User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Help Asap

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    0-2

Help Asap

I know alot of vets going to be laughing at me...fukk it...laugh fukkers...i took yall advice i got the adobe joint...its hott...but im just started using programs like this..im trying to record how do you get a beat to play with out playing a beat threw the speakers...and rapping...i know its a way...but can you like d/l beats off of Ares or limewire or sumthin and get it to play threw adobe? is that possible? tell me how u get ur beats to play threw adobe and not make it sound like its being played threw your speakers, being recorded like i be doing..lol...thats all i really wanna know

Battle Record
    2-0
    What? I don't get what your trying to do..You want it to play through Adobe but not through your speakers? That dosen't make sense..

EDIT: I seriously doubt any audio head here would have recommended Adobe Audition 1.5, anyway.
    Last edited by I Am..; April 14th, 2006 at 03:45 AM
    I got a buddy named drop dead Fred, He ain't really real, he my imaginary friend,
    My mama said that I shoulden't talk to him, Cause I look crazy when I start to fuck with him..

uuhh?...use headphones?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by ...Opey...
    how about i ban all of u??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    0-2
    ok this what im trying to do. when i record now all i do is. i use lime wire d/l a beat play the beat hit record and start recording and rapping. Omega on rb...listen to one of my raps and he told me he could tell i was just starting out cause all i did was play a beat in the back ground and started rapping. so i figured there must be another way to do it. get wha im sayin? is there a way like u juss could go to file open a beat. then rap on it...man idk thats why im askin yall

Battle Record
    0-2
    and whats wrong wit adobe..? im going threw all these recording programs like its nuffin...audio city...adobe....can sum1 tell me sumthin top of the line...that they use so i stick wit it

You've Earned a Custom Title! bennett's Avatar
    Battle Record
    13-7
    lol wats the point

Battle Record
    5-3
    Quote Originally Posted by b-absolute
    and whats wrong wit adobe..? im going threw all these recording programs like its nuffin...audio city...adobe....can sum1 tell me sumthin top of the line...that they use so i stick wit it
    just stick with adobe for starters, until you learn more about mixing, and things like that.

Its a more user friendly program.

Alot of people here speak down on Cool Edit, and Adobe, because they discovered some "bigger, better" DAW, that's not even really that important. focus on learning on how to mix your shit first. Then move on to more advanced methods, and steps.

as for your problem.

Download the MP3, or whatever, open it in adobe audition... and insert it into the multitrack.

then arm track 2 in the multitrack for recording, by hitting the red R, and record yourself on your mic, with headphones plugged in so that the sound wont be coming from your speakers.

if you need a more comprehensive breakdown, check out the tutorials at the top of this forum
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    0-2
    ^^^thats what i was askin...thanx kris....thats mad helpful...cause i didnt know that...but now i do...appreciate it

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Cain
    just stick with adobe for starters, until you learn more about mixing, and things like that.

Its a more user friendly program.

Alot of people here speak down on Cool Edit, and Adobe, because they discovered some "bigger, better" DAW, that's not even really that important. focus on learning on how to mix your shit first. Then move on to more advanced methods, and steps.

as for your problem.

Download the MP3, or whatever, open it in adobe audition... and insert it into the multitrack.

then arm track 2 in the multitrack for recording, by hitting the red R, and record yourself on your mic, with headphones plugged in so that the sound wont be coming from your speakers.

if you need a more comprehensive breakdown, check out the tutorials at the top of this forum
    actually people talk down about adobe because I usually sway people from using it. They just take what i say to one person and apply it to everyone. I'm seeing a lot of that lately. But what they don't realize is I push people to use a true DAW because it forces you to learn the proper techniques or you wont be able to use the program. Adobe was actually made for people just like this guy.

Battle Record
    0-2
    Wouldnt it be easier to use sumthing more simpler and to master it...and get a knowdelge and a understanding of it...then go to another more up n advance program...then use it...sure u wont understand everything on it...but if u keep at it im sure u eventually understand it...as long as RB exist....and the audio help section here...i dont have nuffin to worry about thanx to u guys...lol and opey yeh i aint going to lie yeh i did see u say sumthin to some1. and did take that for myself...well i thought the purpose was to look in other threads and not try to post new threads...thats all i was trying do. kna mean...read everythead take sum shyt in i dont know...i was like...yeh he must talkin to me...yeh u rite..i was like yeh it apply to everybody...thats why i asked to get a clearer understanding...i been on rb for awhile...man since it ever started...im only just now come back on the net...i been on rb since shadow was here....since 'warlords' n 'pandora's box' yep the good ole days...im juss startin audio...and im just tryin to get much as a understand as i possbily can.....peace

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    actually i wasnt talking about you. i was referring to other people giving advice that I've given. And what you're saying sounds simple enough but in my experience it isn't the case. programs like adobe audition and acid are set up in a user friendly environment with easy shortcuts to do simple tasks. the programs are very basic and lack the capabilities of more advanced programs. therefore they don't have to set up a work environment that allows you to do advanced tasks. Eventually you'll need these advanced tasks and will be forced to move to an advanced program. these other programs have a completely different setup. it's like learning a new language. going from audition to something like pro tools isnt like learning ping pong then trying to play to tennis. it's like learning ping pong then trying to play football lol.

The fact is that these "complicated" programs don't take much more time to learn the basics of than the "easy" programs. the difference is you're learning the correct way the first time. the skills you learn on one DAW can be applied to all other DAW's and even be applied to understanding how hardware works. programs like adobe teach you virtually nothing that will be useful to you outside of that program.

Battle Record
    0-2
    well then i rather just start from a complicated program if thats the case...kna mean....i feel what you saying...i rather juss start out wit sumthin complicated to get the 'full understanding' of everything like i want...so tell me a football program cause ping pong is for suckers....lol

You've Earned a Custom Title! Technique's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-2
    if you just wanna rap over a MP3 audio instrumental download audacity its completely free and really easy to use and its a good mixing and editing program all ud o is import the beat and pree record and rap its the easiest program to record on
    RIP BIG L

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    ^no.

adobe >>>> audacity

Battle Record
    5-3
    i actually think getting the music out is more important than learning "advanced" recording techniques.

i dont think anyone on this site really uses advanced techniques in tehse DAWs anyway honestly man. I've never seen a thread about anything thats seven semi-advanced... like automation, or pre rolls, anything of that nature.

i think adobe is a good start. Cool edit helped me learn alot about the basics, i wasnt intmidated by it.
    Welcome to reality.