User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 95

Thread: Yo Opey

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    3-0
    Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey...
    youre tellin me no vst's work in FL studio? do you get any sound in fl studio at all??
    My bad man. I made a mistake with this one. I was getting the VST from the DXI section, lol my fault.

But I think this is the last two questions I got lol, you know we were talkin about the mixing and the latency buffer? I'm still gettin that buzz when I play audio tracks in Sonar. What should I set it to? Or does that thing you posted earlier fix all that with the PatchMIX?

And you think you could help me to Rewire FL to Sonar? I know you gotta open up that Synth Rack in Sonare, hit Rewire and then FL Studio but I'm not sure on what to put my settings as so that I can recorded the MIDI and Audio tracks over to Sonar.

EDIT: lol one more thing. Do you think I should get the Trigger Finger and return my MPD if I can?

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    i knew it was something wrong lmao

... in Sonar you need to go to your audio settings and adjust the buffer setting until it sounds right. I wouldnt think you'd have buffer problems tho. your PC and memory are extremely fast and you have a good amount of memory installed. Make sure you set up the patch mix correctly tho. try not to use the preset session files. program the settings from scratch.

I never used Sonar to rewire before. I have a video for FL Rewire tho. gimme your email address and I'll send it to you.

If you can return the MPD then do it. THe trigger finger is a lot nicer.

Battle Record
    3-0
    i knew it was something wrong lmao

... in Sonar you need to go to your audio settings and adjust the buffer setting until it sounds right. I wouldnt think you'd have buffer problems tho. your PC and memory are extremely fast and you have a good amount of memory installed. Make sure you set up the patch mix correctly tho. try not to use the preset session files. program the settings from scratch.

I never used Sonar to rewire before. I have a video for FL Rewire tho. gimme your email address and I'll send it to you.

If you can return the MPD then do it. THe trigger finger is a lot nicer.
    lol yeah. My bad on that part.

Alright, I'll try that. I'm gonna have to go read the manual.

seoulproductions@hotmail.com And what about FL to Cubase?
    Last edited by NoN-E; April 7th, 2006 at 06:23 PM

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-1
    hehhhhhhhhhhh

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Quote Originally Posted by Draygun
    lol yeah. My bad on that part.

Alright, I'll try that. I'm gonna have to go read the manual.

seoulproductions@hotmail.com And what about FL to Cubase?
    ok i'm sending it now... the video shows you how to do it with Cubase SX.

Battle Record
    3-0
    ok i'm sending it now... the video shows you how to do it with Cubase SX.
    LOL that video didn't help at all man. I already know how to set it up so it's ready to Rewire but I need to know how to actually dump the tracks from FL inside my Multitrack program.

Battle Record
    3-0
    Wait, am I looking at the right tutorial? The one under Tutorials that says Sonar Tutorial for PatchMix DSP cuz that one seems like it's just for recording with a mic lol.
    Last edited by NoN-E; April 8th, 2006 at 10:20 AM

Battle Record
    3-0
    Oh and how do I use the Send Effect thing cuz the CPU Usage is killin me when I try and mix?

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    LOL that video didn't help at all man. I already know how to set it up so it's ready to Rewire but I need to know how to actually dump the tracks from FL inside my Multitrack program.
    man each one of the FL rewire tracks is linked to a channel on the fl mixer. you just enable the tracks in cubase or sonar and link whatever fl channel to the fl mixer channels. read the fl studio help file man lol. i dont have time to spoon feed you all this lmao

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Wait, am I looking at the right tutorial? The one under Tutorials that says Sonar Tutorial for PatchMix DSP cuz that one seems like it's just for recording with a mic lol.
    the tutorial is to get you started. you need to learn how to use your soundcard man lol. you dont know how to add channels in the DSP mixer? read your manual. the tutorial helps you set up the ASIO send to your programs. You're supposed to know how to make changes to it.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Oh and how do I use the Send Effect thing cuz the CPU Usage is killin me when I try and mix?
    in sonar i have no idea. again... read the manual. in fl studio you can make any channel a send channel... read the manual lol

ps: read your manuals lmao

Battle Record
    3-0
    man each one of the FL rewire tracks is linked to a channel on the fl mixer. you just enable the tracks in cubase or sonar and link whatever fl channel to the fl mixer channels. read the fl studio help file man lol. i dont have time to spoon feed you all this lmao
    lol I know that. I just want to know about the MIDI tracks since they don't hold their own sound and I can't put it in the mixer. But I'm guessing I just export them seperately without Rewire.

Battle Record
    3-0
    the tutorial is to get you started. you need to learn how to use your soundcard man lol. you dont know how to add channels in the DSP mixer? read your manual. the tutorial helps you set up the ASIO send to your programs. You're supposed to know how to make changes to it.
    lol I wanted to make sure I was reading the right tutorial cuz I thought it would be something in depth. I'll be reading it.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    lol I know that. I just want to know about the MIDI tracks since they don't hold their own sound and I can't put it in the mixer. But I'm guessing I just export them seperately without Rewire.
    u leave the midi tracks in flstudio man. ok let me try to break this down for you...

this is rewire... think in terms of stand alone hardware with no PC.

Sonar or Cubase is like your main mixer where you're mixing your whole song... vocals, drums.... everything. the FL Studio mixer is like a secondary mixer where you have all your racks and other hardware sound modules routed to. your midi controllers and the step sequencer in FL Studio is like your keyboard workstation where you do all your midi sequencing to all your racks.

Rewire is like the audio cables running from the channels in your FL Studio mixer to your main mixer with all your other tracks that arent in FL studio. It also syncs the play buttons and tempos so they match. that way you can work in either program and know that everything lines up. All rewire does is get multiple channels of audio from one workspace to your main workspace so all the audio from all your different programs are synced together so you can mix your entire song in one program without mixing down and transporting.

So... you don't transfer midi across rewire. theres no use for it and it makes no sense. all midi sequencing is done in each individual program that you're working on. the programs control their own midi data. rewire just gets the audio tracks into another program for mixing and syncing with audio tracks from other programs.

Battle Record
    3-0
    u leave the midi tracks in flstudio man. ok let me try to break this down for you...

this is rewire... think in terms of stand alone hardware with no PC.

Sonar or Cubase is like your main mixer where you're mixing your whole song... vocals, drums.... everything. the FL Studio mixer is like a secondary mixer where you have all your racks and other hardware sound modules routed to. your midi controllers and the step sequencer in FL Studio is like your keyboard workstation where you do all your midi sequencing to all your racks.

Rewire is like the audio cables running from the channels in your FL Studio mixer to your main mixer with all your other tracks that arent in FL studio. It also syncs the play buttons and tempos so they match. that way you can work in either program and know that everything lines up. All rewire does is get multiple channels of audio from one workspace to your main workspace so all the audio from all your different programs are synced together so you can mix your entire song in one program without mixing down and transporting.

So... you don't transfer midi across rewire. theres no use for it and it makes no sense. all midi sequencing is done in each individual program that you're working on. the programs control their own midi data. rewire just gets the audio tracks into another program for mixing and syncing with audio tracks from other programs.
    Thanks for the breakdown man. I think I got it down now. My bad about all this trouble.