User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 1814....

Out of curiosity i did a little research on what the S/PDIF was...and according to my research, it provides a much cleaner sound then conventional TRS cords or RCA cords...so, my question is, if i used my old soundcard (SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum) for it's S/PDIF in, and used the adapter to power my 1814 (instead of Fire Wire...because the X-Fi card has no IEEE inputs), would i be able to use the S/PDIF out of the 1814 and record my vocals like that?

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(You should all check this out)

Battle Record
    5-3
    just buy a firewire pci card.
    Welcome to reality.

well, that's why i'm asking if the quality would be better thru the s/pdif then it would be thru f.w.

Battle Record
    5-3
    its not the same kind of connection. Firewire transmits audio, power, and data information. SPDIF is just a digital audio cable. It doesnt work the same.

so what your asking is honestly illogical.

and honestly, why would you want to record from a m audio 1814 into a soundblaster anything?

thats defeating the purposes of even having a 1814. If you COULD actually do what you mentioned above, then that would be lowering your audio quality because... 1. its making your signal chain longer than it needs to be, and most importantly...2. you'd be recording from a good set of AD convertors, to shitty Soundblaster AD convertors.
    Welcome to reality.

Good point, and that's why it's nice to have poeple near by who know about shit. Good looks fam