent practicing, time spent learning, time spent pursuing our goals. The lure of expensive gear is a tempting but false road to better musicianship.

This is true for bands, too. Many, many bands rush to record a CD at the expense of hundreds and even thousands of dollars, only to find that they have trouble selling more than a few dozen copies. Producer Jack Endino, the mastermind behind Nirvana's first album, reminds bands that all they need to start is a simple demo of any quality. Only after using that tape to get lots of gigs and find legions of fans, he says, should a professional recording even be considered. If you don't have hundreds of fans ready and waiting to buy a professional recording, don't spend the money to make one.

3) Get Informed
    There is simply no substitute for knowledge when it comes to navigating the complex and confusing avenues of the music industry. Fully exploit the free resources at this site and others (such as Peter Spellman's Music Business Solutions) to plot the best and safest road to success. Hunter S. Thompson is credited with writing, "The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench; a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs." Although Mr. Thompson's assessment may be extreme, the wisdom behind it is worth heeding.

4) Play With Others
    Music is a form of conversation between human beings. It may well be the oldest language, used for millenia by musically inclined people to jointly convey their own rage, sorrow, hope, and joy to other human beings.

Learning music without this community is as futile as learning to play football by yourself. Although hours spent alone with your instrument are certainly necessary for success, engaging in musical conversations and performances is an equally vital element to your progress. A very common weakness among amateur musicians is their inability to make music with other artists - a flaw which can be easily remedied with experience. Even if you are a beginner, get out and play with others and stage a few performances if you can. Without even realizing it, you will begin to assimilate fundamental lessons about listening, interacting, and performing in a live setting that are critical to your future success.

5) Practice
    Practice, practice, practice! There is simply no other way to ensure your own progress as a musician. Have you been spending hours on the Internet, combing for information on how to market your music, or cheaply record a CD, or win a music competiton? That's great! Have you been spending as least as much time alone with your instrument? If not, you should reconsider your priorities. If you aren't practicing several times a week at least, the music you market, or record cheaply, or submit to a competition isn't going to get very far. As a musician seeking success at any level, practicing your instrument should be your #1 priority. For my full rant on this topic (yes, it's entertaining), read this article.

Battle Record
    0-1
    send in your demo TONIGHT to shady records

Originally Posted by Blind Mist
    Blind Mist: ifi send u 200 bucks would you send me naked pics?
    Blind Mist: link me your paypal

Battle Record
    1-17
    That was good Yung D exactly what I was lookin for. I like many do not know what I wanna do in life as a career. I have many big ass dreams but feel I may be going overboard. Like I grew up always wantin to be an NBA player but now it seems that that dream is becoming harder to achieve. Im just really undecided and I got time these next few years to see what path im followin.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Banned
    Battle Record
    3-4
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hot2handle
    That was good Yung D exactly what I was lookin for. I like many do not know what I wanna do in life as a career. I have many big ass dreams but feel I may be going overboard. Like I grew up always wantin to be an NBA player but now it seems that that dream is becoming harder to achieve. Im just really undecided and I got time these next few years to see what path im followin.
    lmao..yo you sound JUST like me fam..wtf..like an image of me fam..maybe me and you can work together to get where we wanna go??if you serious..me and mah nigga already got some shit goin on..we can let u in on it fam..we serious about this shit..dedicated to this music man..word hit me up..Aim-Flipthescript05 or message me on here